B. BALLSS ... airbag and low wiper lit. 7 Answers. Airbag light on... can someone in MA help me reset it? Will My Car Pass Inspection With The Airbag Light On ... Can you pass emissions with a abs light on how to find out why check engine light is on and avoid will an abs light make you fail emissions inspection test can a vehicle pass ny state inspection with the abs light on. If the light does not turn on when the OBD system tries to turn it on, this problem must be corrected. Relevance. Flatly, 1996 and newer cars cannot pass emissions testing with the “Check Engine” light on. 1996 and newer vehicles CANNOT PASS emissions testing with the “Check Engine” light illuminated. Repairs made to your vehicle are connected with the emissions problems that caused your vehicle to fail the test. A check engine light on a vehicle at least 12 years old may still pass if the I/M 240 test can be run and the car can pass the test. The SRS ( air bag) warning light is not emission related and would not prevent a car from getting a pass . Answer Save. Learn how you can easily fix the SRS airbag warning light appears on the car's dashboard. The airbag light would have nothing to do with emissions. My inspection expired in January on my 01 Golf TDI and my airbag light is on and needs to get cleared. The airbag light, also known as the SRS light (supplemental restraint system), illuminates on the vehicle's instrument panel usually only after the vehicle has been in an accident and the airbag has deployed. some states will not allow you to pass and you could fail the inspection part of the smog check, but not the emissions test. Tried disconnecting the battery with no success. I know they don't do an emissions test. Will my car pass emissions in AZ with the airbag light continually on? Vehicles manufactured in 1981 and older will be inspected using a two-speed idle test. pass CA smog with ABS light on? In MOST States, to get an Inspection Sticker, you must pass a Safety and Emissions test. Might be the same situation with your ABS problem. i am getting ready to take my car for the state inspection but im scared to because my friend said that i will not pass because the air bag light indicator warning is turned on. New Mexico. The emissions test performed on the vehicle will be determined by the vehicle model year and equipment (drive type, traction control etc.) Whats people lookup in this blog: The ABS light being on will make the vehicle fail safety. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 7 of 7 Posts. How To Pass A Vehicle Safety And Emissions Inspection Will my car pass inspection with the airbag light on colony one four ways to help pass your state inspection texas express lube car inspection dallas texas may be the next state to eliminate annual vehicle inspections. Negative he will not inspection is only for emissions, as long as he has a visible catalytic converter, gas cap that seals and no check engine light he will pass. Looking for a little help with someone with VCDS to … [2196], Last Updated: Sun Jun 14, 2020 the tech said the only light i need to worry about was check engine. Depending on the year and the state, it may be able to pass safety if the airbag light … This article will … He can go in a 4 flats no windshield and no exhaust after the cat and pass no problem. Because the Check Engine Light can be caused by a number of factors, it may not be something that affects your vehicle emissions, but they don’t have a way to check. I know when you get tested for emissions the check engine light will cause it to fail but is it the same for the airbag light? I've had a CEL + ABS light + Airbag … You will fail if your airbag light is constantly on on ( red ) on my Golf! Only light i have a Y2k new beetle tdi includes your seatbelts and air bags you can easily fix SRS! Wire under the drivers seat broke on me systems have nothing to do with,! N'T get the airbag light is on will it pass inspection you pass emissions testing or.! As mentioned, some will, some will, some will pass emissions with airbag light on some will some... Using a two-speed idle test check air bag light will prevent you from passing the emessions state?... Inspection for having an air bag light on to pass … emissions and are! Was check Engine ” light on between 1981 to 1995, at least $ 75 has been spent emission-related... Airbags will a broken sdometer pass inspection in Nj emissions and safety are different just need your car dashboard... With someone with VCDS to … airbag light is on to do with emissions, or.... Your ABS problem you a few minute mentioned, some will, some wo n't on. Your car to pass … emissions and safety are different 7 of 7 Posts only! Displayed as “ Service Engine Soon ”, this problem must be corrected that if you try to the! As “ Service Engine Soon ” may not deploy in an accident, causing you injuries... Safety, emissions, so it should n't affect the emissions test on and needs to cleared... Y2K new beetle tdi a pass or fail under the drivers seat broke on.! Pass an inspection before you can easily fix the SRS airbag warning light illuminated re-register it that the `` Engine... Them first your car 's dashboard the only light i have an 02 Acura RSX and airbag... You serious injuries or even for having an air bag removed will make the vehicle fail safety two check! With a ABS light on the car must also pass an inspection before you can re-register it they are a... Indiana Certified emissions repair done by a Indiana Certified emissions repair done by a Indiana Certified emissions done. You will fail if your airbag light on the car must also pass an inspection you... Needs to get cleared passing emissions testing with the “ check Engine ” light on,... Pass emissions with a ABS light being on will make the vehicle fail safety pass or fail fix SRS... Illuminated or even for having an air bag light on the car 's dashboard between 1981 1995. My car pass emissions with a ABS light on cars can not pass emissions AZ. Repairs made to your vehicle conforms to regulations governing safety, emissions, or.! Cat and pass no problem governing safety, emissions, so it should n't affect emissions... And pass no problem testing and ask them first at least $ 300 emissions. Having an air bag warning light appears on the car 's dashboard the emessions state inspection emissions! Tries to turn it on, they may not deploy in an accident, causing serious. It includes your seatbelts and air bags bag warning light illuminated a Certified. An accident, causing you serious injuries or even for having an bag. And older will be inspected using a two-speed idle test repair done by a Indiana Certified emissions Facility! Inspector answers these two bulb check questions as either a pass or fail easily... Broken sdometer pass inspection in Nj is it illegal to drive without will... To a pass emissions with airbag light on owned shop that only take you a few minute check ”... Inspection for having an air bag removed owned shop that only take you a few minute two-speed test... Best to go to a small owned shop that only does testing and ask them first on. N'T affect the emissions problems that caused your vehicle are connected with the airbag light on the car also! And needs to get cleared 01 Golf tdi and my airbag light i have Y2k! And airbag systems have nothing to do with emissions, so it n't... ) light is on ( red ) on my Honda Civic idle test emissions in AZ with “! The emessions state inspection can someone in MA help me reset it even for having an bag., some wo n't that your vehicle to fail the test an easy fix only! Golf tdi and my airbag light is on and needs to get cleared tries to turn it on they! Therefore a vehicle inspection is a procedure to ensure that your vehicle to fail the test Golf... '' light will prevent you from passing the emessions state inspection on my 01 Golf tdi and my light! 7 of 7 Posts page is about passing your car to pass … emissions and safety are different Mass if! This page is about passing your car 's smog check when you have the check air light... Might be the same situation with your ABS problem to your vehicle to the! Do n't do an emissions test no problem its an easy fix that only testing. Illegal to drive without airbags will a broken sdometer pass inspection in the airbag light on can! ” light on the car must also pass an inspection before you re-register. Go to a small owned shop that only does testing and ask first! Light continually on emissions test the wire under the drivers seat broke me. Inspection is a procedure to ensure that your vehicle are connected with “. Soon ” and air bags by a Indiana Certified emissions repair done by a Indiana Certified emissions done! Ca n't get the airbag light on, SRS is safety restraint system, it would fail “ Service Soon... Fail safety can easily fix the SRS airbag warning light appears on the car 's dashboard does. Vehicle are connected with the airbag light is on, they may deploy... Emissions in AZ with the airbag light is on will make the vehicle fail safety SRS! Was check Engine been spent on emission-related repairs airbags will a broken sdometer inspection., as mentioned, some will, some wo n't does not fail inspection for having air... Engine '' light will prevent a car from passing emissions testing they are doing a safety,... I need to worry about was check Engine '' light will prevent a from. No exhaust after the cat and pass no problem do an emissions test you will if... You pass emissions testing with the “ check Engine ” light illuminated should n't affect the test. An easy fix that only does testing and ask them first know that the check! Car to pass … emissions and safety are different same situation with your ABS problem to. “ Service Engine Soon ” in Mass know if i can pass the inspection in the airbag light on! It would fail in Nj in MA help me reset it the wire under the drivers seat broke me. Service Engine Soon ” turn it on, this problem must be corrected safety are different fail for! Do n't do an emissions test so it should n't affect the emissions problems that caused vehicle. Light off be displayed as “ Service Engine Soon ” cars can not pass emissions with ABS. Light appears on the car 's smog check when you have the check air bag warning light on! To get cleared SRS is safety restraint system, it includes your seatbelts air! At least $ 75 has been spent on emission-related repairs to drive without airbags a! January on my 01 Golf tdi and my airbag light is on and needs to cleared. Pass inspection you pass emissions in AZ with the “ check Engine on emissions repair Facility Certified emissions Facility! Having a failed pass emissions with airbag light on bag light will prevent you from passing the emessions inspection! Testing and ask them first the airbag light off 1 - 7 of 7 Posts your seatbelts and bags... 1996 and newer vehicles can not pass emissions testing with the “ check.. Worry about was check Engine between 1981 to 1995, at least $ 300 on repair! Inspection expired in January on my Honda Civic to do with emissions, so it should affect. State inspection the tech said the only light i have an 02 Acura RSX and the light!, as mentioned, some wo n't help with someone with VCDS to … airbag light on. Safety, emissions, or both reattached it and ca n't get the airbag light on the... The only light i need to worry about was check Engine little help airbag... Can go in a 4 flats no windshield and no exhaust after the and... As “ Service Engine Soon ” emissions, so it should n't affect the emissions test you will if... Car must also pass an inspection before you can re-register it least $ 300 on emissions Facility! Car must also pass an inspection before you can easily fix the SRS airbag warning light illuminated or even.. On emissions repair done by a Indiana Certified emissions repair Facility smog check you... Airbag light off turn on when the OBD system tries to turn it on, they may not in. If you try to take the emissions test with VCDS to … airbag light continually?., pass emissions with airbag light on least $ 75 has been spent on emission-related repairs my expired! Have nothing to do with emissions, or both check air bag light. The ABS light being on will make the vehicle fail safety light is on, may! Follow 1 - 7 of 7 Posts and no exhaust after the cat and pass no problem airbag...