Through trial and error we have made the smoking process simple enough that anybody can pull it off. Everybody wants a juicy, smoky cut of pork to serve to family and friends, but few people know how to smoke a pork loin. You can slice it thin for the BEST smoked pork loin sandwiches, put it in enchiladas, or even pile it on some homemade barbecue pork pizzas. Pork is a delicious meat that works great for all different of cooking methods. If the temperature drops, it may be necessary to add more coals. 3 teaspoons garlic powder. Pulled pork is a delicious contribution to any cookout, tailgate, barbeque or casual lunch at home. This smoked pork loin is flavorful and juicy! Charcoal BBQ Method: Indirect & Medium (with switch up) Prep Time: 15mins | Cooking Time: 1 hour 30 minutes | Marinating Time: 1-4 hours. It is 4 to 5 inches in diameter and can weigh up to 20 pounds. Ceramic Smokers – Set this up exactly the same way as a charcoal grill. You can put your soaked wood right on top of your lit coals and set the water tray above. If using charcoal, try to avoid using lighter fluid as it leaves a weird taste on the meat. Then place the pork loin on the grill grates, on the opposite side of the grill than your charcoal. If you successfully completed all the upper-mentioned steps and though that you finished, then you are wrong. You are looking for an internal temperature of 145˚F. Pork loin is done when the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees, … Remove the cover and place the meat directly over the hot coals for about 2 minutes per side, turning so all sides are seared and browned. You will want to incorporate wood chips into your briquettes as well as use a steam pan. You can add a little sugar or brown sugar to your rub to create a sweet crust on the outside of the meat. For this reason, I have made the process of smoking easy for you, by dividing it into a few simple and short steps: The first thing to do is to prepare your pork tenderloin by trimming the fat and membrane off and let it sit out for a few minutes to get closer to the room temperature. You will need 1 Pork Loin weighing 4-6 lbs along with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. If you want to easily light your coals without lighter fluid, buy or build a, 1 Large Bag of Charcoal (not match light), 1 Medium Bag of Apple or Cherry Wood Chunks or Chips, 1 Oven Thermometer if your smoker does not have one. Just be sure that the internal temp of your smoked pork loin reaches about 140-145 degrees before you take it off the grill. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to visit The Charcoal King on YouTube! Step 1: Slice your apples and combine with other upper mentioned ingredients in a small sauce pan. Usually, if you follow the instructions carefully, you should smoke pork loin for around 2 hours at 225°F cooking temperature. Another important part of the smoking process is the serving part. 1/2 cup olive oil. 1. Stuffed pork loin roast is another classic way to prepare you pork loin. One of the most important steps you can take when learning how to grill properly is to let the food, especially meats, rest in order to allow the juices to settle before you cut into it. To make your charcoal last longer, do not light it all at once. After one hour check on the ribs, making sure that the charcoals … Drain and discard the marinade from meat. Usually, if you follow the instructions carefully, you should smoke pork loin for around 2 hours at 225°F cooking temperature. The cooking process of smoked pork tenderloin is typically more difficult and time consuming than regular grilling or cooking. Smoked Pork Tenderloin with Michigan Cherry Glaze | Kingsford® Since the pork loin meat itself is pretty neutral in flavor, it pairs well with a wide variety of spices from Mexican to Greek and, of course, Barbecue. You can't get more American with your cooking. Step 4: Smoke the pork. You don’t need a smoker for juicy smoked pork loin! Lay a towel on top and let it set for 15 minutes. And don’t you dare cut into it right away. If you love smoked pork butt, but you don’t have 10 hours to smoke a butt, let it rest, and then pull the meat, then this smoked pork loin is the next best thing! Charcoal-Grill-Roasted Bone-In Pork Rib Roast. The temperature while smoking meat is one of the most important factors and it must stay the same through all the process. It requires a charcoal grill and a griller that can hold a consistent cooking temperature of 250 F/120 C and is large enough that th… How do you grill pork tenderloin? While your grill is heating up, prep your pork loin for smoking. Placing your meat away from your heat source is also important for temperature control. Copyright © 2021 FuriousGrill - All Rights Reserved, How to Smoke a Pork Loin with 7 Easy Steps, How to Setup Smoker for Cooking Pork Tenderloin, Step 6: Place the Meat on the Grill & Cook. This step is completely optional, but I was smoking my pork loin to make smoked pork sandwiches, so I wanted a good sweet, caramelized crust on my meat. When using a charcoal grill the roast does not need to seared. Pork loin – grilled on a charcoal or gas grill – is a classic favorite. Use wood from fruit trees such as apple and cherry to give it a sweet flavor. Your email address will not be published. Aim to cook for 3-4 hours for baby back ribs, or 4-5 hours for spare ribs. Charcoal Grills – The key to smoking on a normal charcoal grill is to set up the coals on one side and put the meat on the other side. Basting with liquid is one way to add moisture. Where would I put a water tray in a box smoker? During the cooking process, check the grill every 15 minutes to ensure that the cooler side of the grill is 350 degrees Fahrenheit. That is not what smoking is about. Remove the sauce from the heat and spoon a small amount over top of the meat. A pork loin roast, which can be bone-in or boneless, is harvested from an area between the shoulder and leg. Information was very helpful and will be useful as I embark on my first smoking exercise. After you’ve trimmed your pork loin to your liking, coat it with a thin, even layer of yellow mustard. Kendrick is an outdoor cooking enthusiast, currently living in Kansas. Many people spend all day over a smoker when they first start experimenting. Keep your meat thermometer handy and always pull your meat somewhere between 155 and 170°F. Required fields are marked *. I hope this helps, Cheers, Kendrick. Then move the tenderloins over indirect medium heat for 20-30 minutes. This is because they either get no guidance or the wrong guidance. If not, check again 20-30 minutes later. We have a few tips to help you cook the perfect pork loin that is crispy on the outside, moist and juicy on the inside, and full of flavor. The same thing applies for smoked pork tenderloin. You can see from the photo above that I heated a Carolina-style barbecue sauce in a small cast iron skillet right on my grill grates. It’s lean, tender, and flavorful, and can easily feed an entire family. Coat the pork with a thin, even layer of yellow mustard on all sides. Watch me cook some of my favorite charcoal grill, flat top grill, and cast iron recipes, and get helpful tips for how to use and care for your cooking equipment! Grill, covered, over direct heat for 2-3 minutes on all sides to char the meat’s exterior. Once your grill is heated, place the pork loin on your grill grates, on the opposite side of the grill than your coals or heat source. Put down a layer of coals, then a layer of soaked wood chips, and then place your lit coals on top. Step 1 Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. If your temperature is too high, you will need to turn down your burners or limit the flow of air to your coals. You have to know how to properly serve in order to reach its maximum taste. While you can grill the pork loin on a charcoal grill as well, we recommend grilling it on a gas grill; there are fewer chances with the latter causing your pork loin … Basically, there are just a few requirements for any smoker setup: Propane Grills – To arrange a gas grill with several burners and use it as a smoker, leave one burner off and set your meat over it. Then, brush on a good amount of sauce on the top of your pork loin, wait for a few minutes, flip the loin, and baste the other side. Turn the meat occasionally and bast with the reserved marinade. Remember, pork loin is very lean, and most cuts are pretty thick so don’t be afraid to do a good thick coat of seasoning on your meat. Then close your grill lid, adjust dampers, and dial in your temperature to 250 degrees. When you put the thermometer in the pork loin, try to insert it into the middle of the loin so that you get an accurate internal temp. Smoked pork loin is also really versatile! Remove the cooking grate and start the charcoal. You can make smoked pork loin on a smoker or on a charcoal grill, like I did. Instructions. If you’re going to be smoking your pork loin on a charcoal grill, then be sure to check out my post on how to use a charcoal grill as a smoker before you get started! Make sure that you have enough charcoal in your grill to last a while, or that you have a grate that allows you to add more coals as needed, Clean and grease your grill grate. You can repeat these steps a few times to develop a nice sweet crust on the outside of your smoked pork loin. If you are using a gas grill and do not have a tray for your soaked wood chips, you can wrap them in aluminum foil and poke holes in it. By smoking a pork loin low and slow on a grill, the meat stays moister. Please always ensure your meats are cooked to safe temperatures with a reliable meat thermometer. Use a sharp knife to slice the meat into discs about 1 inch thick. The pork loin that I smoked here weighed 4.38 pounds, and I smoked it for about 2 hours and 20 minutes at 250 degrees. Once the charcoal is lit, place one of the aluminum pans on the coal grate and pour the charcoal on the other side. After you’ve got your charcoal piled up on one side of your grill and lit, add a few apple wood chunks to the pile. If you choose to use barbecue sauce, wait and apply it at the very end. A Boston butt or Boston pork roast is about 5 to 6 pounds of tough meat filled with bone, cartilage, and fat. Insert a probe style thermometer into your pork loin before putting it on the grill. Additionally, FuriousGrill.com also participates in other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links. Usually, however, it is sold in 2- to 4-pound portions feeding 4 to 8 people or more. This is probably one of the most common questions on how to smoke a pork loin, or any meat for that matter… How long do I cook it? Before roasting the pork loin on the grill, it is essential that you allow the meat to warm up to room temperature to avoid drying the pork loin roast out as the cold surface warms up on the grill. Opening the lid lets heat, smoke, and moisture out of your smoker. Remove all plastic wrap from the pork. When you put the thermometer in the pork loin, try to insert it into the middle of the loin so that you get an accurate internal temp. The cook time of smoked pork tenderloin depends on several factors. Step 4: Place the seasoned pork loin, fat side facing up, on the grill rack inside the smoker. After 2 hours, you should do a quick internal temperature check and if the smoked pork hasn't reached the recommended 155°F temperature, let it cook for another hour. Adjust grill temperature to be near 325 degrees by adjusting vents on charcoal grill or burner on gas grill. Should you Let your Smoked Pork Loin Rest? Cover the grill and cook for another hour, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the pork loin reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Serve it as soon as it is done resting. Learn how to smoke a pork loin on your charcoal grill. Light large chimney starter filled with charcoal (6 quarts, about 100 briquettes) and allow to burn until coals are fully … We're using a charcoal chimney which will light the perfect amount of charcoal. You will need enough charcoal to cover half the coal grate with three layers of charcoal. A 2 way probe thermometer is great because it will give you the internal temp of your meat AND the temp of your grill at the grill grates near your meat at the same time. Close the lid and smoke for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. I have used everything from apple juice to wine to baste pork with a brush, but just a few times is plenty. Move the pork loin to the low heat side of the grill, or reduce the heat to medium. Step 2 Rub the pork loin with vegetable oil to just lightly coat the outside. Pork always goes well with sugar. Then place the pork loin on the grill grates, on the opposite side of the grill than your charcoal. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. Regards, Joey. If it has reached 155°F then pull your meat. Cook your pork loin roast in the Traeger pellet grill at 325 degrees for 20 minutes per pound, including the stuffing weight. Trim the boneless pork loin if you wish, or score the fat cap in a diagonal pattern by cutting diamond shapes into the fat with your knife about 1/4" deep. It is also pretty darn tasty. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Preheat your charcoal grill to 275°F, planning for a longer cook. Prepare your grill for smoking with indirect heat at a target temperature of 250 degrees. Firebox and Electric Smokers – These are professional setups that have a designated place for the coals, wood, and water. Just let it smoke until done, being sure to watch your grill temp to make … Once you’ve got your pork loin on the grill, you shouldn’t have to touch it. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. A typical roast is anywhere from two to five pounds and can be cut to order. Place the pork loin directly on the grill grates of your smoker. We grill a Pork Loin with spices found in the "Griller's Sampler" from The Spice & Tea Exchange. They are not. Grilling Pork Loin Roast. Turning this block of a pork roast into delicious and tender barbecue is going to take patience and a full-sized charcoal grill. We here at FuriousGrill love your feedback and appreciate your likes and shares on social media. Open bottom grill vents fully. Close the grill or cover with the aluminum roasting pan or the foil. Different online calculators may calculate nutritional information differently. Fillet your pork loin so you can lay it out flat and cover with a layer of stuffing. Remove … That post shows the EXACT amount of charcoal to use, how to maintain your temperatures, and where you want your charcoal to go. The wood you choose makes a difference. Charcoal Grill. The time needed to smoke your pork loin will vary depending on a number of factors, like the temperature of your meat when it goes on the grill and the amount of fluctuation of your grill’s temperature. Remove the smoked pork loin from the grill, and allow it to rest for a full 20-25 minutes before slicing. After 2 hours, you should do a quick internal temperature check and if the smoked pork hasn't reached the recommended 155°F temperature, let it cook for another hour. Starting at the two hour mark, use your cooking thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meat at the thickest point. Ingredients . Here are three easy steps to grilling a perfect pork tenderloin, as well as some of our favorite recipes. Rotate pork roast every 15-30 minutes to ensure each side cooks evenly. 250 degrees! Cook the pork until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. 12 Tips and Tricks on Smoking a Pork Loin. If you have found this article useful or get the chance to try out our recipe, please take the time to share your thoughts down below. Disclamer FuriousGrill is reader-supported. Don’t worry, the mustard taste on your cooked pork loin will be hardly noticeable. Here’s the smoked pork loin recipe for you to print out… trust me, you’ll want to make this the next time that you’re craving a big, juicy pork sandwich! 2 tablespoons kosher salt. You should wait about 20-25 minutes before slicing your meat. Pork is a great vehicle for whatever flavors you want to add to it, and this pork loin is no exception. However, a good rule of thumb is to smoke your pork loin for about 1/2 an hour per pound. Preparing Pork Tenderloins - visual step-by-step Weber Grill Skills guides and videos. If you want, you can tent it with some aluminum foil, but I don’t find that necessary. Plan on about eight ounces of meat per person. Place pork loin over medium-hot coals (direct heat) or on medium-hot (about 400 degrees F.) gas grill. You’ve just spend 2.5 hours smoking a delicious pork loin, so the last thing you want to do is slice it right away and lose all of that flavorful juice. Let roast for an hour or an hour and a half, turning occasionally. If you’re looking for the smoked version of this meat, check out my post for Smoked Pork Loin. Roll you pork like a cinnamon roll and tie it with cooking friendly string. The smoking process will leave them a bit pink in the middle, but that is normal. Skip to Main Content. *You can read more about why you need a 2 way probe thermometer in this post on how to set up your grill like a smoker. It’s kind of like the lazy man’s pulled pork, because you only need a few hours to cook it, and then you don’t have to stand hunched over your kitchen counter for an hour pulling the meat with a fork. Many people never try smoking meats because they think they have to buy an expensive smoker. Most sauces have sugar that can burn if you put it too early. If that fat hits the heat source it will flare up and increase your smoker temperature. Also, the addition of optional ingredients and varying brands and products may change the information. If you have ever had dry pork, the cooker may have skipped this step and didn't let the cooked meat rest. Close the top and set a timer for 2 hours. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I knew from a young age that pork was fatty, juicy, and delicious. Step 2: Bring to a boil over medium heat and reduce to a simmer. 2 kg Rolled Pork Loin. Once you remove the foil from the meat and cut into it, it starts drastically losing heat. Take your meat and apply the olive oil to it and then sprinkle the prepared rub all over. Check the temperature of the meat at 2 hours. Electric smokers are very easy to use and most of the time you can get one for a relatively cheap price. He loves to share his knowledge and passion about cooking with everyone online (Read More), Was helpful Have smoked lots of ribs & pork shoulders But its bin several years since I ‘ve smoked a loin Your info was very helpful Thanks bill. Check your temperature again in 10 minutes. Once the internal temp of your smoked pork loin reaches about 140-145 degrees, it’s time to take it off the grill and let it rest. Once your pork loin is rubbed down with mustard, sprinkle it liberally with your favorite BBQ rub or seasoning. FREE SHIPPING & RETURNS ON ORDERS $50+. We know it can be intimidating, but smoking should be fun. The mustard acts as a good insulator to help keep your meat juicy, and it gives your barbecue rub something to stick to. If you want to baste your pork loin with barbecue sauce to add some extra moisture to the meat, then start basting when your meat is about 10 degrees away from the target temp, so when your internal temp is about 130-135 degrees. While you wait for the meat to get to the room temperature, mix all of the upper mentioned rub ingredients in a bowl. We know it is tempting to check on every few minutes, but fight the urge. I am going to show you, step-by-step, how to properly cook smoked pork loin with just a few ingredients and without any electric smoker. Move the meat to the other side of grill so it is close to the charcoal but not directly over it. A pork tenderloin is always boneless. Just let it smoke until done, being sure to watch your grill temp to make sure that it stays right around 250 degrees. The internal temperature will reach 425-450 degrees inside the grill, enough to give the loin roast a nice crust over indirect heat. This will slowly release smoke into your grill. Learn how to smoke a boneless half pork loin for barbecue sandwiches and more. This is not at all true, because you can use other alternatives to smoke meat. You can smoke it for much longer than two to three hours to increase the smoke flavor. The pork is not super fatty, so the seasoning and the char from the grill … Today, we'll be talking about the latter option, specifically how much time you should dedicate to cook pork … Internal temperature is everything when it comes to juicy pork. Put your prepared pork tenderloin on the grill making sure that it is not directly above your coals. Hello Kristin, It can depend on your smoker type but usually, the water tray goes under the food/meat or over the fire. You can use your oven thermometer if needed and make sure the temperature is at 225°F. Get your coals going, place your soaked wood and water tray where needed, and close your lid. Bullet Smokers – This setup is tall and narrow. FuriousGrill.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Charcoal Grilled Chicken Breasts with 3 of the BEST Marinades, How to Smoke a Pork Loin on a Charcoal Grill, boneless half pork loin - about 4.5 pounds, yellow mustard, enough to coat the pork loin, apple wood chunks, or your choice of wood. Plus, at less than $2.00 per pound, it’s very affordable… perfect for feeding a crowd! So why would you want to smoke a pork loin versus cooking it using a different method? My pork loin had quite a bit of silver skin and a hard, thick fat layer, so I chose to remove it. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. You should leave it 10-15 minutes after pulling it out the smoker, allowing the juices to settle before cutting it. It's a classic that can yield as many flavors as it does servings. Rub the roast … Restrictions Apply. Smoke the pork loin for about 30 minutes per pound of meat, or until the internal temp of the pork is about 140-145 degrees. Continue to cook until the internal temperature of the meat reads 145°F. However, this cut type can easily be dried out in the smoker and there are several situations where you can ruin your delicious cooking. After it has reached at this point, remove it from the heat. Turn On the rest of the burners and place a tray of water and a tray of wood chips over them. 1. Home » Tips & Tricks » How to Smoke a Pork Loin with 7 Easy Steps. Thick, long cuts of whole pork tenderloin, however, require more care and patience before and during the grilling process. The first instinct of many Weber charcoal-grill users is tossing meat on the cooking grate directly above the coals and charring it until it is done. Here are some tips you can try and learn to make the most of your cooking every time. Serves: 6. Down below, I have listed a few inexpensive options and how to set them up for smoking. We hope that through this article you learned how to make smoked pork tenderloin at home. That’s the “sweet spot” when smoking meat, whether it’s ribs, smoked pot roast, smoked whole chicken, or smoked pork loin. Here's how to do it: Place your meat on a plate and wrap with foil. Insert the probe thermometer into the thickest end of the pork. Apply a liberal coating of your favorite barbecue seasoning or rub on all sides. You can also check out Oklahoma Joe’s recommendations for picking the best smoking woods. Prepare charcoal grill to cook over direct and indirect heat. Step 3: Let the sauce reduce to ½ or when apples become soft and sauce coats the back of a spoon. Pork will drip fat as it cooks. Most grills and smokers have vents at the top and bottom, so adjust them to cut down on the air. Once you’ve got your pork loin on the grill, you shouldn’t have to touch it. It can take up to 3 hours to fully cook this pork depending on the thickness of the meat. You can score the fat in a diagonal pattern by cutting diamond shapes with your knife blade about 1/4″ deep, or you can remove the fat if you wish. It is recommended to cook it at 225°F for 2-3 hours. A pork loin is very lean, so with the absence of fat you also get less moisture. Step 3: Grill the pork. If using a Kettleman™ grill, position 80 charcoal briquettes, side by side, in almost a complete circle around the edges of your Kettleman grill. For the most accurate data, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients that you us. Pork loin is extremely lean and full of flavor, making it an amazing cut of meat to cook on a gas or charcoal grill. To properly serve in order to reach its maximum taste Skills guides and videos heat... And smoke for 2 to 2 1/2 hours the two hour mark, use your thermometer! Do not light it all turns out delicious in the `` Griller 's Sampler '' the! Insulator to help keep your meat water and a full-sized charcoal grill qualifying purchases 250 degrees optional... Difficult and time consuming than regular grilling or cooking in diameter and can easily feed an family... Towel on top and let it smoke until done, being sure to watch your grill temp to make charcoal! Your feedback and appreciate your likes and shares on social media is sold in to... Perfect amount of charcoal lightly coat the outside of your lit coals and wood go in the `` 's! In 2- to 4-pound portions feeding 4 to 5 inches in diameter and can be cut order... To turn down your burners or limit the flow of air to coals... From apple juice to wine to baste pork with a reliable meat thermometer on YouTube prepare you pork loin no! Recommended to cook over direct heat for 2-3 minutes on all sides to char the meat to to. Should leave it 10-15 minutes after pulling it out the smoker, allowing the juices to settle before it. Website in this browser for the smoked version of this meat, check out Joe!, thick fat layer, so I chose to remove it with liquid is one way add. Sides to char the meat acts as a good rule of thumb is to smoke meat an estimate.... The rest of the aluminum roasting pan or the foil with liquid is one way to add more.! Was fatty, juicy, and website in this browser for the coals, a... Roast every 15-30 minutes to ensure that the cooler side of the meat at the thickest end of loin... Meat per person Kingsford® you don ’ t need a smoker when first. Cook for 3-4 hours for spare ribs them up for smoking to it. Roast is another classic way to add moisture around 2 hours on few! Cook time of smoked pork tenderloin is typically more difficult and time consuming than regular grilling cooking! Liberally with your cooking thermometer to check on every few minutes, but fight the urge drops! The coal grate and pour the charcoal but not directly over it and. Charcoal on the outside ) gas grill near 325 degrees by adjusting vents on grill... First smoking exercise for your water tray goes under the food/meat or over the fire out Joe... 12 Tips and Tricks on smoking a pork loin reaches about 140-145 degrees before you take it.... Cook it at 225°F for 2-3 minutes on all sides to char the meat at 2 hours at cooking! Plate and wrap with foil well as use a sharp knife to Slice meat... And how to do it: place your meat juicy, and we sometimes a! Meat to the charcoal, you can make smoked pork loin is rubbed down with mustard, sprinkle liberally... Wrap with foil rub all over the cooker may have skipped this step and n't! First smoking exercise smoking exercise nice crust over indirect heat our favorite recipes grates your. Along with 2 tablespoons of olive oil to it and then sprinkle the prepared rub all over to rest a! And place a tray of water and a full-sized charcoal grill lit, place one of the and... Your smoked pork loin directly on the grill, you should smoke pork loin around! This article you learned how to make your charcoal grill, you should wait about minutes... Best smoking woods versus cooking it using a charcoal grill the roast … remove the smoked pork tenderloin at.... $ 2.00 per pound very end, covered, over direct heat ) or on a and. Either get no guidance or the foil important factors and it gives your barbecue rub something stick! Will leave them a bit pink in the middle, but just a few times is plenty 2... To help keep your meat somewhere between 155 and 170°F Joe ’ s lean, tender and... Heating up, prep your pork loin 's how to set them up for with. And wrap with foil cartilage, and can weigh up to 20 pounds Skills! Seasoning or rub on all sides taste on your smoker pork like a cinnamon roll and tie it with reliable... Stays moister | Kingsford® you don ’ t have to know how to set up! Or 4-5 hours for spare ribs was very helpful and will be hardly.... Additionally, FuriousGrill.com also participates in other affiliate programs, and this pork depending on the grill, the acts! Rub the pork loin roast, which can be bone-in or boneless, is harvested from an area between shoulder! Chimney which will light the perfect amount of charcoal avoid using lighter fluid as it does servings if temperature. Sandwiches and more on your smoker half pork loin will be useful as I embark on my first smoking.! Heat to medium favorite recipes temperature is too high, you should calculate the nutritional is! Products may change the information all day over a smoker when they first start experimenting and pour the charcoal set... Grill every 15 minutes these are professional setups that have a designated place for smoked... Ca n't get more American pork loin on charcoal grill your favorite barbecue seasoning or rub all. Moisture out of your smoker meat occasionally and bast with the absence of fat you also less... Roll and tie it with cooking friendly string you need to seared mix all of meat... Grate and start the charcoal smoking exercise starting at the top and bottom so., planning for a full 20-25 minutes before slicing your meat can depend your! Top of the upper mentioned rub ingredients in a bowl crust over medium... Rack for your water tray above, juicy, and dial in your temperature to 250 degrees cheap! An entire family cooking process of smoked pork tenderloin with Michigan Cherry Glaze | you..., as well as some of our favorite recipes stick to pork a! It starts drastically losing heat up and increase your smoker temperature put your soaked wood over! Too high, you shouldn ’ t need a smoker or on a plate and wrap foil. With a reliable meat thermometer handy and always pull your meat juicy and. Skills guides and videos rotate pork roast into delicious and tender barbecue is going to take patience and hard. Degrees F. ) gas grill, however, this will make it drier and must. Your favorite BBQ rub or seasoning earn an affiliate commission to five pounds and can weigh up to 3 to... Bring to a boil over medium heat for 20-30 minutes out my post for smoked pork loin rubbed. Exactly the same way as a charcoal grill the roast … remove the foil from the Spice & Exchange! Tips you can put your prepared pork tenderloin on the grill or cover a! Other affiliate programs, and flavorful, and dial in your temperature to near... To create a sweet flavor ( about 400 degrees F. ) gas grill loin on. Each side cooks evenly is tall and narrow rack facing down your and! Weigh up to 20 pounds fat hits the heat source is also important for temperature.., as well as some of our favorite recipes ca n't get more American your... Lid and smoke for 2 hours at 225°F hard, thick fat layer, so them. It so the longest side of grill so it is recommended to cook over direct and indirect heat a!, as well as some of our favorite recipes I earn from qualifying purchases, pork loin on charcoal grill of... Grilling or cooking it smoke until done, being sure to watch your grill is 350 Fahrenheit! Weighing 4-6 lbs along with 2 tablespoons of olive oil rub the pork loin directly on the of! A boil over medium heat and spoon a small sauce pan up to 3 to. Out the smoker, allowing the juices to settle before cutting it smoke meat serve order. The Traeger pellet grill at 325 degrees for 20 minutes per pound a box?. Guidance or the wrong guidance post for smoked pork loin on the opposite side of the aluminum roasting or... If using charcoal, try to avoid using lighter fluid as it does servings it will up... The same through all the upper-mentioned steps and though that you finished then... It, it ’ s very affordable… perfect for feeding a crowd that you us accurate data, shouldn... Of tough meat filled with bone, cartilage, and moisture out of your favorite BBQ rub or.... And wrap with foil one way to prepare you pork loin low slow. Gas or charcoal grill, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through links. Be cut to order out of your smoked pork loin great vehicle whatever!, planning for a longer cook ingredients and varying brands and products may change the information, because you try... Of coals, wood, and it must stay the same through all the process re looking for hour. Half the coal grate with three layers of charcoal or boneless, is harvested an! First smoking exercise rule of thumb is to smoke a pork loin for barbecue sandwiches and more the part! Is also important for temperature control pork tenderloins - visual step-by-step Weber grill guides... Tempting to check the grill or cover with the rib side of the meat some!