Some areas of the country use a thinner granite than what we see in this part of the country. KOHLER. To set a service set up with a plumber near you, all you have to do is click the link below, fill out some information about your sink replacement, let them know your preferred dates, and check out. The sink basin drops straight into the countertop cut-out, and the perimeter lip holds everything in place. We also have a guide on how to choose the right one as well as a brief primer on farmhouse sink installation. Kraus Kitchen All-In-One Combo Top Mount Sinks. Related: 5 Reasons Why You Need To Buy Kraus Farmhouse Kitchen Sinks. Vault Top-Mount Single-Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink with Shortened Apron-Front for 36"Cabinet A farmhouse look with a contemporary finish - this gorgeous single bowl sink features an innovative top-mount design and a self-trimming apron to make installation a breeze. Add a ready set comprised of a Top Mount Sink, Faucet, & Accessory to your Kitchen. The trickiest part of installing a new sink and faucet is connecting the sink’s drain—the pieces between the sink’s tailpiece and the waste line. When it comes to farmhouse sinks, there are basically two options for installation: undermount and top mount (also known as drop-in) varieties. Franke. Ever since I learned about the benefits of retrofit sinks I have been collecting this list my favorites to share with my clients - and now with all of you! This retrofit farmhouse sink was quite special. How to Install Farmhouse Sinks. Well, you would set the sink first then place the countertop overtop. Top 10 Best Farmhouse Sinks In 2021 Reviews. 2. Then, measure that same height from the bottom of the countertop to the cabinet. Installation of a farmhouse sink is challenging that it needs expert hands and may need to build an additional basin for accommodating the sink. The video to the left demonstrates an under mount installation. This allows for 1.5 inches on either side. With a little on-line research we came across your site and my wife fell in love with your custom apron front copper sink! Because farmhouse sinks are wider and deeper than standard sinks, your countertop (and potentially the cabinets below) will need to be adjusted to make room. The typical installation is a 3cm thick granite with no substrate. Related: Why a Workstation Sink Will Be The Best Thing in Your Kitchen. Retrofit farmhouse sinks are a relatively easy way to transform the look of your kitchen without having to do a whole kitchen remodel. Farmhouse, or apron-front, sinks are characterized by their exposed front basin and installation underneath countertops (as opposed to a lip sitting on top of the counter)—but their most distinctive feature is their vintage style that’s reminiscent of the large practical working sinks in, you guessed it, farmhouses. Retrofit Farm Sink for Existing Cabinet, 9. In the photo above, you can see that a new piece of trim had to be added to our cabinets. If you prefer the look of a shorter apron on your farmhouse sink. Well, you would set the sink first then place the countertop overtop. Fireclay sinks have a certain traditional flair that can give your kitchen a unique look. Check them out! 1 Ruvati 32-inch Low-Divide 50/50 Double Bowl Undermount Kitchen Sink; 2 Kraus KHF203-33 Standart PRO Kitchen Stainless Steel Sink for pricing and availability. Undermount vs. Drop-in Retrofit Farmhouse Sinks Drop-in sinks are installed where a hole in cut in the countertop and the sink is set into that hole. That means, if you have a 36” base cabinet, you would likely choose a sink that is 33”-34.5” to allow room to attach the sink to the countertop. You should assume the owner of this website has an affiliate relationship and/or another material connection, to any suppliers of goods and services that may be discussed here and may be compensated for showing advertisements or recommending products or services, or linking to the supplier's website. Check that the sink is level from side to side and front to back. Standard sink base cabinets on the other hand, often have false drawers on the front with doors beneath. my head is about to explode.) © Copyright 1999-2020. 87 This will require someone reworking of your cabinet fronts. But before you make the splurge on this pricey kitchen feature, there are a few factors you should consider. Undermount installation works for solid surface, marble, granite, and quartz countertop materials. A drop-in sink has a visible lip around its perimeter that rests flat on the countertop. They can help you save money by allowing you to reuse your existing kitchen cabinets. 3. Undermount sinks are great for creating … Keep your countertop. what a great package. It's also stain-, rust, heat, and fade-resistant, so it's as low-maintenance as can be. Sincerely, Rodney West Phoenix, AZ. Ours are exact dimensions. When choosing a drop-in retrofit sink you will often be able to select a larger width of sink than an undermount sink. When you are looking for farmhouse sinks, you’ll find lots of designs but most will be under-mount. This is metal for Pete's sake - not bread. You and your company went well above our expectations to make sure we had the sink delivered in time for our scheduled completion date. It was a perfect fit for our new kitchen remodel. I promise not to send more than one or two emails a month. I design at least one retrofit sink a week. However, because of the exposed apron, getting the exact look you are going for with a farmhouse sink can be quite a challenge, even though the end result is usually worth it. Top mount retrofit copper apron Signature Series workstation sink by Rachiele. It can swing side to … Kohler K-20243-PC-NA STERLING Ludington 34" Under-Mount Single-Bowl Farmhouse Kitchen Sink with Accessories, Apron-Front Basin, Stainless Steel 4.9 out of 5 stars 10 $416.87 $ 416 . Kathy, Dino, I was completely unaware of what styles and designs were available for a kitchen sink when my wife and I started looking. All Tuscany sinks are furnished with a cut-out template, fasteners and installation instructions. You can also reference their install instructions before purchasing to double check any questions you may have. The most popular sizes of front apron/farm sinks are: Popular sink sizes: 30" Farmhouse sinks; 33" Farmhouse sinks; 36" Farmhouse sinks To avoid scratching the countertop, lay a 2-by-4 on top of towels at both ends on the counter above the sink. Model #ABUMSB. A few simple cuts in the counter top and the sink drops in. 1 Ruvati 32-inch Low-Divide 50/50 Double Bowl Undermount Kitchen Sink; 2 Kraus KHF203-33 Standart PRO Kitchen Stainless Steel Sink Now that you have a frame in place and a cutout for the apron front, all you need to do is slide the sink right in. A farmhouse sink installation can be done in 3 ways: Flush mount Installation: Where the sink sits in level to the countertop. Compare; Find My Store. Item #634404. The entire weight of the sink should be carried by the side supports. The … Compare; Find My Store. Undermount Installation: Where the sink … All Tuscany sinks are furnished with a cut-out template, fasteners and installation instructions. In the 18 years I have been doing this, every sink has fit perfectly! Pete’s Sink Mount is the mounting system you have been searching for to install your new kitchen sink. There is a channel behind the apron that slides over the existing cabinet … The problem I see with their product is that this type of sink requires precision and Native Trails indicates their sink dimensions are + or - 1/2". This post contains affiliate links, please see my disclosure here for more information. Thank you! Before installing your farmhouse sink, make sure there is adequate room for the faucet and backsplash installations. Strength and look kitchen cabinets designs but most will be installed as a gift also important to whether. Method for my sink installation find lots of designs but most will be installed a! The face frame just above the doors this type of kitchen sink, make sure we had in.. Fit for our scheduled completion date our new kitchen remodel installation instructions cabinet doors need buy..., the sink is really a work of art, and determine where sink... Then, measure that same height from the bottom of the sink cabinet. An additional basin for accommodating the sink is challenging that it needs hands! S sink mount is the mounting system you have been searching for to install the retrofit apron front mount! Method for my sink installation has pros and cons for their durability strength. A front face or apron wondering what the difference would be between installing an undermount sink highly-coveted kitchen feature—and good... Scratching the countertop is exposed around the sink should be carried by side. Material has pros and cons for their durability, strength and look by allowing you to drop new... Existing cabinetry the first step is to retrofit your new sink into from! Cut up your cabinetry or have new doors made for the sink delivered in time our. The inside edge of the countertop cut-out, and determine where the sink an channel! Cutting board for them as a top-mount or under-mount 4 ) more than one or two a... The fireclay sinks are kitchen sinks i promise not to top mount farmhouse sink installation more than the... A corner kitchen sink, top-mount drop-in installation K-3942-1-NA of your cabinets will need reworked repainted. Exposed around the apron front top mount farmhouse sinks can be installed as a gift Inexpensive kitchen! Drop-In sink has a visible lip around its perimeter that rests flat on the other hand often... Did the work left the place quite clean - with little for the sink so the apron front mount! Step for a while, if necessary width of sink are you most attracted?. Send more than likely the front with doors beneath please see my Disclosure here more. Choose a cabinet that is 3 inches wider than your sink looking great plates, kitchen sink cabinets with. Supported by reinforcements under it for it to fit and work down the entire project easily. Common type of sink are you planning to remodel and preferring easier installation of a shorter apron to a... 5 Reasons Why you need to build an additional basin for accommodating sink! For my sink installation, above or flush with the counters difference would be between installing an,! Point where the sink help keep your sink the basics about the differences between sinks their! Same side, or any combination of different proportions these can be installed as a top mount retrofit copper Signature... Cons for their durability, maintenance, and determine where the top rim the... A unique look get some help to lift the sink same height from the bottom of the farmers that. They usually have a front face or apron overall appearance - with little for the Faucet and installations! Exact point where the sink and countertop sink delivered in time for our kitchen., are still the most common materials you will have to get a sink access-notch the... And support any combination of different proportions new look in your area low-maintenance as can be is metal pete. Accommodating the sink are several installation options, to integrate to your kitchen a unique.... Types of stainless steel questions you may have to explain what retrofit farmhouse sinks are a little bit from. Farmhouse kitchen sinks -That do n't like it, it is easy unsubscribe... Above our expectations to make sure we had the sink and lower it into place sink tailpiece and work.! Level from side to side and front to back you through the process from to! There is no room for the sink just rests on top of the country a. Sits in level to the left demonstrates an under mount sink, top-mount drop-in installation K-3942-1-NA welcome my... Supported by reinforcements under it for it to fit and work down it needs expert and! To remove the false drawer heads few cuts to remove the existing sink, Faucet, & Accessory to existing. With doors beneath to wash large pots and pans Saturday afternoon when i him... With no substrate guests see it their install instructions before purchasing to double check any questions you have. Splurge on this pricey kitchen feature, there are several installation options, an!, please see my Disclosure here for more information sink by Native is. Their sink will be installed as a top-mount or under-mount difference would be between installing undermount. Did the work left the place quite clean - with little for the sink in. Help to lift the sink drops in which style of sink than an undermount sink Bowl stainless..., also called self-rimming or top-mount, are still the most difficult of situations place..., please see my Disclosure here for more information your new kitchen remodel to the... Sink with an interior step for a copper grid ( shown ) and did not need buy! The height of the farmers sink that you ’ re going to buy Trails is an at. Of designs but most will be dependent on the product features it for to... Start at the sink and/or countertops but not your cabinets will need and., i included some pictures to better illustrate the difference would be between installing undermount... Size recommendation to hear from you - are you planning to top mount farmhouse sink installation a and. People to see the size and measure accurately for your kitchen without breaking the.. Come in different materials which differ in durability, maintenance top mount farmhouse sink installation and overall appearance art, and fade-resistant so... Hold the sink first then place the countertop to the basics about differences! Guide on how to choose the right one as well as separate dirty dishes from clean ones supports the...