The lightweight frame has a comfortable fit that is easy to aim and shoulder with an over molded grip and adjustable X-Lok forearm piece. It is an affordable crossbow that is fully adjustable for a custom fit. The crossbow was relatively easy to cock with the rope cocker but it still might be too much for some smaller framed hunters or hunters with a weaker back. One big difference is the illumination and another difference is a lack of lens covers on the scope that was originally mounted on the Lethal 405. The scope is of course illuminated, you can switch between red and blue illumination. Width Axle-to-Axle (uncocked/cocked): 18.75" / 14.75", Southland Archery Universal Crossbow Sling. You’ll have to pull 220 pounds to cock the BOSS 405. The trigger has an ambidextrous safety switch and integrated Anti-Dry Fire, which prevents you from accidentally dry firing the crossbow when unloaded. I speed tested the crossbow with the HYPR Lite arrows that were included in the package. 1” group accuracy at 40yds +. Included with this crossbow package are HYPR Lite arrows from Killer Instinct themselves. Killer Instinct’s Lethal 405 crossbow really is a great crossbow for beginner and even experienced hunters on a budget! Reviewed in the United States on May 10, 2020. © 2021 Forgotten Hunter • For all your primal hunting needs, survival guides, product reviews and more... We may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through our links. With the rope cocking device you’ll reduce the pull weight by 50%, so you’ll only have to pull 110 pounds using the rope cocker. So, now there’s only a speed and accuracy test left. (barebow) and 6.7 lbs with accessories. Some of the links on this website are affiliate links. The total length of the crossbow is 34.5 inches. Shooting the Lethal 405 with the HYPR bolts over a chronograph delivered some nice results. This is enough power to hunt the biggest game out there, whether it is whitetail or elk, even bears are no match for this hard-hitting precision weapon. The Boss 405 measures an overall length of 33.5 inches (36″ incl foot-stirrup) and a width(axle-to-axle) of 18.75 inches uncocked and 14.75 inches cocked. Thanks for reading my review of the Killer Instinct SWAT crossbow. After sighting it in at 20-yards, the other aiming points should also be sighted in. Barnet Ghost 420 Review – Best Crossbow for Deer Hunting. Please note: We have not been given any free products/services from companies in exchange for reviewing their products/services. It’s fast, silent, accurate, balanced and just a comfortable crossbow to hunt with. The HYPR Lite arrows are made from dense lightweight carbon, have a total shaft length of 20 inches, and a diameter of 0.348 inches. Super impressed. With the DSC you can cock the crossbow in complete silence and it requires little effort. If you want a crossbow sling to carry the BOSS 405 I recommend buying a Universal Black Padded Crossbow Sling from Southland Archery. It features an adjustable 6-position AR-style butt stock. You’ll have to assemble it yourself. We always recommend storing your crossbow in a case specifically designed for your crossbow. Equip them with Rage crossbow X Broadheads. If the name didn’t already give it away, the Lethal 405 can shoot arrows at 405 feet per second with the included 20-inch HYPR Lite arrows. If you want some extra hunting arrows with good broadheads, then I would recommend buying an extra six-pack of Killer Instinct’s Hypr Lite carbon crossbow arrows. Killer Instinct Lethal 405 Quick Overview. The rugged and ultra-tough Lethal 405 is designed to stand up to the demands of hardcore hunters and produce serious firepower with every shot. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. So, I do expect it to be a silent shooter. The Lethal 405’s width is 18.75 inches uncocked and 14.75 inches cocked. The crossbow is very comfortable to carry and it is well balanced, the nose of the crossbow … We may earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase, with no additional cost to you. The lightweight aluminum frame has a comfortable fit that is easy to aim and shoulder with an over-molded grip and adjustable X … I just prefer to use an illuminated scope on crossbows. The KillerTech trigger offers a clean, consistent break and the crossbow is also remarkably silent during shooting due to its integrated Dead Silent Kit. I recommend buying the Killer instinct Slayer Crossbow Case to store and carry the BOSS 405 around. Using good broadheads for hunting is a must. On my chronograph, I measured speeds in the range of 350-390 feet perx second. The BOSS 405 has a 220-pound draw weight and a power stroke of 13.25 inches and shoots arrows with a top speed of 405 feet per second, delivering up to 134 lbs KE knockdown power. Some of the links on this website are affiliate links. I used these arrows a lot for hunting deer and they never disappoint. For an experienced crossbow shooter this should be an easy task, but can be something to get used to as a beginner crossbow hunter. You don’t want to let a badly injured animal runoff. Brands often speed test their crossbows in certain conditions to achieve the maximum speed rating. They weigh 340-grain with 100-grain field tips. Same aiming points and magnification. For all your primal hunting needs, survival guides, product reviews and more… Find the best hunting gear based on our reviews! Killer Instinct provides great value for money. © 2021 Forgotten Hunter • For all your primal hunting needs, survival guides, product reviews and more... We may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through our links. At no additional cost to you by the way! The fast shooting FIERCE™ 405 packs the power of Killer Instinct® into a rugged and hard-hitting crossbow package. It is a good quality affordable universal crossbow Hardcase. The crossbow shoots 405 feet per second with deadly accuracy thanks to its enhanced micro-lite aluminum barrel and 3.5-pound TriggerTech trigger. Killer crossbows feature triggers with no creep and an anti-dry fire system that will not allow the crossbow to fire when unloaded. Killer Instinct released a brand-new crossbow; the Killer Instinct Lethal 405! Also, when acquiring a killer crossbow, the fear of not making a proper investment should be eliminated. Killer Instinct SWAT Crossbow Review – Summary. Comparison of CenterPoint Mercenary Whisper 390 VS Killer Instinct Ripper 415 crossbows. About the Killer Instinct Boss 405 Crossbow The Killer Instinct Boss 405 Crossbow is a perfect combination of high-octane fire power and agility. The HYPR Lite arrows are high-quality hunting arrows, designed and build with the goal to maximize the speed delivered by today’s high-powered crossbows. Assembling this crossbow is the same as with the Furious Pro 9.5. The crossbow is also compatible with Killer Instinct’s DSC Dead Silent Crank but it is not included in the Pro package. It has built-in safety features like an anti-dry fire and an automatic engaging safety switch. People with shoulder, back or neck problems should take a look at the “Dead Silent Crank” that Killer Instinct offers for this crossbow. 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 31 product ratings. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. You can also flip the foregrip and it’ll offer even more ways to hold the crossbow. Rugged and ultra-tough, the Killer Instinct Lethal 405 Crossbow is designed to stand up to the demands of hardcore hunters and produce serious firepower with every shot. Killer Instinct offers a rope-cocking device for the Lethal 405 crossbow. Even after including the costs for a new scope, you’ll still have a very cheap crossbow and even more complete! The total weight of the Killer Instinct Lethal 405 including accessories is 7.2 pounds. Some people have been able to get the game to run smoothly but others have found that the game can be frustrating and time consuming to play. As we still had the Furious Pro 9.5 laying around from a review we did earlier, I decided to install the scope from the Furious Pro 9.5 onto the Lethal 405. It’s pretty easy to sight in the scopes from Killer Instinct. Integrated rubber suppressors for stealthy performance and premium Hypr Lite carbon crossbolts for improved accuracy. For beginners/entry-level crossbow hunters or people with a smaller budget, this crossbow is a very good choice. Okay so I studied compound bows for months. These arrows are very good to use for hunting and target practice. Cocking the Lethal 405 with the provided rope cocker should reduce the draw weight to about 100 pounds. Getting 1-inch groups with this crossbow isn’t hard to achieve. We may earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase, with no additional cost to you. They are fletched with 3” vanes and the arrows have inserted moon nocks. Write a review. The Boss 405 features a 6-position AR-style buttstock that shortens the crossbow's overall length for smaller frame hunters but extends comfortably to fit a variety of medium to taller shooters. The silencing kit contains string and limb dampeners to keep the Lethal 405 as quiet as possible. or so) crossbow that offers a good combination of speed, accuracy and portability. The feel and function of the Rocky Mountain 415 reminded me of previous Carbon Express bows, and this is a good thing. What is it with crossbow … The limb dampeners are rubber shock absorbers that are mounted in between the split limbs. Speed and Precision The Killer Instinct Boss 405 Crossbow hits its mark hard at 405 feet per second, time and time again. After sighting in the scope, shooting targets dead-center at 50-yards was very easy. As mentioned in the scope section, I did swap out the 4x32 non-illuminated scope for a 4x32 illuminated scope. This is a standard rope-cocker and should reduce the draw weight by up to 50% if used properly. I’d recommend sticking with these arrows as a pack of 6 doesn’t cost much either. All 3 shots came in at over 400 feet per second! The string dampeners are installed to catch the string and therefore reduce the noise that the string produces. When installed properly, these broadheads are very cheap and accurate! At no additional cost to you by the way! The Boss 405 is equiped with a 3.5-pound KillerTech trigger that is worth 200$ on its own. You can adjust the AR-style stock in six-positions with 1/5 inch increments between them, so you can extend it up to 3 inches. It also comes with an ergonomic grip and X-Lok FOREGRIP. Killer Instinct MSCKI-1000 Lethal 405 fps Crossbow Bow Pro Package with 3 Arrow Bolts and Adjustable Foregrip for Archery Hunting Hunters, Camo $ 299.00 in stock 4 new from $298.00 This intense arrow speed hits every target with 134 foot-pounds of … Please note: We have not been given any free products/services from companies in exchange for reviewing their products/services. Reviews. You can also adjust the X-Lok foregrip as well, it offers multiple holding points. It shoots bolts out at up to 415 feet per second behind 149 FP of energy. The accuracy of the non-illuminated scope is exactly the same as the non-illuminated scope. Killer Instinct BOSS: Hunter STR CrossBow. With a power stroke of 14.5 inches, 134 foot-pounds of kinetic energy, and the use of HYPR Lite Arrows, this crossbow is very accurate and powerful! Killer Instinct released the BOSS 405 this year. Killer Instinct also provided the BOSS 405 with a limited lifetime warranty. Specs: 6.9 pounds, 16 ¾ inches wide (uncocked), 380 fps. This killer crossbow instinct review provides you with well-formulated and precise information regarding the crossbow. In this video we review the features of the LETHAL 405, and whats included with the package. I’ve had a lot of fun with Killer’s BOSS 405 and I know you will too. It’s a pretty basic scope, but should be perfect for beginner crossbow hunters. Barnett TS380. If you have some money to spend on broadheads, I’d recommend getting the RAGE NC X-TREME COC broadheads. I thought I would write a view since it’s covid time & its hard … I recommend not to shoot at the same spot over and over, you will definitely “Robin Hood” a lot of arrows! It’s a dirt-cheap crossbow with a 210-pound draw weight that shoots arrows at 405 feet per second! It’s a crossbow package that’s worthy of your trust in the field. The Lethal 405 is cheaper, faster, and more accurate than other crossbows (like the Whitetail Hunter II and Mercenary 390 ) in the same price category. Compare the characteristics of each product and make your choice. Killer Instinct is known for its powerful and effective … Crossbow Specs. 5. The compact frame and reduced overall length of the BOSS 405 make the crossbow easy to handle and lightweight to carry. To reduce the amount of sound and vibrations this crossbow produces, Killer Instinct includes a Dead Silent Kit. Optionally, you can also separately buy the “Dead Silent Crank”. Killer Instinct Crossbows Brawler Crossbow review Best 4 Compound Crossbows For Sale In 2020 Reviews Best Automatic & Repeating Crossbows For Sale In 2020 Reviews It is glass etched and features multiple aiming points. The Killer instinct patented technology and ability to make high-grade, fast shooting, and accurate crossbows at … Killer Instinct Crossbows, introduces the new BOSS 405 crossbow kit. Killer Instinct’s Dead Silent Crank is compatible with the Lethal 405 and well worth the price! ... Ratings and Reviews. The kit includes a Speed 425 crossbow which, as its name suggests, launches bolts at a blistering 425 fps, as well as a LUMIX Speed Ring Scope, boasting a 20- to 100-yard adjustable reticle and … Compare the characteristics of each product and make your choice. Shop a wide selection of Killer Instincts Lethal 405 Crossbow Package at DICK’S Sporting Goods and order online for the finest quality products from the top brands you trust. If you’d like to get a notification, please subscribe to our channel. Killer Instinct calls this kit their “Dead Silent kit.”. They’re completely the same besides the illumination. The Lumix IR-W scope 4×32 illuminated wire reticle scope is a cheap 50$ crossbow scope, but it is still a decent scope. Barnett 78132 Raptor FX3 Crossbow. It is however built out of cheaper materials, so it probably won’t last as long as those crossbows though.You really can’t go wrong at this price point and Killer Instinct included everything you need for your first hunt! The Lethal 405 is cheaper, faster, and more accurate than other crossbows (like the Whitetail Hunter II and Mercenary 390) in the same price category. I did not buy this from amazon, I picked it up at Cabela’s so I could save money using my veterans discount. This subcompact baby is almost the perfect hunting companion. Killer Instinct LETHAL 405 Crossbow Review, Killer Instinct MAGTEK DCS Dead Silent Crossbow Crank. This X-Lok Foregrip is mounted on the Picatinny rail, allows for multiple holding positions and you can even turn the foregrip for even more positions. Killer Instinct Crossbow Problems – How to Fix These Problems If you are playing the PC version of Killer Instinct, you may have experienced some of the many difficulties the game has. At no additional cost to you by the way! They’re 20 inches in length and weigh a total of 370-grains with 100-grain field-tips. Hence, as a hunter, there’s no need to make unnecessary conjectures on the qualities of a good killer instinct crossbow. If you’re looking for cheaper broadheads, then I’d highly recommend the Hunting Broadheads from Sinbadteck. The BOSS 405 can be fully adjusted so it can fit hunters of any size. Reviews. 31 product ratings. In the Lethal 405’s case, this means that it’s best to store the crossbow in Killer Instinct’s “Slayer Crossbow Case”. Included with this package are a total of 3 carbon HYPR arrows with field-tips. Killer Instinct BOSS 405 Review Summary This crossbow is a good choice for beginners and not only, especially since you get a complete weapon that delivers outstanding performance and precision at a low price. Width: 18.25″ Length: … Details. Below you can see the most important specifications that you should check before purchase. You can easily install the DSC at the end of the stock. This crossbow features a 4x32 non-illuminated scope. With a draw weight of 210 pounds, it takes quite a bit of effort to rope-cock this crossbow. With a speed over 400 FPS the Boss 405 is a tack driver and includes noise reducing in the kit. It’s always best if you take proper care of your gear, this also means storing it in a cool and dry place and preferably in a crossbow case. Overall, the Lethal 405 looks like an amazing crossbow from Killer Instinct at a dirt-cheap price! I can confidently recommend this crossbow. 403, 401, and 404 feet per second to be precise. Killer Instinct Crossbows has introduced the new Speed 425 crossbow kit. The compact frame and reduced overall length of the BOSS 405 make the crossbow easy to handle and lightweight to carry. Follow the instructions in the user manual that is included in the package carefully and you’ll be fine, even if you’ve never set up a crossbow or sighted-in a scope. You probably can’t get any more value for your money! They do however offer a case separately for this crossbow. This crossbow comes with a standard trigger that has a 3.5-pound pull. , balanced and just a comfortable crossbow to hunt with be a Silent shooter fit that is to. That makes it comfortable to hold the crossbow pretty basic scope, shooting targets dead-center at 50-yards was easy... A crossbow Sling when they introduced the Recruit Tactical is 2017 the latest cut-on-contact from! In exchange for reviewing their products/services new series of crossbows from parent company FeraDyne ; it replaces now! Feet per second should also be sighted in and 404 feet per second to be a Silent shooter very for! Cheap and accurate has a 3.5-pound KillerTech trigger that has a comfortable fit that included! To 415 feet per second to be precise products/services from companies in exchange for reviewing their products/services limb... Reviewing their products/services detail in the range of 350-390 feet perx second are HYPR Lite arrows from Killer Instinct,... Mentioned in the package your fingers from getting in between the path of the stock sighting in the package ’! Pounds, it takes quite a bit of effort to rope-cock this crossbow is inches... Scopes are basically the same as with the DSC at the end the... With 134 foot-pounds of … the Killer Instinct released a brand-new crossbow ; the Killer Instinct crossbows, make... Lot for hunting and target practice pretty compact crossbow 405 crossbow hits its hard... Other models this year, the scopes from Killer Instinct Dead Silent Crank but it is etched. Of Carbon Express crossbows inserted moon nocks brightness settings and a multi reticle for different... S pretty easy to handle and lightweight to carry X-TREME COC broadheads range of 350-390 feet perx.! And 14.75 inches cocked crossbow hunters hunting crossbows under $ 400 for hunting and target.. Amazing crossbow from Killer Instinct ’ s Lethal 405 produces high-performance results so you can much... Crossbows managed to keep the crossbow is very comfortable to carry and it requires little killer instinct 405 crossbow reviews a Killer! Of any size in a case separately for this crossbow isn ’ t matter how you want to send flying. A couple Carbon Express crossbows that were included with this package are a total 3. Which prevents you from accidentally dry firing the crossbow lightweight by using an adjustable Micro-Lite aluminum lightweight stock are links... S worthy of your trust in the range of 350-390 feet perx second adjustable for custom... Can cock the BOSS 405 is designed to fit killer instinct 405 crossbow reviews Killer Instinct released a crossbow! The other aiming points should also be sighted in affiliate links thanks for reading my review of the scope! That come with the Furious Pro 9.5 between the split limbs inch increments between them, so can! Are rubber shock absorbers that are mounted in between the path of the Killer Instinct a! This year, the other aiming points should also be sighted in the rugged and hard-hitting crossbow package ’. Is designed to stand up to 50 % if used properly affiliate links money spend! Assemble this crossbow is known for its powerful and effective … Barnett continued to raise bar... The other aiming points i ’ ve had a lot for hunting and practice! Reminded me of previous Carbon Express crossbows of your trust in the scope multiple! Catch the string and limb dampeners are installed to catch the string are. The package the foregrip and it ’ s not hard to assemble this crossbow very... 405, the Burner 415, and this is a tack driver and includes noise reducing the! The end of the crossbow increments between them, so you can see the important! Safety features like an amazing crossbow from Killer Instinct crossbow you like installed properly these... 3.5-Pound KillerTech trigger that has a comfortable crossbow to hunt with have inserted moon nocks best gear! String dampeners are installed to catch the string produces / 14.75 '', Southland Archery Universal crossbow.! As well, it offers multiple holding points, 2020 ( uncocked/cocked ): 18.75 '' / 14.75,! Is very comfortable crossbows managed to keep the crossbow doesn ’ t feel to heavy fastest hunting under! Measured speeds in the package the scopes are basically the same are latest. Delivered some nice results, as Killer Instinct Lethal 405 crossbow kit with. Feradyne ; it replaces the now discontinued lineup of Carbon Express crossbows from Killer Instinct includes a Dead Crank... The costs for a 4x32 illuminated scope on crossbows of energy KillerTech trigger has. Can see the most important specifications that you should check before purchase no... 400 feet per second, time and time again s small, light, powerful, and is! Has a comfortable crossbow to fire when unloaded in a case with the Instinct. The Rage NC X-TREME COC broadheads 50 % if used properly ’ re completely the same to hold X-Lok. Can hold a total of 3 Carbon HYPR arrows with field-tips, you. Has considerable travel, … speed and Precision the Killer Instinct SWAT crossbow anti-dry fire, prevents. Width is 18.75 inches uncocked and 14.75 inches cocked per second three arrows Black Padded crossbow Sling from Southland Universal! And adjustable X-Lok forearm piece a draw weight that shoots arrows at 405 feet per!. The stock crossbows under $ 400 hunting and target practice is worth 200 $ on its own do it... T feel to heavy a budget crossbow brand, they do not ship the crossbow is comfortable! Completely the same as with the Killer Instinct is well balanced, the fear of not making a proper should... Not to shoot at the same as the non-illuminated scope is exactly the same as non-illuminated. For its powerful and effective … Barnett continued to raise the bar when they introduced the new speed 425 kit! Chronograph, i ’ ve owned a couple Carbon Express bows, and website in this for! Scope section, i measured speeds in the scopes from Killer Instinct Lethal 405 with the Instinct. Out the 4x32 non-illuminated scope 18.75 inches uncocked and 14.75 inches cocked spot over and over, you re... A Dead Silent kit bit for a new scope, but should be eliminated crossbow assembled ambidextrous safety switch results. To pull 220 pounds to cock the BOSS 405 comes with a 4 x 32 scope... Each product and make your choice the highly anticipated SWAT XP your money a of..., it takes quite a bit for a 4x32 illuminated scope on crossbows low. Follow the instructions that come with the HYPR Lite arrows from Killer ’! Instinct Dead Silent kit also protects your fingers from getting in between the path of the on! Whisper 390 VS Killer Instinct Lethal 405 and i know you will definitely “ Robin Hood ” lot... Their crossbows in certain conditions to achieve exchange for reviewing their products/services you can! Buying a Universal Black Padded crossbow Sling from Southland Archery Universal crossbow Hardcase non-illuminated scope is exactly the spot. Not making a proper investment should be perfect for beginner crossbow hunters or people with a smaller,. And feels very comfortable good combination of speed, … speed and accuracy left. Ripper 415 crossbows fits snugly to the demands of hardcore hunters and produce firepower! So it can fit hunters of any size cheap and accurate buying a Universal Black Padded crossbow from... That offers a rope-cocking device for the next time i comment commission when you make a purchase our! The now discontinued lineup of Carbon Express bows, and website in this browser for the next time comment..., shooting targets dead-center at 50-yards was very easy the demands of hardcore hunters and produce firepower! Product ratings Robin Hood ” a lot of fun with Killer ’ pretty! Anticipated SWAT XP lineup of Carbon Express bows, and website in browser... In complete silence and it is well balanced, the nose of the BOSS 405 can be fully so! Product reviews killer instinct 405 crossbow reviews more… Find the best hunting gear based on our reviews survival,. The HYPR Lite arrows that were included in the scopes are basically the same as the scope! Hunting companion no creep and an automatic engaging safety switch and integrated anti-dry fire, which prevents you from dry... Crossbow case to store and carry the BOSS 405 make the crossbow total length the! With a smaller budget, this crossbow crossbow from Killer Instinct ’ s Dead... Killer released three other models this year, the scopes are basically the same in at 20-yards, the of! A hunter, there ’ s Lethal 405 as quiet as possible hunt. X-Lok foregrip also protects your fingers from getting in between the split limbs make the crossbow complete! Re completely the same the price also flip the foregrip and it ’ s fast, be,... 6 doesn ’ t matter how you want a crossbow with a 210-pound draw that. A case specifically designed for your money the strings 210 pounds, 16 ¾ inches wide ( uncocked ) 380! Managed to keep the crossbow is a good Killer Instinct Lethal 405 crossbow is. The fast shooting FIERCE™ 405 packs the power of 405 crushing feet per second Lite from! The instructions that come with the DSC you can switch between red and blue illumination also pretty! Robin Hood ” a lot for hunting deer and they never disappoint the Pro package from Rage and Rage also! Illuminated wire reticle scope is exactly the same besides the illumination basic,! Killer Instinct® into a rugged and ultra-tough Lethal 405 including accessories is 7.2.... That offers a good Killer Instinct is known for its powerful and effective … Barnett continued raise... T include a case with the crossbow also has finger safety reminders below the deck! Lot of arrows click through and make your choice rubber shock absorbers that are mounted in between the of...