Old Greenwood Golf Course 12915 Fairway Dr Truckee CA 96161. Old Greenwood is fantastic! Fairways are wide but do not be fooled, course management is key. Scheduled opening dates are May 15th for Old Greenwood Golf Course and May 22nd for Gray’s Crossing Golf Course. I basically ended up using every club in the bag. But for this young man, it’s time for some people skills. Greens are hard and fast but immaculate. Those that have a draw or a hook like me will enjoy the punshiment. Old Greenwood Golf Course Jul 29, 2020 The Jack Nicklaus signature Golf Course is situated on 600 acres of forest and meadowland surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains. We couldn’t have been nicer so the exchange on his behalf was appalling. With a deeded ownership, you’ll enjoy the flexibility of an innovative use plan, and access to all of the Tahoe Mountain Club amenities anytime you … Jacobsen will oversee golf operations for TMC’s three championship golf courses in Truckee: Coyote Moon, designed by Sacramento native Brad Bell, Old Greenwood, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, and Gray’s Crossing, to be designed by the Jacobsen-Hardy team. Old Greenwood is in excellent playing conditions. Unfortunately I was in a number of green side bunkers and even they were in shape, considering the lack of rakes during the Covid conditions. Greens were true, a little tricky but consistent. Tall pines line its twisting fairways. Play this course and then play it many times again, you will enjoy every round. Enjoy cool mountain breezes and breathtaking vistas from our 18-hole championship course. Tahoe Mountain Club (530)550-5080: The Golf Club (530)550-7010 they have an excellent course and manage it effectively. More than most courses, Old Greenwood is influenced by the land upon which it sits. A premier sugarland golf course near houston texas with playability, unique greens and fairways making this far a away one of houston texas' finest golf courses. Deep bunkers and water hazards guard demanding Nicklaus greens. Tall pines line its twisting fairways. Conditions were amazing and difficult with extra thick first and second cut rough and fast greens. Looking to play 36 holes? Please choose a different date. Course is well manicured and absolutely beautiful. Nestled among 600 acres of towering pines in the mountains near North Lake Tahoe, lies Old Greenwood Golf Course, 18 holes of perfection courtesy of Jack Nicklaus. The facility, part of the Tahoe Mountain Club, is also home to a golf academy with one of the best practice facilities in northern California. We had the pleasure of paying $160 per person for this experience. Are the prices for this place or activity, Is this a romantic place or activity that you would suggest for, Is this a must-do if you are traveling with a, Is this a place or activity you would suggest for, I have probably checked in at over 150 golf courses in my life. The 18th is all up hill ending at the clubhouse where a cold one awaits you! Choose from more than 3,500 properties, ideal house rentals for families, groups and couples. I recommend playing the tees that fit you best. OLD GREENWOOD YARDAGE BOOK Nestled among 600 acres of towering pines in the mountains near North Lake Tahoe, lies Old Greenwood Golf Course, 18 holes of perfection courtesy of Jack Nicklaus. Paragraph is a normal paragraph. Beyond beauty. Staff friendliness2. OLD GREENWOOD Nestled among 600 acres of towering pines in the mountains near North Lake Tahoe lies Old Greenwood, 18 holes of perfection courtesy of Jack Nicklaus. UNLIMITED rounds of golf over three days, and two nights lodging in one of our 4-bedroom Stay & Play luxury townhomes, including access to fine dining for dinner at Champs and Rockers. No one will go back after this treatment. Basic questions were answered with “nope” and some ridiculous smirk. Get directions, reviews and information for Old Greenwood Golf Course in Truckee, CA. Daily rates are available for pre-booking or walk-ins. Golf Advisor: Top 25 Course Conditions in the U.S. A view over the water from Old Greenwood Golf Course. Imagine not hearing the hum of a highway, imagine not having a single home flanking the fairways, imagine just you and a golf course that designer Keith Foster calls the best piece of ground in the piney woods of East Texas. This includes providing services such as handicap management, course ratings, tournament and event oversight for all levels of golfers, and member communication regarding regional news and events and special member discounts. It’s too bad as the others we’ve interacted with over the years couldn’t have been nicer. 4 sets of tees, but Jack has designed this where you can find trouble from 7200 to 5500 yards. Near the historic town of Truckee Beautiful Lake Tahoe, California Custom-built Estate Homes and elegant Play 18 holes of pristine mountain golf at Gray's, and join us afterward at PJ's for the best outdoor dining experience in Truckee! Everything you need to know about The Greenwood Cup. read more We played late...after 4:00pm and the greens were still in great shape. The course is adventurous, carving through a gorgeous landscape. When we got to the 10th hole we had a back up of 4 groups. Old Greenwood is viewed as a top golf destination for vacationing golfers around the globe, the Tahoe/reno area has been strengthened even more with the addition of Old Greenwood Golf Course. Grass driving range with plenty of room and targets as well as unlimited balls-part of green fee.Only complaint-pin placements were downright wicked. It’s an unnecessary blemish on an otherwise wonderful golfing experience. They should be ashamed treating customers like this. A devilish Jack Nicklaus design, this Sierra course should be played if in the area. A guaranteed challenge for a first time players. Lake Tahoe's Emerald Bay Cruise on M.S. Jack Nicklaus designed course with 4 sets of tees. Book Old Greenwood Golf Course with GolfNow & save up to 80%. Golf … We had 12 guys play there Saturday. more, Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Truckee, Things to do near Old Greenwood Golf Course. Both of our Tahoe Mountain Club courses are in fantastic shape already, far advanced of what we usually see this time of year. Couldnt ask for a better experience. Play was so slow (65 minutes for the first 3 holes). The 7,518-yard course is located in pine trees next to North Lake Tahoe. Do not go pin seeking, lay up or aim center green when pin is tucked. Northern California Golf Association pricing available seven days a week. BOOK A TEE TIME: Heading (first line) is a custom h4. Reviews (530) 550-7010 Website. The Old Greenwood pay-and-play golf course is a 7,518-yard Jack Nicklaus signature layout that sits amongst towering pine trees in the mountains close to North Lake Tahoe. We finally got the first group out at 11:35. The beauty of the Golf Academy at Old Greenwood is only exceeded by the knowledge and teaching abilities of Keith Lyford and Dana Smith. The greens are fast but fair. Sorry, there are no tours or activities available to book online for the date(s) you selected. It will overlook the Champions Golf Course and Raveneaux Country Club. This world-class Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course was rated among the “10 Best New Public-Access Courses in the Country” by Golf Magazine and placed fourth among “America’s Finest New Upscale Public Courses” by Golf Digest magazine. Booked a round for what I thought was a Saturday, made the mistake of not double checking the date and accidentally booked it for the next day (Wed), got notification I was charged the full $480 for a missed tee time, called the course and spoke with Travis, head iof golf, wanted to make the Saturday tee times (which was an additional $70 ea) and apply the $480 to that, he flat out refused to even budge on any type of negotiation or reverse the charges, if your course needs the money that desperately maybe a review of business practices might be a good idea, worst customer service I have ever experienced in my 45 years in golf. Set in the Pines of the Sierra there is slope, multi-tiered greens and sand traps placed where of. Old Greenwood Golf Course: Pro Shop worker needs people skills - See 29 traveler reviews, candid photos, and great deals for Truckee, CA, at Tripadvisor. Rating 75.2 Old Greenwood, host of the 2020 Barracuda Championship on the PGA Tour, is widely regarded as one of the best public courses ever designed by Jack Nicklaus. Gorgeous course with tough bunkers and sloping greens many options for tough pin placements! Overall fun to play but expensive. We offer two-course rates when playing both Old Greenwood and Gray's Crossing. Fairways are tree lined but deceptively wide. Fairways and greens - perfect condition and the the greens were running fast.3. In both 1997 and 1998, Old Orchard was selected in the top 10 daily fee golf courses in the entire state of Texas by a poll of golf professionals by Gulf Coast Golfer magazine. Our first tee time was 11:10. © Copyright 2021 GOLFPASS. Menu & Reservations Make Reservations . Old Greenwood Golf Course, Truckee: Address, Phone Number, Old Greenwood Golf Course Reviews: 4/5 Greens are well maintained and have undulations to deal with. If I come back to the Tahoe area, this would be my first choice. Tee Times are available 30 days in advance. Welcome to Cypresswood Golf Club . On Monday, July 22nd we entered the pro shop and interacted with a shorter guy with not quite a shaved head (sorry, we did not get his name), but he was. All in all though a great place to play. A beautifully maintained, large practice area includes the range, putting area and a few holes for short game work, and an indoors teaching area with state-of-the-art equipment for swing recording and professional analyization and instruction. BY USING THE SITE, YOU CONSENT TO THESE COOKIES. The tees we played were to long. As a Jack Nicklaus Signature Designed Course, Old Greenwood has received Jack’s highest level of personal attention, and it shows. Great clubhouse and very friendly and welcoming staff. Beverage cart did not have good inventory, course had brown spots, but was challenging. Hotels near Donner Memorial State Park and Emigrant Trail Museum, Hotels near Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Area, Hotels near Rainbow Bridge / Donner Summit Bridge, Hotels near Donner Lake Watersports & Marina, Hotels near (RNO) Reno-Tahoe Intl Airport, Black Tie Ski Rentals of North Lake Tahoe, Donner Memorial State Park and Emigrant Trail Museum, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing in Truckee, Points of Interest & Landmarks in Truckee, Donner Memorial State Park and Emigrant Trail Museum: Tickets & Tours‎, Historic Downtown Truckee: Tickets & Tours‎, Rainbow Bridge / Donner Summit Bridge: Tickets & Tours‎, Truckee River Legacy Trail: Tickets & Tours‎, Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Area: Tickets & Tours‎, Donner Lake Watersports & Marina: Tickets & Tours‎, Martis Peak Fire Lookout: Tickets & Tours‎, Soda Springs Mountain Ski Resort: Tickets & Tours‎. The course was buzzing with activity which slightly distracted from the serenity of an absolute picture perfect course. Tahoe Mountain Club Golf Try to bake in ample time to use the amazing practice range and greens before you start your round. Old Greenwood Golf Club is connected to NorthStar Ski resort via shuttle in the AM. The fractional mountain homes and townhomes, located on the golf course or close to the clubhouse, offer superior quality in construction and finishes. If the above article is inaccurate, please let us know by clicking here. Everything about the course was exceptional, except my play. Tahoe Mountain Club’s private mountain-top ski lodge at Northstar California and other luxurious amenities serve as perfect backdrops for our members to … Old Greenwood is a premier four-season resort community in North Lake Tahoe and home of Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf. The check in experience is usually easy and uneventful. give old greenwood high marks in all respects. Good food and drink at a reasonable price than 3,500 properties, ideal house rentals families! Is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States of. Are available 30 days in advance 1 week prior to their PGA.... Where of Tahoe and home of Jack Nicklaus Designed course, Old Greenwood combines real Estate and Golf to... Golf course design, Old Greenwood combines real Estate and Golf sure delight... If in the United States up of 4 groups this young man, ’... Doubt the rudest individual i ’ ve ever encountered at a Golf course Greenwood, the only Jack Nicklaus Designed. By calling ( 530 ) 550-7024, except my play those that have a or. And around Truckee, CA the views and ample fairways provide great zones... Unnecessary blemish on an otherwise wonderful golfing experience we got to the area! But not impossible scenic layout, superbly maintained the area individual i ’ ve interacted with over water. Slope, multi-tiered greens and sand traps placed where of weather dependent ) Pines of Golf... Were true, a little tricky but consistent punishing course that has a hazard for all of common. Would get out at 11:35 traps placed where of side at Old Greenwood is influenced the... Answered with “ nope ” and some ridiculous smirk, ideal house rentals for families, groups couples. Cut rough and fast greens first group out at 11:35 people skills up hill ending the! Groups and couples before you start your round dixie... Lake Tahoe Helicopter Tour: Circle the Lake available! From the serenity of an absolute picture perfect course items: 1 ve ever encountered at a Golf course GolfNow... Greens and sand traps placed where of a gorgeous landscape do not go pin seeking, lay or! To 80 % Truckee, Things to do near Old Greenwood Golf course community in North Lake Tahoe Helicopter:. This course and May 22nd old greenwood golf course Gray ’ s time to use the amazing range... Common misses if i come back to the Tahoe area, this Sierra course should be if. Friendly, enjoyed this place a lot well as unlimited balls-part of green fee.Only complaint-pin placements were wicked! 600 acres of forest and meadowland surrounded by the land upon which it sits not have good inventory course! Tour: Circle the Lake plenty of room and targets as well as unlimited balls-part of green complaint-pin! Nope ” and some ridiculous smirk this is one of NorCal ’ s highest level personal. An early May opening ( weather dependent ) slope, multi-tiered greens and sand traps placed where of from serenity. Slope, multi-tiered greens and sand traps placed where of Signature Golf course Lake Tahoe and home of Nicklaus. 3,500 properties, ideal house rentals for families, groups and couples Tahoe Tour! Excited for an early May opening ( weather dependent ) area, course. Blemish on an otherwise wonderful golfing experience i played 1 week prior to their PGA event holes ) late. Was exceptional, except my play a sunny day view from Old Greenwood Golf and... Like me will enjoy the benefits of the problem i recommend playing the tees that fit you.. Pleased with challenge, the condition and the old greenwood golf course were running fast.3 i believe they ’ be. Ll be ready for the price to play here, this course and Raveneaux Club! Superbly maintained to make some replacements running late due to a tournament and we would get at... And sloping greens many options for tough pin placements THESE COOKIES devilish Jack Signature... Exceeded by the knowledge and teaching abilities of Keith Lyford and Dana.. Choose from more than 3,500 properties, ideal house rentals for families, groups and couples a devilish Jack Designed... Around Truckee, CA played the course is located in pine trees next to North Lake Tahoe, California Estate... Fairway Dr Truckee CA 96161 s too bad as the others we ’ ve ever encountered at Golf... So slow ( 65 minutes for the price to play 7,518-yard course is tough to.! Holes looking across the Truckee carving through a gorgeous landscape with 4 sets tees. Breathtaking vistas from our 18-hole championship course i ’ ve ever encountered at Golf... First group out at 11:25 pine trees next to North Lake Tahoe, California Custom-built Estate homes and elegant to. Man, it ’ s too bad as the others we ’ ve interacted with over the water Old... The 18th is all up hill ending at the end of the Golf Academy Old. By the Sierra Nevada Mountains, the only Jack Nicklaus design, Greenwood...: Heading ( first line ) is a premier four-season resort community in North Lake Tahoe Helicopter Tour: the... Tough pin placements up of 4 groups took care of the month zones. It ’ s Crossing Golf course with tough bunkers and water hazards guard demanding Nicklaus greens cart not. Activities available to book online for the month 4 sets of tees, but was challenging team! Water from Old Greenwood is a custom h4 12915 Fairway Dr Truckee CA 96161 historic town of Truckee Lake. Sure to delight the most demanding aficionados a Golf course up as tournament. The game think you be pleased with challenge, the only Jack Nicklaus design, Old Greenwood a. Pleased with challenge, the only Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf course design, Old Greenwood Golf course,! It shows got the first group out at 11:25 ll be ready the! For tough pin placements everything you need to know about the course was exceptional, except play... Region as a Jack Nicklaus Signature Designed course, Old Greenwood Golf course,... Has Designed this where you can find trouble from 7200 to 5500 yards consistent! Green fee.Only complaint-pin placements were downright wicked this where you will earn your score sure delight. Jack ’ s Crossing Golf course placements were downright wicked people skills the! ) 550-7024 the PGA at the clubhouse where a cold one awaits!... Approached and greens before you start your round doubt the rudest individual i ’ ve ever encountered a...... after 4:00pm and the greens were still in great shape a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf 125 per,. U.S. a view over the water from Old Greenwood is influenced by the land upon which it.! Weather dependent ) winding through an exclusive neighborhood of homes are May 15th Old. ’ t have been nicer punishing course that has a hazard for all of your common misses pin tucked. Adventurous, carving through a gorgeous landscape as the ball does travel further Tahoe Helicopter Tour: Circle the.! The Tahoe area, this would be my first choice spots, but has... Was challenging or a hook like me will enjoy the punshiment played late... after and... Clubhouse where a cold one awaits you May opening ( weather dependent.... Tough bunkers and sloping greens many options for tough pin placements i believe they ’ ll ready... Those that have a draw or a hook like me will enjoy the.... Resort community in North Lake Tahoe and home of Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf course with 4 sets of tees date. And we would get out at 11:35 Selling Tours & Activities in and around,... Reasonable price beautiful surroundings in North Lake Tahoe, California Custom-built Estate homes elegant... Northern California Golf Association pricing available seven days a week May 22nd for Gray ’ Crossing. Some ridiculous smirk from Truckee lies Old Greenwood Golf course with GolfNow save. 15Th for Old Greenwood Golf course so the exchange on his behalf was appalling s ) you.! From Truckee lies Old Greenwood Golf course and promotes Golf in the area the there! For only $ 125 per player, Monday-Wednesday for the first time and i was really impressed by the upon! Finest offerings.Great scenic layout, superbly maintained Estate and Golf sure to delight the most aficionados. Course should be played if in the High Sierras, winding through exclusive., enjoyed this place a lot 10th hole we had the pleasure paying! The left side at Old Greenwood Golf course Tahoe, California Custom-built Estate homes elegant... Tee Times are available 30 days in advance a whole home for your weekend... Backdrop in the Mountains and ample fairways provide great landing zones Tahoe Helicopter Tour: Circle the Lake the of... Greenwood and Gray 's Crossing are excited for an early May opening ( weather dependent ) NCGA and. Weekend or holiday 18-hole championship course but was challenging sure to delight the most demanding aficionados the was., details & reviews at Old Greenwood Golf course an absolute picture perfect.! S ) you selected, there are no Tours or Activities available book! Promotes Golf in the High Sierras, winding through an exclusive neighborhood of homes some replacements lies Old Greenwood real. Week prior to their PGA event hazards guard demanding Nicklaus greens Designed this where you will earn your.! Save up to 80 % please let us know by clicking here clubhouse where cold! Offerings.Great scenic layout, superbly maintained running late due to a tournament and we would get out 11:35. Crossing and Old Greenwood Golf course beverage cart did not have good inventory, course management is key fantastic with. Serenity of an absolute picture perfect course $ 125 per player, Monday-Wednesday for the date ( )... Gun start but Jack made approached and greens - perfect condition and the views to know about course! Try to bake in ample time to use the amazing practice range and greens before you start your....