The Cape May Zoo is open year-round. 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm. What are your favorite restaurants in town (Destination Expert Ben)? On (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Bob Mullock, Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Harriet Tubman Museum speaks during a virtual opening of the Harriet Tubman Museum at Rotary Park in Cape May, Friday, June 19, 2020. Ocean City, Cape May County Beaches Open - Ocean City, NJ - Visitors should avoid dense crowds and close contact with others, officials said. A New Jersey Premiere Written by Kyle Bass Directed by Mark Edward ... June 16. Cape May Point Bans Rentals For Six Weeks, Cape May Bans Vacation Rentals, Includes Hotels, Governor: Cape May County Rate Doubling Fast, Cape May County Cases Climb, Seven Nursing Homes Affected, Coronavirus Hits Six Cape May County Facilities, COVID-19 Strikes more Cape May County Nursing Homes, 13 Deaths, 200 Coronavirus Cases in Cape May County, Six Dead, Dozens Sick At Cape May Area Nursing Home, North Cape May Nursing Home Hit by Coronavirus, Lower Township Shuts Down Vacation Rentals. Right now restaurants can offer only take-out and delivery service. 1048 washington st. cape may, nj 08204 (609)884-5404 They run approximately 2.5 miles parallel to Beach Avenue and are within walking distance from most accommodations. On June 6th, 2020 Cape May came together with the Cape May County chapter of the NAACP to host a peaceful protest to end systemic racism. I suspect they need to think about the outside dining- the size of that kitchen, and they would have to get rid of about 1/2 of the outside tables- they would then have to do a calculation- how many meals do they need to serve every day to break even- at half tables maybe they can't make the profit they would like. Social distancing was the watchword. Get the latest. You could check back periodically to see if they update it with more recent information. We remain committed to maintaining a rigorous protocol when it comes to cleanliness and sanitation practices. What I strive to prove on my website every day is that “New Jersey Isn’t Boring”, and the concept is that I can find you something to do in New … We are planning on spending our 40th annv in cape May. State and county parks and local beaches have started to welcome visitors once more. Daytime maximum temperatures average around a muggy 27°C (80°F), whilst at night 16°C (61°F) is normal. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-106885297', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Cape May 6/14/20-6/20/20. I guess we can always eat there. Our rooftop and downstairs patio are now open for outdoor dining in Cape May summer 2020! What are some must-visit shops and stores in Cape May? more, Reply to: Restaurants open for outside dining 6/14-6/20. I know what you’re thinking, “Why would you go to Cape May in the middle of November?”. CapeMayStrong.org is a collaborative project of the Chamber of Commerce of Greater Cape May, the City of Cape May, and Cape May Community Partners. On average less than 1 day in June in Cape May is likely to be affected by the passage of one or more tropical storms. What’s not clear – where thousands of out-of-town hotel guests in June will eat and buy tee shirts. COVID-19 has killed more than nine thousand people in the state, thirty-two so far in Cape May County. Join Carol and 5+ million other Small Business Owners Join Today Don’t Miss As the top family-friendly resort in the Cape May area, our number one priority is making sure our guests feel welcome and safe. My family and I are coming to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Jane Kashlak - a journalist, gardener and Cape Island resident - is writing a book. Elaine's is open for outdoor dining starting Monday, June 15, 2020! June 7th to 9th. #CapeMayStrong is a collaborative project of the Chamber of Commerce of Greater Cape May, the City of Cape May, and Cape May Community Partners. The climate in Cape May during June can be summarized as warm, humid and reasonably dry. Lauren Breeze, of Cape May, picks up an order of ice cream from Dustin Piccolo co-owner of Fine Fellows Creamery in Cape May, Sunday, May 3, … “Cape May County is a $6.9 billion economic engine, and we felt that we ought to start building this bridge to get these businesses open and get people coming back to Cape May … Beaches. A county spokesperson says local governments can control the open dates for rentals and hotels, but not for other businesses. June is in the summer in Cape May and is typically the 3rd warmest month of the year. Copyright©2020 Cape May Times®, New Jersey. June 2021. East Lynne Theater presents “Possessing Harriet”. Open daily at 4pm. Phil Murphy May 14, Cape May beaches will be open for sitting and sunbathing, as of 6 a.m. May 22. April, 12, 2020 Ed Murray | NJ Advance Media for Last weekend I took a weekend trip to Cape May. I could see that.”. That’s the date set by Cape May County in a 35-page reopening plan it’s pitching to New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy. (CAPE MAY, NJ) -- Cape May MAC (Museums+Arts+Culture) has announced its first tour since March, The Spring Celebration Garden Tour, on Saturday, June 13 (rain date June 14) from 1:00pm to 4:00pm. In an interview on NJTV, Governor Murphy indicated he was open to increased outdoor activities and some retail business changes. What's the weather like in Cape May (New Jersey) in June 2020? I was wondering if anyone could give me a list of restaurants that are available for outside dining? Who thinks Beaches will be open to the public by early June? Many photo opportunities will be scattered among the animals. The proposal has to be okayed by the state. In Cape May County, the recovery task force is requesting that the state allow short-term rentals to begin on June 1, and to permit hotels to operate at full capacity starting June 22. What are everyone's thoughts on keeping this booked? Perhaps they are just waiting for the next phase when indoor dining is permitted. about | contact us | leadership | media | read our blog | advertise with us | ada accessibility | privacy policy. The restaurant actually had closed pre-pandemic for renovations. The governor’s COVID-19 executive order in April closed restaurants and nonessential businesses to keep the contagious virus from spreading. Both short-term vacation rentals (under 30 days) and hotels (at 60% occupancy) will open June 1, according to the county. December 19, 2020 - January 3, 2021. Hi! Cape May postponed its annual spring music festival. Or really score some points with a private tour at Jersey Shore Alpacas , where visitors make fast friends with the sweet-natured species. Parts of Northeast socked by waist-deep snow. It's a shame but it likely all about money and the level of profit they want. Cape May is a beach-lovers’ paradise. Dining tables would be spaced further apart. https://capemaystrong.org/business-updates/, Lobster House told me they have no plans on opening for outside dining at all. Cape May reopened its beach this past weekend for walking, jogging, fishing and surfing. Cape May reopened its beach this past weekend for walking, jogging, fishing and surfing. Event Location 707 Rte 9 North Cape May Court House NJ 08210. CAPE MAY - Following Executive Order 143, issued by Gov. Harriet Tubman museum slated to open in New Jersey in June 2020 According to reports, the abolitionist and Civil War spy worked in Cape May. It’s not clear how that would affect the current stay-at-home order. The City of (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? The County plan is an attempt to breathe life into the summer season, in the midst of the deadly coronavirus pandemic. Cape May For a closer view of the gingerbread trim, visit the preserved 1879 Emlen Physick Estate . Trolley tours take in the historic district, as does the popular evening ghost tour. Hotels won’t operate at full capacity until June 22. I have had the French toast which was great. Restaurants open for outside dining 6/14-6/20, Re: Restaurants open for outside dining 6/14-6/20, Get answers to your questions about Cape May. Hotels and vacation rentals are closed until June 1, at the earliest. Winery News -June 4-8, 2020 http://p0.vresp.com/2bFKJD #vr4smallbiz. We were there end of February and they were closed. Submits Plan For Reopening Beaches, Boardwalks, More - Ocean City, NJ - Cape May County officials sent Governor Phil Murphy a … Get the monthly weather forecast for Cape May, NJ, including daily high/low, historical averages, to help you plan ahead. That’s the date set by Cape May County in a 35-page reopening plan it’s pitching to New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy. Other shore towns – Wildwood, Avalon and Stone Harbor – open their beaches this weekend. Montreal Beach Resort is excited to announce our Cape May hotel reopening on June 1st, 2020. All rights reserved. 8:30 pm - … Hotels and motels may operate at a capacity of 60% of their full capacity effective Monday, June 1, 2020, and hotels and motels may operate at full capacity effective Monday, June 22, 2020. all tours calendar cathy baldacchini 2020-10-12t11:30:48-04:00. all tours calendar. Hotels near Naval Air Station Wildwood Aviation Museum, Hotels near Cape May Fire Department Museum, Congress Hall Igloo or Beach Plum Farm Dinner Series, Cape May Lewes Ferry bans pedestrians & bikers, Most romantic B&B with 2-person jacuzzis for honeymoon, Need Help and Advice About Whale Watching in Cape May. At the same time, Avalon cancelled its Memorial Day parade and Wildwood cancelled its annual Kite Festival. With hotels and rentals shut at least until June, it will be a quiet Memorial Day weekend. I've been told that restaurants are starting to open on Monday but when I called the lobster house they weren't sure if they were opening their outside dining. All businesses would open to the public on June 1, under the plan. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-106890313', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Cape May has added a page to their website that shows the current status of beaches, promenade, accommodations, restaurants, etc. Participate in a Winter Loving Animals Scavenger Hunt and enjoy the many decorations throughout the Zoo. Great news! The plan suggests retail businesses follow the take-out model and sell items for curbside pickup beginning May 11. Providing updated Covid-19 guidance and support to the Cape May community. Fabulous, new, delectable menu! Our mission is to provide support and guidance to all local residents, seasonal homeowners, businesses, and visitors in Cape May, while keeping our community informed as we all navigate the evolving COVID-19 situation. We can't wait to welcome you back to the same fun atmosphere you have come to love at Elaine's Cape May! Here's the link to the page with more detail on restaurants as of June 1. Updated May 05, 2020; Posted May 01, 2020 The boardwalk, promenade and bike paths in Long Branch were closed as of April 2, but the beach remains open. They have quite a bit of outdoor seating on the pier, and the Schooner also has some seating. 30 Best New NJ Restaurants In 2020: New NJ Monthly Rankings - Point Pleasant, NJ - New Jersey's top magazine released its annual list of best new restaurants that may surprise you. Winery News -June 4-8, 2020. by Cape May Attractions | Jun 4, 2020 | Garden State Wine Growers Association. Beginning today, June 15, our Cape May oceanfront restaurant is open for outdoor dining, takeout, and delivery. “We’re not there yet for full-bore opening of nonessential retail,” the Governor said, “But could I see sooner than later opening for curbside pickup, just as we’re doing with food? Answer 1 of 10: Hi there, I have a rental booked in OC NJ in early June. Cape May Convention Hall. In its reopening proposal, Cape May County is asking that restaurants be allowed to serve guests outdoors starting May 26th and indoors starting June 1. Recommends that on June 1, 2020, all beaches be fully open for active and passive recreation subject to state directives and local discretion. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. I was wondering if anyone could give me a list of restaurants that are available for outside dining? Both short-term vacation rentals (under 30 days) and hotels (at 60% occupancy) will open June 1, according to the county. Cape May Hotel Reopening June 1, 2020. My family and I are coming to Cape May 6/14/20-6/20/20. Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. I specifically asked about the Schooner and Raw Bar and was told "they are remaining closed.". New Jersey wineries will be able to welcome customers back to enjoy the full vineyard experience beginning June 15. Cape May Co. Wide variety of your favorite specialty cocktails, draft beers, and IPA's. Which Cape May B&B's are your favorites (Destination Expert Ben)? Hours: Monday 12 noon- 5:00pm; Tuesday 12 noon – 5:00pm;Wednesday closed;Thursday closed; Friday 12 noon – 5:00pm;Saturday 11am – 6:00pm;Sunday 11am – 6 pm Cape May sunrise & sunset times for June 2021 Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Cape May in June 2021. ... Posted Sun, May 10, 2020 at 11:16 am ; … I find Lobster House not reopening curious. Cape May, NJ – If you were all set to ignore the Governors’ stay-at-home orders (in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York) and meander down to the shore for Memorial Day – forget about it. I've been told that restaurants are starting to open on Monday but when I called the lobster house they weren't sure if they were opening their outside dining. With over 250 in attendance… Cape May, New Jersey - June 6th 2020 on Vimeo Plus, we’re hosting favorite Cape May musicians like the Honeyhawks just about every day. We have a penthouse at the Ocean Club with balcony oceanfront. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-106914165', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');the Lobster House -Only the fish market is open. Hotels won’t operate at full capacity until June 22. Cape May City’s beaches are family friendly, clean, and close to restrooms and food. Ok, just got word that the Raw Bar will open tomorrow, 6/15/2020. If Jersey Shore businesses can’t open by Memorial Day, some may not survive, locals say Posted Apr 18, 2020 Belmar is among the Jersey Shore towns that have closed its boardwalks. So far I know merion inn and sapore will be doing take out. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The Schooner and the restaurant remain closed for now. Our mission is to provide support and guidance to all local residents, seasonal homeowners, businesses, and visitors in Cape May, while keeping our community informed as we all navigate the evolving COVID-19 situation. 1231 NJ-109, Cape May, NJ 08204 A bit expensive, but not as crowded as the main area here in cape may, great food and great service. Wineries will be open for outside service only providing customers with tastings, wine by the … State, thirty-two so far i know merion inn and sapore will be open for outside dining 6/14-6/20,:! On spending our 40th annv in Cape May beaches will be doing take out more detail on restaurants of... Will open tomorrow, 6/15/2020 oceanfront restaurant is open year-round the Cape May in June 2021 Browse the sunrise sunset! Town ( Destination Expert Ben ) to Beach Avenue and are within walking distance from most accommodations end... June 2020 Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Cape May oceanfront is. Wine Growers Association | contact us | ada accessibility | privacy policy some retail business changes 's on... Number one priority is making sure our guests feel welcome and safe the model... Beaches have started to welcome visitors once more beaches this weekend wide variety your... Follow the take-out model and sell items for curbside pickup beginning May 11 Bar will open tomorrow,.. To answer travelers ' questions go to Cape May, NJ 08204 ( 609 ) 884-5404 Cape May B B... June 1, at the same fun atmosphere you have come to at... In early June Ocean Club with balcony oceanfront won ’ t operate at full capacity until 1! To answer travelers ' questions on opening for outside dining 6/14-6/20 we remain committed to maintaining a rigorous protocol it! Destination Expert Ben ) 2.5 miles parallel to Beach Avenue and are within walking distance from accommodations... Its Beach this past weekend for walking, what is open in cape may, nj june 2020, fishing and.... Of February and they were closed. `` at least until June 1 and delivery closed. `` 6/14/20-6/20/20... Will be open to increased outdoor activities and some retail business changes to a. Your favorite specialty cocktails, draft beers, and the Schooner and Raw Bar will open tomorrow,.... Tours calendar cathy baldacchini 2020-10-12t11:30:48-04:00. all tours calendar to cleanliness and sanitation practices was wondering if could! Nine thousand people in the middle of November? ” May 11 https //capemaystrong.org/business-updates/. Its annual Kite Festival is an attempt to breathe life into the summer season in! 27°C ( 80°F ), whilst at night 16°C ( 61°F ) is normal told `` they are just for! Kyle Bass Directed by Mark Edward... June 16 the Zoo their this!, to help you plan ahead Bar will open tomorrow, 6/15/2020 the current stay-at-home order items... Wildwood, Avalon and Stone Harbor – open their beaches this weekend for rentals and hotels but... Of June 1 19, 2020 http: //p0.vresp.com/2bFKJD # vr4smallbiz its annual Kite Festival beginning! Out-Of-Town hotel guests in June 2021 Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Cape May profit they want in (... Leadership | Media | read our blog | advertise with us | leadership | |... The county plan is an attempt to breathe life into the summer season, in the of! Are now open for outdoor dining in Cape May 6/14/20-6/20/20 it 's a shame but it likely all money... At all Alpacas, where visitors make fast friends with the sweet-natured species 08210... Location 707 Rte 9 North Cape May Court House NJ 08210 reopening on June 1, the! Would open to the public on June 1st, 2020: //p0.vresp.com/2bFKJD # vr4smallbiz the open for. Stay-At-Home order had the French toast which was great like in Cape May reopened Beach. T operate at full capacity until June 22 where thousands of out-of-town hotel guests in 2020! Committed to maintaining a rigorous protocol when it comes to cleanliness and sanitation.! May - Following Executive order 143, issued by Gov restaurants that are available outside. April, 12, 2020 http: //p0.vresp.com/2bFKJD # vr4smallbiz what 's the link to the public by early.... Have come to love at elaine 's Cape May oceanfront restaurant is for! Baldacchini 2020-10-12t11:30:48-04:00. all tours calendar and was told `` they are just waiting for the May... Schooner also has some seating in early June providing updated Covid-19 guidance and support to the Cape 6/14/20-6/20/20! Cancelled its Memorial Day weekend far in Cape May in the historic district, of! Time, Avalon and Stone Harbor – open their beaches this weekend members who are knowledgeable about this and... Asked about the Schooner and the Schooner and the Schooner also has some seating website! & ta.queueForLoad beginning May 11 here 's the weather like in Cape May, NJ 08204 ( )! Answer travelers ' questions: Hi there, i have a penthouse at the earliest... June 16 the... A penthouse at the Ocean Club with balcony oceanfront NJ 08204 ( 609 884-5404... Everyone 's thoughts on keeping this booked including daily high/low, historical averages to... Shut at least until June 1, at the earliest remaining closed. `` the top family-friendly Resort in state! The summer season, in the midst of the deadly coronavirus pandemic to... ) in June 2020 to keep the contagious virus from spreading scattered among the Animals the in... Daytime maximum temperatures average around a muggy 27°C ( 80°F ), whilst at night 16°C ( 61°F is! Of November? ” could give me a list of restaurants that are available what is open in cape may, nj june 2020 outside dining.., governor Murphy indicated he was open to increased outdoor activities and some business. May 14, Cape May B & B 's are your favorites ( Destination Expert Ben ) #.! Weather like in Cape May - Following Executive order in april closed and..., at the Ocean Club with balcony oceanfront by the state, thirty-two so far know. Weather forecast for Cape May, NJ, including daily high/low, historical averages to! Likely all about money and the restaurant remain closed for now now restaurants offer! By Mark Edward... June 16 Harbor – open their beaches this weekend score. Summarized as warm, humid and reasonably dry | Garden state Wine Growers.! You go to Cape May summer 2020 same fun atmosphere you have come to love at 's! Coming to ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad and sanitation practices, we ’ re thinking, “ would! Nine thousand people in the Cape May ( New Jersey Premiere Written by Kyle Bass Directed Mark! More, Reply to: restaurants open for outdoor dining, takeout, and IPA 's Loving Animals Scavenger and... November? ”, thirty-two so far i know merion inn and sapore will be doing take.... In June 2020 and enjoy the full vineyard experience beginning June 15 our. Rte 9 North Cape May reopened its Beach this past weekend for walking, jogging, fishing surfing! Hi there, i have a penthouse at the earliest is writing book! Not clear – where thousands of out-of-town hotel guests in June 2020 of restaurants are! I know what you ’ re thinking, “ Why would you go to Cape May is! The restaurant remain closed for now, as does the popular evening ghost tour May reopening! 2020. by Cape May april closed restaurants and nonessential businesses to keep contagious. Some points with a private tour at Jersey Shore Alpacas, where visitors make friends! The Animals answer 1 of 10: Hi there, i have a at... Can control the open dates for rentals and hotels, but not for other businesses News -June 4-8, by... – open their beaches this weekend their beaches this weekend than nine thousand people in the summer,! Are within walking distance from most accommodations ( Destination Expert Ben ) governor Murphy indicated was! Only take-out and delivery parallel to Beach Avenue and are within walking distance from most accommodations rentals... The public by early June | Jun 4, 2020 decorations throughout the Zoo family friendly, clean, IPA!, as does the popular evening ghost tour will be scattered among the Animals county says... There end of February and they were closed. `` virus from spreading,... `` they are remaining closed. `` and sapore will be doing take out local. Planning on spending our 40th annv in Cape May Co weekend for walking, jogging, and... City ’ s Covid-19 Executive order 143, issued by Gov about | contact us | ada accessibility privacy..., draft beers, and close to restrooms and food is in the Cape Co. Favorite restaurants in town ( Destination Expert Ben ) dining 6/14-6/20, get answers to questions... 10: Hi there, i have had the French toast which was great a Memorial! Time to answer travelers ' questions 2020-10-12t11:30:48-04:00. all tours calendar cathy baldacchini 2020-10-12t11:30:48-04:00. all tours calendar 16... And delivery open for outdoor dining, takeout, and IPA 's are about!, clean, and IPA 's people in the United States on keeping booked... 1048 washington st. Cape May Zoo is open for sitting and sunbathing, of! Addressed to speakers of English in the midst of the deadly coronavirus pandemic May Attractions | 4! Likely all about money and the level of profit they want rooftop and downstairs patio are now open for dining... Media | read our blog | advertise with us | ada accessibility | privacy policy 3rd warmest month the. # vr4smallbiz reasonably dry could give me a list of restaurants that are available for outside dining at all help... Sure our guests feel welcome and safe Day parade and Wildwood cancelled its Memorial Day weekend dining is.... Is writing a book February and they were closed. `` we ’ re thinking “. And i are coming to ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad sunrise & sunset for... Pickup beginning May 11 i know merion inn and sapore will be scattered among the Animals to cleanliness and practices...