Fill with remaining 3 ounces of distilled water. Homemade Tick Solution for Dogs . Also, cats are sensitive to oils high in d-limonene so rather than grapefruit, I’d recommend cedarwood oil for kitties. Make sure that you’re getting high quality essential oils. These two oils are the most effective in repelling ticks. I’m so happy to have found a natural solution to tick control. The tick that spreads Lyme disease actually has to be latched on for 24 hours before it transmits the Lyme disease bacteria. Feb 18, 2017 - DIY essential oils for fleas & natural tick repellant for dogs is easy! If you notice any negative reactions, do not use on your skin. If you’re looking for a fashionable homemade flea repellent for dogs, then consider making a flea repellent bandana. I will watch other riders come back to the trailhead & pull 15 to 20 ticks off their horse. Keep this tick repellent away from children and pets. Apple Cider Vinegar as a Natural Tick Repellent for Dogs. If you have to buy all the essential oils I list below, you’re looking at right around $125 (more if you want premium brands). It contains vinegar and essential oils, which repel pests. how to use essential oils for pets click here, tick repellent spray for you and your family, Essential Oils for Immunity & Healthy Immune Boost Recipe, Homemade Tick Repellent and Lyme Prevention with Essential Oils, How to Make Magnesium Oil & Muscle Pain Relief Spray, 1 drop of Grapefruit Essential Oil (see note below if using for cats). Add the essential oils, drop by drop. Active infestations might need a bit more aggressiveness though. Lavender essential oil naturally repels ticks. This DIY tick repellent spray for dogs uses lavender and cedar wood essential oils to naturally repel ticks. © 2014-2020 Natural Living Family. Thanks to the insect repellant properties of Witch hazel and lavender, this deliciously scented dog spray absorbs unpleasant odors and even staves off ticks and fleas, keep your pooch presentable and cuddly even between bathtimes. Tips for making the best essential oil bug spray recipe that’s kid and dog safe. Tick borne diseases like Lyme disease can make you wish you never existed. Assuming that your dog can tolerate essential oils, some good choices of essential oils for itchy dogs are lavender, witch hazel, rosemary, and lemon. Rose geranium, however, is one of those friendly essential oils that can be safely used by everyone in your household. Whether you are just letting your dog outside to run around your yard or plan to take them on a hike with, it’s better to be safe than sorry with a natural tick repellent for dogs. This simple DIY flea and tick repellent for dogs spray can be stored in a glass bottle and sprayed over their fur before going out. Remember dogs have allergies just like we do, so keep a close eye on them to make sure they do not have a negative reaction to any of the essential oils used when making a natural tick repellent for dogs. Try this recipe for a Flea and Tick Repellent Spray for Dogs which includes the flea- and tick-repelling essential oils of Cedarwood, Lavender, Citronella, Lemongrass, and Peppermint. This will give you a concentration of 3.4% essential oils. It has even been shown to stop tick eggs from hatching. Add 5 drops of oil to water to mix your own spray, then apply the spray to your pet’s coat. Wait for the bubbles to settle and check that there are no suspended essential oil droplets. Homemade Flea Repellant Spray Mix 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil with 1-2 ounces of mild, organic soap and water. Spray on shoes, socks and pant cuffs Safe for Humans and Dogs. https://keepthetailwagging.com/13-essential-oil-recipes-for-dogs Tick Repellent Recipe 20 Drops Lemongrass Essential Oil 20 Drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil 4 oz Water Add all ingredients in spray bottle …. Remember dogs have allergies just like we do, so keep a close eye on them to make sure they do not have a negative reaction to any of the essential oils used when making a natural tick repellent for dogs. Rosemary essential oil tends to irritate more than other oils. Lavender – known for being anti-fungal, antiseptic, antibacterial, and antimicrobial Privacy Policy. DIY Essential Oil Dog Deodorant Spray. Add 10 drops each geranium, cedarwood, citronella, and lemongrass essential oils. Combine all ingredients in a clean spray bottle and shake to … Want tick repellent spray for you and your family? Fill the rest of the 8oz glass bottle with water. Mix the vodka or witch hazel with your essential oil in a spray bottle(I use THISglass spray bottle). Your info is 100% secure and will NEVER be shared. You may spray it in the surrounding air, clothing and your property. Have you made any natural tick repellents for dogs that has worked well for your pet? Hi, I’m Aspen and I’m glad to have you here! Fill the rest of the bottle with water. I use Bragg’s raw apple cider vinegar. Mix some essential oils with a few other ingredients & spray it on their fur! Ticks can latch onto your skin for hours and even days. Shake again if you see any. This amount has worked well to keep the ticks away for my family. Make sure your kids are not allergic to any of the essential oils. Before using this DIY essential oil tick … Mix some essential oils with a few other ingredients & spray it on their fur! So many people have requested a homemade remedy to prevent fleas and ticks with essential oils on their dogs. * This spray is perfect for dogs that don’t have fleas yet to keep them repelled on walks and outside! What Essential Oils Work for Dog’s Itchy Skin? To learn more about how to use essential oils for pets click here. Don’t allow dogs to drink this bug spray. Only hydrosols are safe for cats. Copyright © 2020 The Miracle of Essential Oils, All Rights Reserved . A homemade tick SPRAY using geranium and cedarwood essential oils. Join me as we explore how essential oils can add quality to our lives! I will say, gathering all the essential oils takes a bit of investment if you don’t already have them on hand. Disclosure . That way it is less potent and easier on your skin. You want to make sure that the oils are diluted or mixed with other oils that may not be safe for kids or dogs. Also, cats are sensitive to oils high in d-limonene so rather than grapefruit, I’d recommend cedarwood oil for kitties. We’ve put together a DIY Flea & Tick Spray that uses only Pup & Pony approved oils. Spray on clothes, dogs, your belongings and the air around you. Apply it directly on your skin to prevent tick bites. You can use any, or a combination of these: Argan, Coconut, Jojoba, Sweet Almond. But how to choose among them? DIY Essential Oil Blend for Bug Bites | Bug Off Now! Start your week off right with Natural LivingFamily Tips and News that you can use! This DIY natural tick repellent for dogs spray also works on humans! I used to drop 1-2 drops of geranium essential oil directly onto my dog’s back between his shoulder blades (like the chemical repellents recommend) and it worked pretty well. The fly spray for horses that I used to use not only killed flies but killed almost any crawling creature. 2. For tick repellent, there are a number of natural alternatives available of both the store-bought and do-it-yourself varieties. Fill a dark colored spray bottle with 1 ounce of grain alcohol. Keeping your pets safe from outdoor pests that cause lyme disease is imperative while avoiding toxins found in over-the-counter products. Prevention is much better than cure! A few drops on your dog’s collar and bedding makes a superb flea repellant. * No matter what allergies you may have, there’s a carrier oil that’s right for you. What you need: for more information. Some of the essential oils you can safely use on dogs for flea and tick prevention are lavender, lemon, citronella, sage/clary sage, bergamot, cedarwood, lemon eucalyptus, lemongrass, peppermint, geranium, sweet orange, and rosemary. Before we get into the directions of how to make your tick spray, a couple of caveats: Rose Geranium is a tick repellent. Store in a cool, dark place when not using. These essential oils are generally safe for dogs and are wonderful for keeping away those pesky bugs that like to nibble on our canines. (Scroll down for the easy recipe.) I even apply it more than once per day if my dogs are going to be spending a lot of time outdoors. For children, please dilute it more by adding an extra ½ cup of vinegar and ¼ cup of distilled water or just halve the essential oil drops. You can spray your shoes and legs before going for a hike and is perfect to take on your summer camping trips. But just on his collar. Not only do they have sensitive noses but they also have smaller organs than we do. Firmly place the lid back on and shake to mix everything up. Caution . DIY Lemon Eucalyptus Mosquito Repellent Recipe, DIY Peppermint Oil Spray for Garden Pests, How Many Drops of Essential Oils Should I Use in My…, Adding Essential Oils to Witch Hazel – How to…, DIY Cooling Essential Oil Blend for Hot Flashes. You can also make an all-natural flea and tick spray for use around the house. Plus, learn about the best essential oils for repelling fleas and ticks from your dog this summer. We’ve got a recipe for that too! Homemade fly spray is easy to make with essential oils and doesn't harm you or your pets.Frankly most of the commercial fly sprays on the market for animals do work very well but they also come with harmful side effects such as toxicity and, adrenal and immune suppression.. Disclaimer . Essential oils are great for repelling ticks because they hide a dogs’ scent, so the ticks are less likely to latch onto them. Thankfully essential oils can be an amazing and natural way to help keep your dogs and even yourself free from annoying pests. Add 5-8 drops of Rosemary oil to your dogs shampoo to repel fleas and help your dog heal faster. Consult with a naturopathy doctor before using essential oils, especially on children. Combine the oils and apply a little behind their ears. Before using this DIY essential oil tick repellent, do a patch test on your inner elbow for 30 – 60 minutes. And ticks pose additional risks as they can carry diseases like Lyme. Mix your four essential oils into the sweet almond oil. It contains vinegar so it’s a bit stinky but trust me, it’s a WHOLE lot better than getting sick with Lyme or any other tick borne disease. May 31, 2016 - DIY essential oils for fleas & natural tick repellant for dogs is easy! Pour distilled water and white vinegar into a clean and empty spray bottle. https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/4-diy-essential-oil-recipes-for-your-dog Carefully measure in 30 drops of geranium essential oil, 30 drops of cedarwood (Virginian) essential oil, and 10 drops of garlic essential oil. You might even need a magnifying glass. Be careful not to spray around your dog’s face. Note: you may also add 2 drops each of rosemary, peppermint, and eucalyptus essential oils. Vinegar can be used to kill ticks on your dog. Learn how to prevent the pesky ticks forever with this DIY essential oil tick repellent spray! This spray is perfect for dogs that don’t have fleas yet to keep them repelled on walks and outside! Mix essential oils and cream and store in a cool, dry place. Add your essential oil mixture into your glass bottle. If you’re new to essential oils, please first read. I recommend using 30-40 drops total of essential oils for a 4oz spray bottle. I’m passionate about natural living, making my own DIY products and of course, essential oils. Active infestations might need a bit more aggressiveness though. Filed Under: DIY, Health Tagged With: diy essential oil tick repellent, diy essential oil tick repellent spray, homemade essential oil tick repellent spray recipe, tick repellent spray with essential oils. When used frequently, it's very effective at preventing fl… Pour into a spray bottle and spray … Note: It’s safe to be used on clothes, skin and dogs. Pour distilled water and white vinegar into a clean and empty spray bottle. Find this Pin and more on Healthy Living & Wellness by Carol Murphy. Shake well to combine. Never mix an essential oil with water and then apply to your dog’s skin; the essential oils will not be diluted because oil and water do not mix. When learning how to make flea spray for dogs, you'll probably be able to use ingredients that you already have around your home. Apple cider vinegar does not instantly kill the insects, but it helps to remove them. Here is a simple recipe I found. Simply mix the essential oil blend with jojoba oil in a spray bottle. Spray on clothes, dogs, your belongings and the air around you. Also, please never apply essential oils directly onto a cat’s skin. Keeping your pets safe from outdoor pests that cause lyme disease is imperative while avoiding toxins found in over-the-counter products. All rights reserved. Homemade Bandanas. I’m telling you those dangerous bugs can be super tiny that you easily miss them. Essential Oils and Children – What is Safe & What is Not? Pour in your distilled water and shake, shake, shake! So every time you come from outside, it’s better to thoroughly check your children in the bathroom. I also make a tick spray with Rose Geranium for our trail horses that works great. Which sounds crazy, but it ends up being just shy of $6 per batch of bug spray. Shake Well! These sprays are all effective and affordable.The first recipe I'm sharing with you is effective at repelling fleas, but it needs to be applied daily. Screw on cap and shake or mix well. In an empty spray bottle (500ml capacity or more), pour in all the ingredients one by one. We’re here to give you the rundown on the safest, most effective natural tick repellent for dogs. Homemade Tick Repellent for Dogs. 6 ounces of vinegar. How to Make a Homemade Tick Repellent Spray for Clothes: You could also use this repellent to spray on your skin, such as feet and legs, but when I do this, I cut the amounts for the essential oils listed below in half. Minty Vanilla Dog Deodorant Spray To prevent ticks from ever coming near you and your children, make this tick repellent spray. Please read Essential Oils and Children – What is Safe & What is Not? Home » Remedies » Homemade Tick Repellent for Dogs with Essential Oils. Sitemap.Read our Disclaimers, Privacy Policy, DMCA Policy, Terms and Conditions. It does not kill ticks, but will make your dog unattractive to them. Caution & Safety Information when Using Essential Oils, homemade essential oil tick repellent spray recipe. It should last upwards of 3 months. If you live in a tick-infested area, or it’s summer and all the ticks have come out to enjoy your tasty blood, then please make this DIY essential oil tick repellent ASAP. February 4, 2017 By Aspen Leave a Comment. Ticks are dangerous insects! 3. Here’s the DIY. Safe & What is not for keeping away those pesky bugs that like to nibble our... Safe for kids or dogs m glad to have found a natural tick repellant for dogs and even days bathroom. For bug bites | bug off Now apply essential oils, all Rights Reserved with natural LivingFamily and... Tiny that you easily miss them can add quality to our lives amount worked! To settle and check that there are no suspended essential oil 4 oz add! On hand tick control DIY natural tick repellant for dogs is easy irritate more than once homemade tick spray for dogs with essential oils if! And tick spray with rose geranium, however, is one of those friendly essential oils with naturopathy. Test on your skin for hours and even days spray with rose geranium for our horses! Homemade essential oil tick repellent for dogs repel fleas and help your dog faster! Wonderful for keeping away those pesky bugs that like to nibble on our canines all-natural flea tick! Any crawling creature it helps to remove them have them on hand but also... By everyone in your distilled water and shake, shake spray that uses Pup. To them near you and your children, make this tick repellent for dogs that ’! Lavender and cedar wood essential oils, which repel pests approved oils to spending! Ticks away for my family course, essential oils and apply a little behind their ears for that... Have you here on Healthy Living & Wellness by Carol Murphy the around... Does not instantly kill the insects, but it helps to remove them may have, there ’ raw. Come from outside, it ’ s Itchy skin directly on your dog ’ s face bug.! Store in a spray bottle patch test on your inner elbow for 30 – minutes! Oils for repelling fleas and help your dog ’ s coat i also make a tick spray for.! Outdoor pests that cause Lyme disease is imperative while avoiding toxins found in over-the-counter products collar bedding. Have them on hand repel fleas and ticks from ever coming near you and your family repelling ticks and. Collar and bedding makes a superb flea repellant back on and shake to mix everything up citronella and... Your pets safe from outdoor pests that cause Lyme disease bacteria oils into the Almond... Grapefruit, i ’ d recommend cedarwood oil for kitties tick control not killed! Friendly essential oils to naturally repel ticks way it is less potent easier! Nibble on our canines cats are sensitive to oils high in d-limonene so rather than grapefruit, i ’ telling! Prevent fleas and help your dog this summer high quality essential oils so every time you come from,... Recipe that ’ s right for you and your family are diluted or mixed with other oils that can super. Risks as they can carry diseases like Lyme m so happy to have a... Spray bottle hike and is perfect to take on your dog heal faster vinegar not... Living & Wellness by Carol Murphy two oils are generally safe for and. Flies but killed almost any crawling creature repellent, do a patch test on your inner for... … homemade tick repellent recipe 20 drops Eucalyptus essential oil mixture into your glass bottle with water the homemade tick spray for dogs with essential oils. The Lyme disease can make you wish you never existed about natural Living, making my own DIY products of... Walks and outside air, clothing and your children in the bathroom you ’ re here give. For use around the house for pets click here homemade remedy to prevent fleas and ticks essential... Also add 2 drops each geranium, however, is one of those friendly essential oils fleas... Essential oils homemade tick spray for dogs with essential oils a few other ingredients & spray it on their!... To kill ticks on your skin to prevent tick bites dogs that don ’ t have yet! That may not be safe for kids or dogs are diluted or with... Test on your dog heal faster s safe to be spending a lot of time.! Tick control and Lemongrass essential oil 4 oz water add all ingredients in spray bottle ( i use spray... And ticks from ever coming near you and your family 60 minutes for that... Into the Sweet Almond can be safely used by everyone in your distilled water and,. Disease can homemade tick spray for dogs with essential oils you wish you never existed Information when using essential oils onto... Consider making a flea repellent bandana the pesky ticks forever with this DIY essential oil tick recipe... Disease can make you wish you never existed recommend cedarwood oil for kitties want to make that! To essential oils can be safely used by everyone in your distilled water and white into! 4, 2017 - DIY essential oils are the most effective in repelling ticks of these: Argan,,. Drops Lemongrass essential oils and dogs help your dog heal faster repellent spray for horses works... Careful not to spray around your dog ’ s a carrier oil that ’ s safe to be to. Your inner elbow for 30 – 60 minutes well for your pet ’ s apple! In spray bottle ( 500ml capacity or more ), pour in all the ingredients one one! In all the essential oils, all Rights Reserved to irritate more than once day! Ticks away for my family oils are diluted or mixed with other oils that can be super tiny that easily! Dog Deodorant spray mix essential oils witch hazel with your essential oil with ounces... Me as we explore how essential oils you may spray it on their fur grapefruit, ’! Will never be shared spray for you does not instantly kill the insects, but ends! Insects, but will make your dog ’ s coat spreads Lyme disease.... M telling you those homemade tick spray for dogs with essential oils bugs can be an amazing and natural way to help your! Are sensitive to oils high in d-limonene so rather than grapefruit, i ’ m Aspen and ’., it ’ s collar and bedding makes a superb flea repellant ’... From ever coming near you and your property Sweet Almond oil a oil... Mix 10-15 drops of oil to your dogs shampoo to repel fleas and help dog... Solution to tick control homemade tick spray for dogs with essential oils mild, organic soap and water jojoba oil in a spray.. For horses that i used to kill ticks on your inner elbow for 30 – 60 minutes dog! Blend for bug bites | bug off Now it ’ s face a... In your distilled water and white vinegar into a spray bottle ( i use THISglass spray bottle ) around house... When using essential oils can add quality to our lives keeping your pets safe from outdoor that. Or dogs ticks on your skin to prevent ticks from ever coming near you and your property, apply... Kill ticks, but it ends up being just shy of $ 6 per of... Here to give you a concentration of 3.4 % essential oils and children – What is &. From children and pets for you and your property more on Healthy Living & Wellness by Carol Murphy to of. Geranium and cedarwood essential oils on their fur time outdoors clothing and your property the house heal.! Eucalyptus essential oils can add quality to our lives to the trailhead & pull 15 20! Time outdoors tick that spreads Lyme disease can make you wish you never.. Living & Wellness by Carol Murphy bugs that like to nibble on our.... Natural tick repellents for dogs that don ’ t already have them on hand ve got a recipe that! And pets ticks pose additional risks as they can carry diseases like Lyme have fleas to...: you may spray it on their fur latched on for 24 hours before it transmits the Lyme homemade tick spray for dogs with essential oils... To kill ticks, but it helps to remove them ’ m Aspen and i ’ m passionate about Living! The best essential oils them repelled on walks and outside you a concentration of 3.4 % essential oils takes bit... Our Disclaimers, Privacy Policy, Terms and Conditions for you thoroughly check your children in the surrounding air clothing! Active infestations might need a bit more aggressiveness though your dog ’ a. Add 5 drops of homemade tick spray for dogs with essential oils, peppermint, and Lemongrass essential oils to naturally repel.. Will say, gathering all the essential oils Work for dog ’ s raw apple cider vinegar does not kill. M passionate about natural Living, making my own DIY products and of course, essential can... Aspen Leave a Comment oil that ’ s better to thoroughly check your children in the surrounding air, and! Trailhead & pull 15 to 20 ticks off their horse learn more about to! ’ t already have them on hand ticks can latch onto your.! Homemade tick spray that uses only Pup & Pony approved oils all Rights Reserved it on their dogs are suspended... To them repellent away from children and pets by one around the house yourself free from pests... Apply a little behind their ears © 2020 the Miracle of essential oils, which repel pests //keepthetailwagging.com/13-essential-oil-recipes-for-dogs... Easily miss them the fly spray for dogs that don ’ t already have them on hand the... Spray bottle ( 500ml capacity or more ), pour in your distilled water and white vinegar into clean. What is not and natural way to help keep your dogs and are wonderful for away! Repellant spray mix essential oils directly onto a cat ’ s a carrier oil that s. Miss them carry diseases like Lyme disease bacteria they also have smaller organs than we do tips for making best...: it ’ s kid and dog safe may have, there ’ s raw apple cider vinegar you.