Brand of the Year Awards 2020,   South Korea, Copyright © 2021 Trip.com Travel Singapore Pte. Alberto Kalach, the prominent Mexican architect whose firm designed the library, saw the project as one that might transform a less-than-idyllic corner (metro station, power plant, busy street) of this magical city and serve as a major repository of knowledge. La Vasconcelos a tus oídos; Conferencias. It looks very artistic. The opening hours of the library are from 6 in the morning to 11 in the evening. With this rule, I feel like I am the brightest boy in the library, hahahao>_. Even Kalach wasn’t free from controversy. Moreover, the library’s antique architecture makes people feel that it has a book fragrance, the most important thing is that it also has a strong ins style! Despite its failures that critics proved prescient about (it houses less than half of the books it intended to, is not seen as a literary nexus for the city, and has nowhere near the visitor numbers predicted) and ones that have many mistresses (while providing a nice green backdrop from inside the library, the gardens around the library have not been sustained in a way that immerses it in nature), the library is a resounding success in other ways. Reading here is really a different kind of enjoyment. Trip.com is part of Trip.com Group Limited, one of the world's leading providers of travel services. La Biblioteca Vasconcelos está ubicada en la zona norte de la Ciudad de México, a un costado de la antigua estación de ferrocarriles en Buenavista, y es una admirable muestra de la arquitectura contemporánea; construida en acero, concreto, mármol, granito, madera y vidrio. When it was first proposed nearly two decades ago, it was not intended to become the most popular contemporary architecture attraction in one of the world’s largest cities. La biblioteca virtual más grande del mundo. [3] Serviços de Biblioteca e Documentação da FLUC Este site utiliza cookies para lhe proporcionar uma melhor experiência de utilização. 160 likes. Biblioteca Nacional retoma atención presencial de público con horario reducido e inscripción previa. Ao navegar aceita a política de cookies . And while it may not be as high-brow a result as some architects might want, the fact that the library has become so iconic to millions of tourists should be a point of national pride. There are 7 levels full of books. Or a prison fortress. One of the major criticisms of the project (which would cost nearly $100 million to build) accused Fox of seeing the construction of Latin America’s largest library not as a tool in the battle to alleviate Mexico’s poverty, but as a jewel in his presidency to take Mexico into a new era. The library looks very large, and it is very wide with several floors. Portugal registra mais 58 mortes e 2.093 casos de Covid-19 nas últimas 24 horas. It was built from the inside out, in two halves, north to south and south to north, by 24 construction companies and crashing into a whole down the middle.”. The project was approved in 2002 by then-President Vicente Fox. ! Any space that provides an oasis in a megacity like Vasconcelos does is precious. The library look as amazing in person as they do online  — and you're actually standing on them! La # Exposición “Manga y Monos: diálogo de culturas”, muestra un recorrido histórico, a través de 140 elementos (libros y revistas, principalmente), de la historieta en México y el manga japonés a partir de 1910. I even found the Chinese and Mexican editions of the four famous Chinese books in the library. Place is currently closed until further notice due to COVID containment measurements. Then follow me to see what highlights the library has. From the outside, one of the 21st century’s critically acclaimed buildings looks like a prison. La Biblioteca de México sede Buenavista de la Secretaría de Cultura, impulsa el desarrollo cultural del país, por medio de los esfuerzos federales, estatales, municipales. Sie befindet sich parallel zum Bahnhof Buenavista an der Straßenecke Calle Mosqueta / Calle Saturno. Painted a military green, they are accented by green-ish smoked glass floors. Durante los días 28, 29 y 30 de diciembre de 2020, "la biblioteca se co Get this from a library! There are thousands of books here, which is simply a treasure trove of scholars' knowledge. Painted in an array of colors, carved with elaborate textures and patterns, and capped by an intricate glass dome, the Kiosco Morisco was built for the 1884 World’s Fair. It was an accident. It may be that the position of the shelves gives me a visual illusion! 996K likes. bibliotica vasconcelos, mexico city Right next to the Buenavista metro/subway stations, making it easily accessible , its a jaw dropping structure of around 38000 sq.mtrs with a central aisle and racks and racks of books on either side arranged in many levels accessed by stairs. Ltd. All rights reserved, Buenavista Eje 1 Norte | Buenavista, Metro Cuauhtémoc, Mexico City, Mexico, More attractions near Biblioteca Vasconcelos, More restaurants near Biblioteca Vasconcelos, Iglesia de San Cosme and San Damian Attractions, Museo Universitario del Chopo Attractions, Museo Nacional de la Revolucion Attractions, Monumento and Museo of the Revolucion Attractions, Biblioteca Miguel Lerdo de Tejada Attractions, Franz Mayer Museum (Museo Franz Mayer) Attractions, Museo Nacional de Arquitectura Attractions. Of course, I am very interested in visiting this place. In the middle of a park in a neighborhood that (while historic) most tourists to Mexico City would not explore one can find a phantasmagoric gazebo. By Clicking "Subscribe" you agree to have read the, one of the 21st century’s critically acclaimed buildings. And yet, inside, is undoubtedly one of the most stunning buildings in the world, and the latest selection for our monthly series—the World’s Most Beautiful Libraries. I heard about this huge library in Mexico. The Basconcelos Library is relatively well-known in Mexico, and the locals know it. 2. The sea of learning is endless, wherever you go, you can learn! The little surprise in it, and the way to take the book is also very cool, it is "fly" to take it, especially recommend this library, even if you are not reading books, I also recommend this library management to take a look, this involves The idea is really unique. 1M likes. Die Biblioteca Vasconcelos ist eine Bibliothek in der Delegación Cuauhtémoc der mexikanischen Hauptstadt Mexiko-Stadt. La Biblioteca Rafael Azcona ofrece estas navidades un atractivo programa de actividades. Check out updated best hotels & restaurants near Biblioteca Vasconcelos. La ministra de las Culturas, Consuelo Valdés, junto al director del recinto, Pedro Pablo Zegers, anunciaron hoy que la ciudadanía podrá asistir los martes y jueves, de 10.00 a 14.00 horas, y solo una vez que hayan recibido el correo de confirmación. In fact, his losing bid—to Foster + Partners—for the new Mexico City airport would have had it floating on a lake. Book your tickets online for Biblioteca Vasconcelos, Mexico City: See 255 reviews, articles, and 195 photos of Biblioteca Vasconcelos, ranked No.21 on Tripadvisor among 609 attractions in Mexico City. [Miquel Adrià; Isabel Garcés; Tomás Casademunt; Luis Gordoa; Consejo Nacional para la Cultura y las Artes (Mexico); et al] -- La presente edición gráficamente documenta el diseño, construcción e instalación de la biblioteca pública principal Biblioteca de México "José Vasconcelos" ubicada en la ciudad de Mexico. Indeed, it was designed to hold two million books. There are so many types of books in the library. As long as I can think of it, there will be all of them. Kalach, 60, often triggers a love-him-or-hate him reaction when you mention him to Mexicans. 27/10/2020. La pandemia por covid-19, como a millones, ... La Biblioteca José Vasconcelos y espacios independientes. The president declared it needed to be opened by the end of his term, and so while Kalach and his team won the bid in 2004 and oversaw the design, construction was a disaster. See more ideas about josé vasconcelos library, architecture, library. La Biblioteca Vasconcelos de Ciudad de México es un recinto bibliográfico ubicado en el centro de la capital mexicana, contigua a la antigua estación de trenes de Buenavista y al Tianguis Cultural del Chopo.Se encuentra en el centro de Ciudad de México, fue inaugurada el 16 de mayo de 2006 y el servicio al público comenzó el 1 de junio de ese mismo año. (After multiple attempts to interview the architect, he declined to answer questions.). Desde la Ciberoteca tendrá acceso gratuito a miles de textos literarios, científicos y técnicos, y a cientos de bibliotecas virtuales disponibles en Internet. Biblioteca Vasconcelos, Buenavista, Guerrero, Mexico. Natural light filters in through the floor to ceiling glass slits. 79 empleos de: Biblioteca disponibles en Indeed.com. The place seems most appreciated for its spaces, rather than its collection. Nuestro propósito es acercar a las personas con discapacidad grabaciones de relatos literarios breves, que les permitan sobrellevar en compañía de un libro el encierro comunitario. Images by Iñigo Bujedo Aguirre. It took two years to patch up the leaks that had led to flooding. From the outside, Biblioteca Vasconcelos seems uninviting. At the center hangs a giant whale skeleton from contemporary Mexican artist Gabriel Orozco. Just appreciate the decoration inside and you can draw the bag for a long time. Library It would be named for José Vasconcelos, Mexico’s first secretary of education after the Revolution. Octubre. Completed in 2007 in Mexico. Biblioteca Vasconcelos: 2020 Top Things to Do in Mexico City. While the 125,000 square-foot library today has become a must-see for architecture enthusiasts, library fanatics, and those craving a cool Instagram post, the backstory to this gigantic building is quite a tale in itself. una búsqueda. I saw this afternoon when I came to Mexico. But wander in and you’ll surely be amazed. Just a couple blocks away from this odd bit of “you’ve-seen-it-now-what?” tourism, next to a transit station that is an even more unlikely spot for casual tourists to venture, looms the hulking concrete carapace of one of the world’s most spectacular libraries. Jan 30, 2016 - Explore Alex Allen's board "Biblioteca Vasconcelos" on Pinterest. Covid-19 atinge quase um quinto dos paulistanos adultos. Federal District, Scholar's Treasure of Knowledge As a pseudo-scholar with profound knowledge, haha, as a little girl who likes to read, came to the popular Vasconcelos Library. The library is set within a 500,000 square-foot campus, which Kalach intended to give the library the feel of an “ark, a carrier of human knowledge, immersed in a lush botanic garden.” From the side it’s a skeleton of vertical concrete slabs and glass, and from the front it’s almost like entering a modernist tomb (in fact one critic called the building a “mausoleum of knowledge.”) If the building hunkers down on the outside, inside, the space soars. While I agree with those critics, to me the Biblioteca Vasconcelos most resembles a transport ship from the low-budget seasons of The 100. Wandering its levels, you’re apt to find groups of young people hanging out, sometimes even filming each other dancing. For me, a photo madman, it is natural to take a lot of photos when I come to a place, otherwise it would be a big pity. Biblioteca Vasconcelos A detour to the centrally located yet way-off-the-tourist-track neighborhood known as Buenavista leads to one of Mexico City’s most dazzling 21st-century landmarks, the Biblioteca Vasconcelos, a gorgeous public library. “I think we didn’t win the political discourse involved.” Or, as one of the members of his team, Stanford University head librarian Michael Keller put it, “I thought that the [winning] design was incredibly prosaic. Die 2006 eröffnete Bibliothek gehört zu den größten ihrer Art in Mexiko, sie ist nach dem mexikanischen Politiker, Schriftsteller und Philosophen José Vasconcelos benannt. The Vasconcello Library, first of all, its beauty attracted me. Horario de lunes a domingo de 8:30 a 19:30 horas. ——Vasconcelos Library really likes this place, especially when those dazzling books are placed in front of my eyes, I can’t restrain my inner excitement and want to sit here well. Less than a year after opening in 2006, the library had to be closed. La Biblioteca Vasconcelos está ubicada en Eje Central 1 s/n esquina Aldama, colonia Buenavista. Coronavírus Covid-19: Atelier de Joana Vasconcelos fecha portas e entra em layoff. In the aftermath, firms that lost out criticized the process. But wander in and you’ll surely be amazed. todos los empleos. Very cool working library, filled with plenty of CDMXers trying to get work done, and a couple tourists... Biblioteca is worth a visit, even though it is a bit away from downtown, especially if you like taking photographs. I thought that the Basconcello Library did not allow taking pictures, but the staff told me that as long as I temporarily pressed down my passport and issued me a visitor card, I could take pictures unscrupulously. Travel Editor In the middle of a park in … This is worth a sight seeing stop just to admire the scale and interior design of the library. And to my great surprise, it seems that the books on the shelves seem to be placed in the air. Biblioteca Pública José Vasconcelos, Villa De Tamazulapan, Oaxaca, Mexico. It has been made iconic by one simple choice—the library’s bookshelves are cantilevered out from the sides, giving them the appearance of floating from the ceiling. Right next to the Buenavista metro/subway stations, making it easily accessible , its a jaw dropping structure of around 38000 sq.mtrs with a central aisle and racks and racks of books on either side ... Click here for more recommended attractions…. Biblioteca Vasconcelos = Vasconcelos Library. According to Architectural Review, “Given the pressure of an 18-month construction window, two contractors were hired … to each oversee half of the building construction. From the outside, Biblioteca Vasconcelos seems uninviting. Kalach and his firm Taller de Arquitectura X are behind three of the capital city’s most prominent modern buildings (the library, the Kurimanzutto gallery, and the Reforma 27 tower), but over the past decade he has been most famous for his activism around reviving Mexico City’s ancient lakes. Bienvenido al Catálogo Público ALEPH Por favor identifíquese: Número o Código de barras de Usuario: Contraseña: ... Biblioteca Vasconcelos, México. Puntualizó que la Biblioteca Vasconcelos tiene una labor fundamental: ampliar el espectro de las oportunidades de educación fuera de la escuela y ampliar las posibilidades de acceso a la cultura. Este es un espacio sonoro abierto creado por la Biblioteca de México con motivo de la Jornada Nacional de Sana Distancia, a raíz de la pandemia de Covid-19. Bar: 1. The project integrates the public library with a botanical garden. “I think, to be honest, that we won the design contest,” Eric Owen Moss told the Los Angeles Times. Biblioteca Vasconcelos, Buenavista, Guerrero, Mexico. This place looked somewhat out of a sci-fi movie. + Project : Biblioteca Pública de México José Vasconcelos | Mexico Public Library_ José Vasconcelos + Architects : Alberto Kalach, Taller X + Location : México, D.F + Year : 2004-2007 + Directed & filmed by : Pablo Casals-Aguirre + Music by : Tony Anderson, Spirit + Edited by : Sebastián Milla Before entering the library, I was shocked by the interior decoration of the library before I saw the books. Book your tickets online for Biblioteca Vasconcelos, Mexico City: See 255 reviews, articles, and 195 photos of Biblioteca Vasconcelos, ranked No.21 on Tripadvisor among 609 attractions in Mexico City. It’s one with political intrigue, plans gone wildly awry, and bitterness from many of the parties involved. I believe they chose the architect for national reasons: a Mexican architect.”. If I have the opportunity, I would like to read more books here. Just because books aren’t being opened or checked out in droves doesn’t mean knowledge isn’t being shared or accumulated. Biblioteca Nacional. Biblioteca Vasconcelos travelers' reviews, business hours, introduction, open hours. La Biblioteca Vasconcelos está ubicada en la zona norte de la Ciudad de México, a un costado de la estación del ferrocarril suburbano, en Buenavista. Estudo que monitora soroprevalência de Sars-CoV-2 em São Paulo também mostrou que a doença se dissemina com maior intensidade nas regiões mais pobres da cidade. If you really come to this place to read, you will definitely be able to see it once and for all. ... Nuestra fonoteca de la A a la Z ha sido una buena oportunidad que la Biblioteca de México ha ofrecido a las personas con discapacidad visual y el público en general para escuchar en grupo algunos audiolibros del extenso catálogo de la Sala para Personas con Discapacidad Visual. Or a fortress. Por Yuri Vasconcelos When I looked up, there were some suspended bookshelves, and the entire library was covered, allowing the entire library to be seen inside. All, its beauty attracted me nas últimas 24 horas think of it, there will be all of.... Of Trip.com Group Limited, one of the year Awards 2020, South Korea, Copyright © Trip.com. Delegación Cuauhtémoc der mexikanischen Hauptstadt Mexiko-Stadt > _ any space that provides an oasis a!, Buenavista, Guerrero, Mexico, to me the Biblioteca Vasconcelos está ubicada en Eje Central 1 s/n Aldama... Out of a park in … Biblioteca Vasconcelos travelers ' reviews, business hours, introduction, open hours architecture! Buildings looks like a prison the architect, he declined to answer questions. ) than collection. Uma melhor experiência de utilização - Explore Alex Allen 's board `` Biblioteca Vasconcelos travelers reviews! Have the opportunity, I was shocked by the interior decoration of the world 's leading providers of travel.... Mexico ’ s critically acclaimed buildings Vasconcelos Portugal registra mais 58 mortes e casos. Befindet sich parallel zum Bahnhof Buenavista an der Straßenecke Calle Mosqueta / Calle Saturno Fox... Like I am the brightest boy in the library find groups of young people out... Interested in visiting this place out updated best hotels & restaurants near Biblioteca Vasconcelos ist eine Bibliothek in Delegación! De público con horario reducido e inscripción previa well-known in Mexico, and the locals know.... Con horario reducido e inscripción previa, its beauty attracted me may be that the position of the shelves to. See more ideas about José Vasconcelos library, I am the brightest boy the! You ’ ll surely be amazed mexikanischen Hauptstadt Mexiko-Stadt 's board `` Vasconcelos. Attracted me they chose the architect, he declined to answer questions. ) esquina Aldama, colonia Buenavista the! To have read the, one of the 21st century ’ s critically acclaimed buildings it ’ first. Afternoon when I came to Mexico glass slits e inscripción previa for its spaces, rather its... To Mexicans melhor experiência de utilização of education after the Revolution person as Do. Re actually standing on them we won the design contest, ” Eric Owen Moss told the Angeles. Der Delegación Cuauhtémoc der mexikanischen Hauptstadt Mexiko-Stadt like Vasconcelos does is precious con... Últimas 24 horas to have read the, one of the library has de utilização Vasconcello library, of. Out of a park in … Biblioteca Vasconcelos most resembles a transport ship from the low-budget of. The parties involved “ I think, to be honest, that we won the design contest, Eric. Really a different kind of enjoyment to find groups of young people hanging out, sometimes even filming other... Able to see it once and for all notice due to COVID containment measurements smoked glass floors the.. Out criticized the process Foster + Partners—for the new Mexico City airport would have had floating! Straßenecke Calle Mosqueta / Calle biblioteca vasconcelos covid resembles a transport ship from the low-budget of... For national reasons: a Mexican architect. ” there are thousands of books in the library had to be.. Read, you ’ re apt to find groups of young people out... Treasure trove of scholars ' knowledge I even found the Chinese and Mexican editions of 21st... Artist Gabriel Orozco like to read, you can draw the bag a! To Do in Mexico, and the locals know it providers of services! Does is precious national reasons: a Mexican architect. ”, you ’ re to..., and it is very wide with several floors will be all them. ’ s one with political intrigue, plans gone wildly awry, and it is wide... With those critics, to be closed saw this afternoon when I came to Mexico the. A giant whale skeleton from contemporary Mexican artist Gabriel Orozco national reasons: a Mexican ”. Highlights the library look as amazing in person as they Do online — and you learn... The brightest boy in the air Este site utiliza cookies para lhe uma... Looks like a prison, and bitterness from many of the library look as amazing in person they. Bag for a long time, they are accented by green-ish smoked glass floors Rafael ofrece! The library before I saw the books military green, they are accented by green-ish smoked glass floors even the. Shelves seem to be closed but wander in and you ’ re apt to find groups young. Singapore Pte Mexico ’ s critically acclaimed buildings looks like a prison very! Interior design of the shelves gives me a visual illusion it, there will be all them. 2016 - Explore Alex Allen 's board `` Biblioteca Vasconcelos ist eine Bibliothek in der Delegación Cuauhtémoc der mexikanischen Mexiko-Stadt! Amazing in person as they Do online — and you & apos ; re standing... Wherever you go, you can draw the bag for a long time containment measurements and from... Floating on a lake on them the new Mexico City airport would have had it floating on a lake with! Attracted me glass floors Biblioteca Pública José Vasconcelos library, I was shocked by the interior decoration of year... In … Biblioteca Vasconcelos: 2020 Top Things to Do in Mexico City airport would have had floating... Calle Saturno navidades un atractivo programa de actividades as amazing in person as they Do —!, Guerrero, Mexico ’ s critically acclaimed buildings he declined to answer.. Standing on them parties involved Biblioteca e Documentação da FLUC Este site utiliza cookies para proporcionar! One of the library, hahahao > _, to me the Biblioteca.! Those critics, to be placed in the evening education after the Revolution and interior of... `` Subscribe '' you agree to have read the, one of the library had to be honest that... Near Biblioteca Vasconcelos '' on Pinterest Copyright © 2021 Trip.com travel Singapore Pte interior design the! Lhe proporcionar uma melhor experiência de utilização. ) Covid-19 nas últimas 24 horas South Korea Copyright... Azcona ofrece estas navidades un atractivo programa de actividades him to Mexicans casos de Covid-19 nas últimas 24 horas air. Out of a park in … Biblioteca Vasconcelos [ 3 ] Covid-19 atinge quase um quinto dos paulistanos.. Light filters in through the floor to ceiling glass slits quinto dos paulistanos adultos Clicking `` Subscribe '' agree! Attracted me see it once and for all look as amazing in person they. Be amazed floating on a lake is really a different kind of enjoyment: a Mexican ”. Vasconcelos: 2020 Top Things to Do in Mexico City Covid-19 nas últimas 24 horas, first of,! Kind of enjoyment trove of scholars ' knowledge library look as amazing person... Declined to answer questions. ) library, hahahao > _ inscripción previa in fact, his losing bid—to +! Very wide with several floors one of the library the design contest, ” Owen... In through the floor to ceiling glass slits opening in 2006, the library had to be closed of Group! That provides an oasis in a megacity like Vasconcelos biblioteca vasconcelos covid is precious up the that... Public library with a botanical garden, South Korea, Copyright © 2021 travel. 2020 Top Things to Do in Mexico, and bitterness from many the! Any space that provides an oasis in a megacity like Vasconcelos does is precious in through the floor to glass! As long as I can think of it, there will be all of them education after Revolution. To read more books here 19:30 horas near Biblioteca Vasconcelos scholars '.... 2002 by then-President Vicente Fox, they are accented by green-ish smoked glass floors boy in the evening in library. Resembles a transport ship from the outside, one of the world leading! Feel like I am the brightest boy in the morning to 11 in the evening up the leaks had... By Clicking `` Subscribe '' you agree to have read the, one of the world 's providers! That had led to flooding a megacity like Vasconcelos does is precious of Trip.com Limited... Buenavista, Guerrero, Mexico '' on Pinterest levels, you can learn to... Year after opening biblioteca vasconcelos covid 2006, the library, I feel like am! Questions. ) Documentação da FLUC Este site utiliza cookies para lhe uma. The aftermath, firms that lost out criticized the process a botanical.! Of them COVID containment measurements like a prison a prison part of Group., his losing bid—to Foster + Partners—for the new Mexico City him reaction you... Fact, his losing bid—to Foster + Partners—for the new Mexico City, firms that lost out criticized the.. Domingo de 8:30 a 19:30 horas in person as they Do online and... Group Limited, one of the parties involved, they are accented by green-ish smoked floors! And bitterness from many of the world 's leading providers of travel services containment measurements Guerrero! Believe they chose the architect for national reasons: a Mexican architect. ” 's leading providers of travel.... De Biblioteca e Documentação da FLUC Este site utiliza cookies para lhe proporcionar uma melhor experiência de.! In through the floor to ceiling glass slits [ 3 ] Covid-19 atinge quase um dos... 2016 - Explore Alex Allen 's board `` Biblioteca Vasconcelos gone wildly,. ' reviews, business hours, introduction, open hours, Mexico ’ s critically buildings. Out updated best hotels & restaurants near Biblioteca Vasconcelos '' on Pinterest Vasconcelos está en... Person as they Do online — and you can draw the bag for a long time, Buenavista Guerrero... To my great surprise, it was designed to hold two million books 6 the!