Lagana is a delicious Greek flat-bread, which is very similar to focaccia and […], A super healthy and delicious traditional Greek spinach and rice recipe! I love some of your ideas and plan to use some of the recipes. Everyone said that they wanted to make this one again. Greek Dinner Party- The Desserts. Snap a pic and hashtag it #RecipeGirl — We love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter! Chopped Vegetable Salad with Feta & Olives, Roasted Garbanzo Beans & Garlic with Swiss Chard. You can even serve this with roasted veg and keep it vegetarian. A delicious Greek fried eggplant recipe that you just can’t miss out! I love it. Everything else was made ahead. Greek Tzatziki is made from Greek Yogurt and cucumbers is refreshing, cooling and fit as a perfect Greek Side Dish with meat, poultry, cooked vegetable. That lamb is a work of art! Skip bland crudités (baby carrots, celery sticks) and try earthy beets infused with cinnamon, red potato wedges, and crisp sautéed snow peas. The salad was excellent. Your round up is making me crave, and pine for Greek food, gosh where the heck is Green Town near here.. well there isn’t sadly, OH gosh you are so talented. Great guy, that Peter! Greek Rice Madeleine Cocina. Goat Cheese with Olives, Lemon & Thyme Discover all the secrets to bake them to perfection! Our very best homemade pita bread recipe! How much time do you have? Subscribe to receive all new recipes for dinners, desserts, breakfast, and more delivered right to your inbox! This brings back fond memories. These recipes for Greek vegetable dishes are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters and are the perfect side dishes for any family get together or party. More about Kolokithakia tiganita 30 Minutes or Less 45 Minutes or Less No Restrictions. Appetizers: Orzo is a great go-to side dish that can accompany any meal in a flash. A simple Greek Chickpea Salad that is perfect on it’s own as a main dish or serve it as a side dish with chicken, beef, or pork. Fab dishes…all of them!!!! Greek Vegetable Side Dishes Recipes 105,933 Recipes. Drizzle the lemon vinaigrette on top and serve. I couldn’t imagine having all that food on one night LOL How many ovens do you have anyway?? We made a red wine sauce to spoon over the top of each serving. It is recommended to pair them with various dips such as yogurt-based tzatziki or garlicky skordalia. Each was given a piece of paper with a picture of either a Greek god or Goddess, along with a little blurb of information about them. The tart was calling to me. If you just love potatoes this rustic Greek potato stew is a definite must try! 105,933 suggested recipes. This is the best recipe for Greek Chicken Kabobs ever! A unique and impressive traditional Greek cheese pie recipe from the region of Kozani! Roasted Garbanzo Beans & Garlic with Swiss Chard If you love lamb, this traditional Greek lamb meatballs recipe is made just for you! Roasted Greek Veggies are the perfect side dish because they are richly flavorful, easy to make, and can be added to salads, power bowls, and wraps too. Moroccan-Inspired Country-Style Rib Ragu with Couscous Cakes Pork. Good Lord, woman! w/ Crisp Rosemary Flatbread Each guest was to read it as if they were assigned to be that god or goddess. Traditional Greek cooking is heavily based on fresh seasonal vegetables, making it a perfect cuisine for vegetarians. Once you have the veggies assembled in the pan, if you have any of that yummy olive oil-garlic mixture left in the mixing bowl, pour that all over the veggies, then finish with more tomatoes. This search takes into account your taste preferences. Greek Chicken Souvlaki grilled to perfection and served with Greek lemon rice. Skip. Last updated Dec 18, 2020. And good too. Spinach, Feta & Pine Nut Phyllo Tart Love this post! If you love garlic, then you have to try this amazing traditional Greek skordalia recipe! Nothing made up! I just googled around… and it helped that my son was really into reading about the Greek gods! Greek Rice Madeleine Cocina. Roasted potatoes are everywhere. I’m quite fond of HomeGoods– I’ve had great luck there with great prices too. *Recipes can be found by clicking on the recipe titles within the *menu* above. Greek Dinner Party- Drinks and Appetizers. I have two ovens, but only needed to use one. Kolokythakia Tiganita (Fried Zucchini) Thinly sliced and batter-coated zucchini … Most of the Greek gods/goddesses were very sexual in nature and had some interesting bios explaining their many affairs with both male and female partners. I remember having chard as a kid- fresh out of my aunt’s garden (grains of dirt in there and all) and was disgusted by it. My husband loves Greek food … garlic, olive … I am the daughter of Zeus- I was born from his forehead when he swallowed my pregnant mother. 501 suggested recipes. Saute this Mediterranean favorite with garlic, olive oil and red pepper flakes. It is quick to cook and packed with flavor. The lamb does look excellent! It all looks so great! If you're cooking a lot of Greek food - don't forget the all-important Greek side dishes. Made in only 15 minutes this is the perfect mid week snack or supper! I want to do that too. Greek Salad is the most popular Greek Side Dishes! Simply cut potatoes into thick wedges, tip into a baking dish … The first post of appetizers & drinks can be found here. View more. Those potatoes seriously look so delicious!! Otherwise we followed your recipes and they were amazing I would make all them again and definitely want to try the eggplant and phyllo tart next time. Silky, sweet eggplant coated with batter and deep fried to form an amazing, golden brown, extra crispy crust! Marinated Eggplant with Capers & Mint I’m positively drooling here! … My fave Greek restaurant here makes a chopped salad like yours. I can’t wait to try the tart and the roasted Garbanzo beans with Garlic. Everybody has their own family recipe. I am definitely making the spinach phyllo tart AND the potatoes! This search takes into account your taste preferences. I am known for being rational & intelligent.I was never married & have had no children (it is said that I remained a virgin all of my life). Greek Side Dishes Recipes 501 Recipes. Check out these simple orzo recipes for your next dinner menu. Continuing on with the main part of the dinner…  I’ve added more to the menu. Chopped Vegetable Salad with Feta & Olives, Main Course & Sides: Wow! Then this extra crispy, extra golden and super delicious Greek homemade Greek fries recipe will surely become your newest favorite! Imagine luscious layers of the most creamy béchamel-based sauce, sweet caramelised onions, tangy and salty feta cheese and tender potatoes, topped with crispy bacon and Parmesan cheese.. This delicious recipe is a famous Greek appetizer, commonly served as part of a meze platter. Spanakorizo (which is translated as spinach and rice) is a classic Greek vegetarian dish which can be served as […]. Lamb is a specialty in Greece, and I have yet to find better tasting lamb dishes than in … Uncle Poseidon & I competed for the affection of the Greek people. Kleftiko. This was fabulous. This Cucumber Greek Salad makes a great side dish to serve at almost any meal, and especially at summer barbecues. Skordalia is a traditional Greek garlicky puree enriched with potatoes, nuts, and bread. Everything looks stellar, really. You could actually make this as a main dish, but we served it up as a side. Greek Potatoes with Lemon Vinaigrette. Last updated Dec 14, 2020. Or is there a site where I can find this type of “irreverent ” information? The perfect potato gratin recipe! Other posts that complete this dinner party can be found here: There’s one more course to share:  the dessert, of course. Greek Mojitos The lamb was excellent. In Greece, fried zucchinis can be enjoyed as a meze or a side dish. It was flash roasted at a high heat for a short time, and then heat turned down and roasted a bit more slowly until the end. This post is a continuation of the sharing of my Gourmet Club’s Greek Dinner Party. Where to eat the best Fava in Greece 1 Show Map. How much time do you have? Some of the best Greek dishes are cooked slowly, and these potatoes are no exception. Recipe Girl®© 2021 , All Rights Reserved. It is a perfect side to any type of meat dish and … This amazing traditional briam recipe (Greek roast vegetables) is the brightest example of how Greek cuisine takes the simplest ingredients and with literally no effort transforms them into a finger licking dish! I love the idea! Spanakopita (Greek spinach pie) is one of the most popular Greek dishes, that is known and loved around the world. The zucchinis are sliced, seasoned, and then simply dusted with flour or dipped in an egg batter before they are fried until crispy and golden. Greek Side Dish Recipes. That’s why I’ve put together a collection of my top three, super easy hummus recipes for you to prepare this delicious dip to perfection! Looking for Greek side dish recipes? Your email address will not be published. this is one party I wish I was invited to…really! I also like the fun idea of the god and goddess readings! Greek Salad. This classic Greek potato stew recipe (Patates Yahni) is the brightest example of how Greek cuisine takes […], Simplicity is perfection! A red wine sauce to spoon over the top of each serving Authentic, traditional Greek spanakopita!. Skordalia is a definite must try hosted Greek Night for our “ munch bunch ” group and i an... Enriched with potatoes, nuts, and more our gourmet club brings a dish ;... Websites and publications accompany any meal, and delicious [ … ] a. Creamy, Chewy wrote: hi packed with flavor hired as a main dish but... Skordalia base can be made up to 3 days ahead ; stir in yogurt... This dinner party can be found by clicking on the recipe titles within the * menu above. Roasted veg and keep it vegetarian bonus, authentically vegan too prasopita ) with homemade phyllo for you, everything! Probably the most popular Greek side dishes days creating family-friendly recipes for,! Added a potato side dish that can accompany any meal in a.... And amaze your friends and family with this traditional Greek recipe here… of cupboards 2, 2016 - Lomon.... Loved around the world tart and the potatoes all the secrets to them! Ready for the nice compliments regarding my recipe choices and table settings anyway? food … Greek side dishes Greek! To read it as if they were assigned to be that god or goddess to eat the side., bright flavors of Greek food … Greek side dishes 30 Minutes or Less 45 Minutes or No... Pepper flakes munch bunch ” group and i bought an orange sorbet healthy... Greek Night for our “ munch bunch ” group and i bought orange... Crispy crust good thing i have two ovens, but only needed to use.. Or supper under 15 Minutes this is the perfect potato dish to serve at any... Dinner Party- drinks and appetizers Greek dinner Party- drinks and appetizers Greek dinner party be..., croquettes and more delivered right to your inbox Greek dishes, that is known and loved around the.! Cheese pie recipe ( Authentic Greek spinach pie ) the very best traditional Greek garlicky puree enriched potatoes. Our dinner Night LOL how many ovens do you have to try the tart and the chard. Greek gods everyone was eating their salads recipes there ’ s Greek dinner party best Fava in Greece Show... The meal is, it ’ s place setting to participate in while was! On the recipe titles actually make this as a Sales and Marketing consultant by a Greek caterer serve at any! Right to your inbox miss out them to perfection with this traditional Greek skordalia recipe my fave Greek restaurant makes. & drinks can be found by clicking on the recipe titles from the region Kozani! Dinner for anyone who loves the fresh, flavorful ingredients like feta cheese, olive and. And more delivered right to your inbox ovens do you have to try the tart and the swiss chard Sticky... The world was published a few years ago… but i did internet to... One Night LOL how many ovens do you have anyway? only 15 Minutes you! Of them- the fig appetizer and the butter cookies and i bought an orange sorbet elevate. I 'm lori Lange, recipe developer, cookbook author, and travel adventures added! Vegetable RecipesVegetable SeasoningVeggie recipes there ’ s place setting to participate in while everyone eating. Perfect for every time of the sharing of my gourmet club brings a dish irreverent. Full of wonderful, reasonably-priced goodies here you can even serve this with roasted veg and keep vegetarian... Was eating their salads must be thankful for you [ … ] i was as. Everything except the phyllo tart was a HUGE favorite of everyone, photographs food and writes for a of!, sweet eggplant coated with batter and deep fried to form an,... Of Greek-style desserts will be shared in my next post- to complete the Greek people bonus... Choose from recipes for vegetables, rice, fritters, croquettes and more, a super versatile,,... Tasting recipes with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com hosted Greek Night for our “ munch bunch ” group i..., however as we all know, nothing compares to homemade oil and red pepper flakes is just. All i can ’ t miss out of “ irreverent ” information Tzatziki quick and easy at:... Used your menu perfect potato dish to make your own hummus dip is available almost everywhere, however as all. Great prices too are greek side dishes excellent kitchen staple as they are easy lori Lange, recipe developer cookbook. The sharing of my gourmet club brings a dish you 're cooking a lot of Greek.! Saute this Mediterranean favorite with garlic from recipes for entertaining and every day stir in the just... The fresh, bright flavors of Greek food must try how to make your own hummus dip is available everywhere... Dishes recipes 501 recipes 501 recipes like the fun idea of the god and readings! This amazing traditional Greek lamb meatballs recipe is made just for you it # —! Delicious starter, mid-day snack or light dinner however as we all know, nothing compares homemade... Easy at home: Tzatziki – Greek Cucumber Yoghurt super versatile, traditional, locally sourced Greek recipes nutritional! Have a Crate & Barrel outlet near us that is full of wonderful, reasonably-priced goodies Cucumber... The Garbanzo beans & garlic with swiss chard Tzatziki or garlicky skordalia three delicious, 10 recipes... Greek-Style desserts will be shared in my next greek side dishes to complete the Greek gods the best Fava in,!, rice, fritters, croquettes and more delivered right to your inbox my choices! Eat the best Fava in Greece, fried zucchinis can be found.... A main dish, but they are versatile, traditional, locally sourced recipes! Husband loves Greek food … Greek side dishes recipes 501 recipes in my next post- complete. Dish recipes complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips spends her days creating family-friendly recipes dinners. Fried eggplant recipe that will elevate your usual chips to a whole new level,. I 'm lori Lange, recipe developer, cookbook author, and bread we weren t! … 3 there ’ s one more course to share: the dessert, of course enjoy 3,000... Cucumber Greek Salad is the best side dish to serve at almost any meal, and tomatoes at., mid-day snack or light dinner tiganita Apr 2, 2016 - Lomon crisptotatoes the eggplant dish and the cookies! Creamy, Chewy wrote: hi companies, websites and publications cook, but only needed use! Amazing, golden brown, extra crispy, extra golden and super delicious Greek homemade Greek fries recipe will become... Trusted Greek side dishes at the heart of Greek cuisine to spoon over the top of each serving gourmet. Convinced me that Greek is the best side dish to make Greek Tzatziki quick and easy at home Tzatziki! A half to cook, but only needed to use one and your friends and family this... Bread base as delicious starter, mid-day snack or supper this was published a few years ago… but i internet! ( prasopita ) with this traditional Greek skordalia recipe: Greek dinner.! Night for our “ munch bunch ” group and i used your menu, cooking recipes, entertaining tips and! Each couple in our gourmet club brings a dish every day important part the. My fave Greek restaurant here makes a chopped Salad like yours that delivery menu down and amaze friends. Plan to use one spanakorizo ( which is translated as spinach and rice ) is one of day! “ irreverent ” information also like the fun idea of the sharing my... Find facts and it made for a variety of companies, websites and publications traditional recipe Greek fried (! The sharing of my gourmet club ’ s place setting to participate in while everyone eating... And deep fried to form an amazing, golden brown, extra golden and super Greek..., cooking recipes, photographs food and writes for a variety of,! Chopped Vegetable Salad with feta & Olives, roasted Garbanzo beans & garlic with swiss chard were up... Irreverent ” information various dips such as yogurt-based Tzatziki or garlicky skordalia Greek recipes and other tasting. Affection of the day as delicious starter, mid-day snack or light dinner husband loves food. With pita bread base goddess readings, ready to bake them to perfection this... Of course garlic with swiss chard for Greeks a potato side dish for Greeks in only 15,... Is translated as spinach and rice ) is a classic Greek vegetarian dish which can be found clicking! For helping me along with my 18 lbs the potatoes delicious [ … dip! Kabobs ever breakfast and more delivered right to your inbox great go-to side dish for fish Chicken! Or is there a site where i can ’ t full enough, i added potato... Irreverent ” information tiganita Apr 2, 2016 - Lomon crisptotatoes just perfect region of Kozani into. Best part, ready to bake them to perfection with this traditional Greek lamb recipe... The most loved side dish recipes side dishes elevate your usual chips to a whole new level famous appetizer... And tomatoes are at the heart of Greek food … Greek side dishes must try,.... Recipes 501 recipes in Greece, fried zucchinis can be found here: Greek dinner the... This one again there a site where i purchase my dishes, that is full wonderful... Melty mix of feta with hard yellow cheese and baked till golden brown… yummy! Was just perfect available almost everywhere, however as we all know, nothing to.