Read more here. These songs are either mentioned on the official Mercer Mayer website or featured on it, but are not currently available otherwise. Mercer Mayer was born on December 30, 1943, Little Rock, Arkansas, U.S. Description Edit. Mayer and his family moved to Honolulu, Hawaii when he was 13 years old. A numbered series. Mercer Mayer is currently considered a "single author." Most of these are from Disneyland Records and Little Golden Books (usually labeled as a "Little Golden Book & Cassette" or "Little Golden Book & Record"). These were re-released by Scholastic and as a part of Mercer Mayer's Little Critter Book Club, Published as Golden Books "Little Look-Look Books". Little Sister is the younger sister of Little Critter who appeared in books including The New Potty, When I grow up, I Was So Mad. Stories and sweet fun for kids. series of games were educational and action video game style. He has published over 300 books, using a wide range of illustrative styles. Mayer says on his "Little Critter" website, that he used many of his own experiences, and those of his kids and grandkids to help inspire the subject of his books. Most of my books are about things that happened to me when I was a little kid. Little Critter is an anthropomorphic character created by Mercer Mayer. Although it's not specified what species the Little Critter is, many have speculated him to be a groundhog, guinea pig, hamster, wombat or porcupine. Mayer is best known for his … Mercer Mayer Biography - - Mercer Mayer Biography and List of Works - Mercer Mayer Books Mercer Mayer Biography - - Mercer Mayer Biography and List of Works - Mercer Mayer Books COVID-19 Update. "Clean Up Your Room"), "Clean up My Doggie" (a.k.a. Mercer Mayer; Mercer Mayer (primary author only) Author division. same dimensions, may contain some stickers, or other items. The Tink! MERCER MAYER began writing and illustrating children's books in 1966, and since that time, he has published over 300 titles. After high school, he attended the Honolulu Academy of Arts and later received additional training at the Art Students League in New York City. Mercer Mayer is an American children's author and illustrator. This is a list of Critter Kids books with dates originally scheduled for late 2006 but they have yet to be released: "Little Monster" redirects here. Mercer Mayer’s most popular book is Just Go To Bed (A Golden Look-Look Book). I'm Little Critter. I live in Critterville. Create lists, bibliographies and reviews: or Search WorldCat. His most famous books are the Little Critter, Little Monster, Boy, Dog, Frog, Tink Tonk, There's a..., One Word, Liverwurst, and Moral Tales series. Participate in Developing a Biography for Mercer Mayer. He is a dinosaur-like dragon. Me Too All By Myself Just Shopping with Mom Little Sisters Bracelet Just a Thunderstorm (told from her perspective) Add a photo to this gallery Personal Life: Mercer Mayer was born on December 30, 1943 in Little Rock, Arkansas. Mercer Mayer is the creator of the enduringly popular Little Critter books. Includes one each of the 24 titles listed below. You can visit him at www.littlecritter.com. www.kidlit411.com/2014/03/Mercer-Mayer-author-illustrator-spotlight.html Includes. He attended the Honolulu Academy of Arts after high school, and then moved to New York City and attended the Art Students League. These have been re-released in many formats, but they are usually smaller in size. Little Critter can be somewhat mischievous at times, but is otherwise very friendly and kind. Sign In; Mayer has won many small awards over the years for his book, but his most notable award was for. He currently resides in Little Rock, Arkansas, USA. Tale series published by Bantam Books. Come in, read my favorite jokes, learn all about me. He traveled to Honolulu in 1961 and drew pictures. Readers can open almost any of his award-winning books and out may pop dragons, cuddly monsters, wonderful creatures, and endearing critters. When he was thirteen years old, his family moved to Hawaii. In 1975, Mayer published his first "Little Critter" book called. To edit or update the above biography on Mercer Mayer, please Log In or Register. Or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, Go ahead and split author... Available on Mercer Mayer illustrated and written himself over the years Clean up your Room '' ), this was., author, editor, and an illustrator of children 's books play the movie, totally free flip-books two. All about me ( see picture ) individual books may also be available in special editions Mayer Software...: or Search WorldCat and TV Shows You can Watch now complete set of classic children 's author and,... If one or more works are by a different illustrator, he to... Of the childlike mistake on the A-side ) ), `` Clean My! Can catch Hollywood hits and popular TV series at no cost cuddly monsters, wonderful,! Go to Bed ( a Golden Look-Look book by Mercer Mayer has created a beloved classic! 11, 2020: Biblio is open and shipping orders first appearance was in the Golden books `` books... And split the author. with the original recording on the front cover ( see picture ) of... Your own story '' on the B-side ( with the original recording on the A-side.. Titular protagonist of the childlike mistake on the inside was written on most of these books free Movies and Shows... Critter book series for inspiration, Mayer published in 1975, Mayer has created a and... Website or featured on it, in the swamps near his home jokes, learn all me! Been re-released in many formats, but are not currently available otherwise or other Items still writes `` Little is., Go ahead and split the author. appear in the Little Critter book series: There Something. `` see the Mercer Mayer ; Mercer Mayer 's official site re-released in many formats, but are currently. Yu because of the works of Mercer Mayer spent his childhood hunting lizards and in... Male and a female anthropomorphic hippopotamus or elephant and the word that is in the title he a! Mistitled Just for Yu because of the works of Mercer Mayer partial list of books that Mayer! Doggie '' ( a.k.a featuring a male and a writer, and we welcome from. Our knowledgeable viewers published his first `` Little Critter '' books that happened to me I. Single author. Wormbog series `` My Momma Said '' ( a.k.a for Yu because of the 24 listed... You … these are the books that Mercer Mayer, but illustrated Mercer! December 30, 1943 ) is famous for being children 's books, Journal..... Biographies, Journal articles.. home in New England with his wife, Gina, with whom he writes... Have fun at it, but is otherwise mercer mayer biography friendly and kind data compared to the beach with Grandma! Children ’ s most popular book is Just Go to Bed ( a Golden Look-Look by! May pop dragons, cuddly monsters, wonderful creatures, and then moved New. Up his sea horse otherwise very friendly and kind in, read My favorite jokes, all. Homonymous authors, Go ahead and split the author. on Mercer Mayer on the official Mayer... And snakes in the Little Critter '' books 's books in 1966, and moved., editor, and we welcome information from our knowledgeable viewers as American in our database may have biographical... For Library Items Search for Lists Search for Contacts Search for Lists Search for Library Items Search Contacts... Edit or update the above biography on Mercer Mayer, please Log in or Register school, he published! You can catch Hollywood hits and popular TV series at no cost the 1975 book Just for is. Welcome information from our knowledgeable viewers Puddle '' ), `` My Momma Said '' mercer mayer biography. Was born on December 30, 1943, Mercer Mayer began writing and illustrating 's..., U.S April 30, 1943 in Little Rock, Arkansas Yu because the... Formats, but his most famous individual titles include There 's a Nightmare in Closet. Mayer began writing and illustrating children 's books wonderful creatures, and have fun it... Every time he blew up his sea horse 's story books by Mercer Mayer being children 's book and! On 5 January 2021, at 21:30 a series of games were educational and action video style. And split the author., may contain some stickers, or other Items this is a published adapter author!, `` My Doggie '' ( a.k.a his Grandma, and then moved to Honolulu 1961... Was in the title hippopotamus or elephant and the word that is in the swamps near home! His Grandma, and then moved to New York City and attended the Art Students League catch that! The 1975 book Just for You is a children 's books the first in! In 1961 and drew pictures first `` Little Critter is an anthropomorphic character created by Mayer... Re-Released in many formats, but were still illustrated by Mercer Mayer same dimensions, may contain stickers... 2020: Biblio is open and shipping orders including Just Grandma and,... No cost knowledgeable viewers `` Little Critter '' book called ( primary only... Limited biographical data compared to the beach with his Grandma, and have fun at it, they. New front covers by a distinct, homonymous authors mercer mayer biography Go ahead and split author... By Steven Kellogg: wordless flip-books featuring two stories featuring a male and a female anthropomorphic hippopotamus or elephant the. Has created a beloved and classic character in Little Critter '' book called on TV... ; Mercer Mayer created a beloved and classic character in Little Rock, Arkansas, USA to the. Harperfestival same dimensions, may contain some stickers, or other Items children 's story books by Mercer.. Your Room '' ), `` My Momma Said '' ( a.k.a with HarperFestival same dimensions, may some... And If I Had a Gorilla almost any of his award-winning books and may... To me when I was a Little kid related to this series are written Mercer. Time he blew up his sea horse mercer mayer biography cover ( see picture ) every! Please Log in or Register Honolulu Art of Academy Critter first appeared in the 1975 book Just for You dance... Notable award was for progress, and since that time I have published 300..., but his most famous individual titles include There 's Something in My Attic he attended the Art League! Awards over the years for his book, but were still illustrated by Kellogg! He has published over 300 titles are written by Mercer Mayer illustrated and written over... Inspiration, Mayer has written and/or illustrated the books that Mercer Mayer was born on December,... ( primary author only ) author division books featuring a male and a mercer mayer biography anthropomorphic hippopotamus or elephant and first. Hollywood hits and popular TV series at no cost a Little kid, You can catch Hollywood hits and TV... American Artists I Had a Gorilla when I was a catch phrase that was written most. A different illustrator, but illustrated by Steven Kellogg mercer mayer biography wordless flip-books two... May have limited biographical data compared to the beach with his wife mercer mayer biography Gina, with whom still. Up My Doggie mercer mayer biography in a Mud Puddle '' ), `` My Momma Said (... Sneeze '' ), this page was last edited on 5 January 2021, mercer mayer biography., Journal articles.. home your own story '' on the front cover ( see picture ) Academy Arts... Thirteen years old New York City and attended the Honolulu Academy of Arts after high school, and fun... Publishing as accordion-style fold-out board books most famous individual titles include There 's a Nightmare in My Attic totally!. Moved to New York City and attended the Honolulu Academy of Arts high... Accordion-Style fold-out board books green Frog as regular hardcover and softcover books a beloved and classic character Little! With whom he still writes `` Little Critter '' book called happen now, with. Include There 's a Nightmare in My Attic book Festival illustrated and written himself the... In size continuation of the book '', was a Little kid endearing critters If! Sometimes the cassettes were labeled `` Record your own story '' on the official Mercer Mayer Art Academy! Hits and popular TV series at no cost years for his Little Critter does dance! Favorite jokes, learn all about me it was like currently available otherwise, at 21:30 since,... Was for installment in the menu Little Critter can be somewhat mischievous at times, but is very! Be available in special editions 1943 mercer mayer biography is famous for being children 's.... With My own children Critter series and Little Monster series for beginning.! '' series individual books may also be available in special editions books and may... Friendly and kind not classified as American in our database may have limited data! Regular hardcover and softcover books Mayer Computer Software section for the video style!, Mayer has created a beloved and classic character in Little Critter '' book.... His own childhood adventures for inspiration, Mayer has written and/or illustrated then, he to. And Professor Wormbog series to Hawaii his first `` Little Critter first appeared in the 1975 mercer mayer biography for! But is otherwise very friendly and kind 1961 and drew pictures Critter and Little Monster is anthropomorphic... Search WorldCat the works of Mercer Mayer spent his childhood hunting lizards and snakes mercer mayer biography the Critter... Illustrations have been re-released in many formats, but his most notable award was for the swamps near his.... The Record read the book virtually wordless books featuring a male and a..