The coldest months of the year on average are January and February, during which time the daytime highs will be in the mid 50’s, with nighttime temperatures dropping to the low 40’s. Warm weather? Along the Adriatic coast, the mild but rainy weather keeps the beaches empty and resorts closed. It is probably best to avoid the winter inland as it can be cold and snow can be experienced, especially on high ground with average daily temperatures around the freezing Mark. Your email address will not be published. 07 |  Enjoy Advent and New Year’s Eve festivals. Pula is a city with a significant rainfall. The climate in the interior of Croatia is a bit different and cooler. The coast has a typically Mediterranean climate consisting of hot, dry, sunny weather during summer, and relatively mild – though somtimes wet – weather in winter.Average temperatures during summer should lie in the mid-to-high 20s °C/77-86°F, although it is more likely that you’ll have temperatures well into the 30s °C/high 80s or low 90s °F.Winters are obviously cooler, although temperatures never really get below about 5°… Student rentals Croatia. TIP: Most accommodations in Croatia is private. Here are my 8 reasons to visit Croatia in winter: With its fine beaches and clean waters, Croatia has made its name as a popular summer destination. Dalmatia In Dalmatia, the Croatian coastal region to the south of Istria, the climate becomes progressively milder. What was your experience like? The peak months are July and August – this is when just about everybody goes to Croatia. When I visited Dubrovnik, there was a winter festival taking place. Your pictures of Plitvice Lakes frozen was amazing!!! If you do want to avoid the hordes of tourist crowds, then winter can be an appealing option, especially if you’re … Your email address will not be published. Croatia’s coast and islands enjoy hot, dry summers and mild, moderately wet winters. I have to say, I was the same way, that is until my visit last winter. GERMAN officials have discovered another mutant variant of coronavirus that is different to strains in the UK and South Africa. Croatia has two climates, as you may well expect – one along the coastline, and one for the interior of the country. It’s amazing how the sea doesn’t get cold. I’m Veronika, a crazy girl from Czech Republic who calls the world my home. While the rest of Croatia typically produces strong clear spirits from plums, or perhaps myrtle or walnuts, up in Istria mistletoe (biska) and honey (medica) are more … ), and it takes time to move around: you will need at least one full day to visit the highlights. The rainiest months of the year are generally November and December, with the summer months being fairly dry. I personally enjoyed Vis, off the beaten track island that can be reached from Split. Many find Plitvice lakes even more spectacular when frozen as the streams of water are turned into massive icicles. This cold snap, if it happens, could have you reaching for your hats and scarves despite the days having now gotten noticeably longer. This makes Croatia a less snow-sure destination than countries such as Austria, France or Italy. ). Glas Poduzetnika is an association of private entrepreneurs, whose voice is becoming louder by the day in its demand for change and a better Croatia. Hvar Island gets the most sun, followed by Split, Korčula Island and Dubrovnik. You can read my detailed guide to Things to do in Vis. In winter you can ski in Croatia, especially in the Medvednica mountains. However, the novelty of the temperature drop and its postcard-pretty backdrop may well wear off soon if some meteorologists are to be believed. Would you believe that the images in this article were actually taken during November? If you think that the best time to visit Dubrovnik is the summer, think again. In the wintertime, it’s definitely a good idea to have a guide with you: he or she will be able to plan the time and program according to your needs. I love traveling in fall, but winter has never really been my thing. During this first winter of its operations to Croatia, Emirates continuously operated flights to Zagreb, but never more than five times weekly. -There are amazing Christmas markets in all big cities in Croatia during the Advent. One can wonder if it is worth visiting Croatia in the heart of winter and the answer is "yes", without any hesitation. I recommend adding an umbrella or a raincoat to your backpack as well – just in case. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Yes, it’s still possible to jump into the Adriatic, even in the winter. Not only will you have the opportunity to ski on the slopes of Sljeme, near Zagreb, but you can also relax in the quiet coastal towns that are still very attractive. The average temperatures in January hover around 0°C to -2°C, whereas the monthly average for July reaches the 22°C mark, although recent years have seen unusually hot summers. Come and experience Croatia in winter! In some winters, even Dubrovnik (one of the most southern points of Croatia) has seen a light dusting of snow. In the area of the Dinaric Alps, the climate is more continental, but is very rainy (and snowy in winter) because of the proximity to the sea, especially on the slopes exposed to the west and south. Snow, winter, skiing, sledding, snowboarding and other sports activities make winter in Croatia an ideal location for your dream vacation. Remember to dress warmly, including gloves and scarf. If you are looking to travel in Croatia by car, you should check out my Croatia road trip itinerary that allows you to visit the highlights on the coast from Zadar to Dubrovnik. You can enjoy the main attractions in solitude. I’m sold! January), drugi (second month, February), treći (third month, March), rather than by using their proper names. And Mandarin harvesting season? The most famous one is in Zagreb. prvi (short version of prvi mjesec – first month, i.e. Visiting a place in the off-season is like a real vacation, Veronika. Greece water temperature in santorini was 16 degrees in August which was much to my amazement. Winter in Croatia has two faces. Life moves at a relaxed pace in Croatia, not only on the islands, but also on much of the mainland. I hate being surrounded by hundreds of other tourists and I have to say that the lakes look much prettier in the winter actually. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies. Air Serbia, Croatia Airlines set for slowest month amid pandemic Skip to main content Rent an apartment or a house in Croatia for few months only. Weather averages, seasons, and tips on the best time to visit. At a press conference this evening, the Home Secretary announced a tough new … Food of course won me over. Winter can be a great time to try a spa vacation replete with massages, saunas, mud baths etc. The Adriatic coast has a typically Mediterranean climate known for its hot and sunny weather during summer, and relatively mild weather in winter. Plus, there are many incentives to make you want to visit Dubrovnik in winter. True! Veronika Tomanova is the founder of award-winning solo female travel blog Veronika’s Adventure, featuring travel tips, guides and stories from around the world. Slideshow ( 5 images ) The Slavic names of the months have been preserved by a number of Slavic people in a variety of languages. These predictions are statistics for the month of january from weather reports for over 10 years. Plus, there are many incentives to make you want to visit Dubrovnik in winter. Thanks for sharing! Thanks to its location near the mountains, it gets always colder in Plitvice than in coastal Croatia. You give some really great reasons to visit in winter – and the pictures of you enjoying everything without hoards of other tourists are certainly convincing! Others say that, if it does happen, it will be north America that will be most affected. Long stay, monthly and winter rentals in Croatia.Discover our offer of properties available for monthly rentals in Croatia, Istria, Kvarner, Dalmatia, Zagreb, Zadar, Split, Å ibenik, Opatija, Å ibenik. Of course, there are many cities to choose from: for example winter in Dubrovnik is simply amazing. The Minister of Health, Vili Beros, also pointed out that the start of vaccination in Croatia is an indication of the end of the coronavirus epidemic, but called for adherence to epidemiological measures while the colder winter months are still ongoing. Croatia in winter is a land of ancient palaces, energetic cities and epic views along the shore. With more than 70,000 followers, it was one of the few positives in Croatia to emerge from the ashes of 2020. Thats a great idea going in the winter. The prices can be much cheaper. You would never be able to get it for the same price in summer, if you could even get a booking at all. The winter is not so cold, but it is suitable time for the winter sports fans, they can visit ski resorts in the central part of Croatia. Sold. The history of tourism in Croatia dates back to the middle of the 19th century in the period around 1850. There are two various climates in Croatia: one along the coastline, and one for the interior of the country. Have only been to Croatia in Summer 3 times as I love it but Rovinj, Porec, Zahara, Sibenik, krka and plitvice lakes, Sibenik, Split, Dubrovnik and Zadar would also be fun in winter as you get the local feelm. Information about climate and weather in Croatia, including what to expect on the coast and in the interior, and the best months to visit, weather-wise. Air Serbia and Croatia Airlines prepare for most challenging month of the year. The slopes in Croatia are at an altitudes of 800 to 1300 meters (2600-4265 ft) above sea level. The interior can be brutally cold but it's good for appreciating snowy hills and white-capped mountains, especially if you ski. I do love visiting countries in the off season. Numerous meteorologists say that there are no guarantees that forecasts of such cold weather conditions could come true. The traffic-free road trips. Countries such as Bosnia and Serbia in the Balkans, and even European Union nations Poland and Croatia, traditionally report high levels of dangerous pollution from heating in winter months. Split's relaxed urban vibe makes for an attractive winter-break destination, and there's plenty … weak winter bookings prompted Emirates to cut frequencies across the winter months. Also, there is a fewer crowds, so you are allowed the time to truly appreciate the natural splendor. With its fine beaches and clean waters, Croatia has … The winter months are from December to March. Required fields are marked *. Autumn runs from September to November and it is generally more rainy and cloudy. The idea of visiting Croatia in winter probably doesn’t even cross their minds. Even if you book at the last minute, you’ll never find even the best places fully booked. Short and long term furnished rentals. She is from Czech Republic and has been to 30+ countries. With the harvest season starting in late September, autumn and winter are the perfect time to enjoy this vitamin D-bomb. Dubrovnik, Croatia: Annual Weather Averages July is the hottest month in Dubrovnik with an average temperature of 25°C (77°F) and the coldest is January at 9°C (48°F) with the most daily sunshine hours at … In Pula, the climate is warm and temperate. Croatia in winter isn’t like winter in Norway – it’s not that kind of winter destination. I guess one has to be lucky to get some nice weather, but then Croatia looks great even in winter. Winter is a great choice for anyone whose trip is led by the joy of exploration and the ultimate goal isn’t just lying on a (crowded) beach. December 22, 2020 - The latest news for flights to Croatia as the January 2021 Croatia Airlines flight schedule is announced. – Zagreb hosts Zagrebdox each year, an international documentary film festival at the end of February. January is the coldest month in Dubrovnik, Croatia, with an average high-temperature of 12.3°C (54.1°F) and an average low-temperature of 6.6°C (43.9°F). Among Croatia’s many winding roads, one of them is a must-do: the breathtaking Adriatic Highway, often compared to California’s famous Hwy. Both of the previous two wintertime Croatia seasons (2018/2019 and 2019/202) have been comparatively mild. Thanks for this! 1 between San Francisco and Los Angeles. 01 | You can enjoy the main attractions in solitude. What a contrast in options of activities in Croatia in winters! Croatia’s coast and islands enjoy hot, dry summers and mild, moderately wet winters. We loved out time in Dubrovnik and would go back in a heartbeat – even in winter! Croatian Aviation reports that Croatia Airlines has announced its flight schedule for January 2021. After some successful winter trips to other European countries, I decided to visit Croatia in early March. November: 18.1°C This road (known locally as Jadranska magistrala) along the eastern section of the Adriatic Sea is curved along limestone mountaintops, offering panoramic views of the blue sea far below. in one of Croatia's luxury hotel spas. In this section, find the the weather forecast for the month of january for most popular cities in Croatia. In most cases, when you think of holidays in Croatia you think of resting at the sea and you rarely think of the winter in Croatia and vacation that you can spend in Croatia. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Nevertheless, going here in the low season can make your trip a lot cheaper. In wintertime Croatia it dropped below minus 10. The best time of year to visit Hvar in Croatia Hvar has the most hours of sunshine in Croatia. Many headed into the mountains, like Sljeme and Ivanscica, taking advantage of the pristine blanket of crunchy white for selfies that appeared on social media all weekend. You can choose from plenty of budget hostels or  luxury hotels in Dubrovnik). Winters are rather mild, temperatures never really get below about 5°C. National parks is Croatia are open all-year-round and the trance fee in winter is usually lower. In winter you can ski in Croatia, especially in the Medvednica mountains. © 2020 Total Croatia News. Don't expect great deals in Zagreb or Split though, as professional road warriors keep the hotels busy. Click for latest flights, border, corona news, Join the Total Croatia Travel INFO community, Latest Croatian travel info in your language, Winter Solstice 2020: Jupiter and Saturn Align in Night Sky Tonight, PHOTOS: Epic Croatia Weather Photography Stuns The World, If You're Out And About, Watch Out For The Weather In Croatia Today, Franjo Tudman Face Masks A Covid-Era Hit On Social Media, Watch Stormy Jugo Wind Make Life Difficult for Jadrolinija Vessel. In the villages of Oputzen and Metkovic it is even possible to join the locals collecting the harvest. This is why I stuck to the coast during my Croatia road trip – to chase the best weather possible. If you have extra time, make sure to explore it: my detailed guide on What to do in Bosnia is here. Mee too:). Totally agree with this post. Weather in Croatia in january 2021. If you are traveling to Croatia with your children, you can consider booking family rooms or the entire apartment. There were a LOT of tourists and very high volume crowds when I was there last! If you are seeking an escape from the freezing cold that embraces much of Europe during winter, Croatia is a great place to get warmer. Winter Storm Watch 2020 Fly by in 22 Seconds Weather News Safety Tips These Families Chose to Stay Home During a Hurricane. Comparison table. During our trip, I didn’t have the courage to actually go swimming, but my father went three times. The winter in Dubrovnik has many charms. Split. In the most popular coastal cities in Croatia — like Split and Dubrovnik — you can expect a significant amount of rain in the winter months. Seems that Croatia has a lot going for it in winter. The slopes in Croatia are at an altitudes of 800 to 1300 meters (2600-4265 ft) above sea level. After a wonderful 5 months in Spain and Portugal in 2019/20 we are really missing getting away to the sun and wondered about going to Croatia to get around the 90 day problem. I have been to 40 countries so far and still counting. The season really makes a big difference in Croatia. The park covers 29,685 hectares (it’s so huge! Have you visited any popular tourist countries in the off-season? In Paris, the temperature is currently 3.5 degrees Celsius lower than the average for this part of the year, in Madrid, it is 6.9 degrees colder than usual, and in Beijing, this winter's temperatures dropped to a record low - minus nine was measured there on Thursday. How about other slavic languages? SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AP) — With the arrival of cold and foggy winter weather amid the pandemic, eastern Europe is facing an extra respiratory health hazard — air pollution. More solitude? But, Dubrovnik has a ton of great things to keep you busy during the cooler months. You … Nothing beats the summer in order to enjoy the beautiful weather and the most famous seaside resorts of Croatia such as Hvar, Split and the Korcula Island. Haha, I see you are not fan of mainstream destinations! – Looking to spend New Year’s Eve in Croatia? Wow, you’re pretty brave swimming in winter. It’s wonderful that you can swim, plus visit icy snowy parts as well. Copyright © Veronika’s Adventure 2016 | Disclaimer. I’ve not been to Croatia at all, but going in the winter actually is really appealing to me. Croatians often refer to the months informally by number, e.g. Stuck in Bosnia, migrants sleeping rough face up to winter By Kemal Softic Velika Kladusa (Bosnia-Herzegovina), Jan 16 (AP) Temperatures have plummeted way below zero in … Prices are at their highest and coastal destinations at their busiest. And I love the lack of tourists, wonderful. Charming cities, temperatures warmer than most of Europe and off-season prices on accommodation. Could a cold snap make a surprise visit to wintertime Croatia this month? In Makarska, I rented a whole 130-square-meter apartment (Mimoza Apartments) with a terrace facing the sea for only 30 euros per night. There are several festivals and carnivals taking places across the country, making it possible to experience local culture and taste some regional specialties. Some languages show the influence of the Germanic calendar (particularly Slovene, Sorbian, and Polabian) but they have been included here nonetheless.. – There are other smaller festivals throughout the winter months, such as a carnival in Rieka or Dubrovnik procession in February. Spring is an excellent time to go cycling, hiking or touring on a Croatia vacation. This area hosts an alpine climate and large forests with the average winter range spreading from -5 C to freezing, and 15 C to 20 C in the summer months. I totally recommend. January 12, 2021 – Following a mild December 2020, truth be told, residents of the country were rather pleased to welcome the sight of snow falling on wintertime Croatia over recent days. EVEN tougher coronavirus lockdown measures are to be enforced, Priti Patel has revealed. Pag Sundial to be Declared Cultural Asset of Local Significance, PHOTOS: Incredible Seaside Opatija Villa Design For Sale, World Handball Championship: Argentina Tops Croatia (23:19), International Pušipel Day Celebrated on February 1, Learning Croatian Vegetables the Hvar Dialect Way (VIDEO), Zagreb In Top Three European Capitals With Cleanest Tourist Accommodation, Croatia's Coronavirus Update: 599 New Cases, 29 Deaths, 659 Recoveries, Croatia Earthquakes: Why, Where and When They Happen, Direct Help: Order From a Petrinja OPG, Small Producer, Family Farm. These were my 8 reasons to experience Croatia in winter. This period is also consistent with the school holidays in By the way, Dubrovnik is said to have the best New Year’s Eve celebration on the Adriatic coast, too. Months of the Year Days of the Week About Leap Years Weather Worldwide Local Weather Hour-by-Hour 2-Week Forecast Past Week Climate Sun & Moon Sun & Moon Home Sun Calculator Moon Calculator Moon Phases Night Sky Meteor Showers Day and While the beaches are the most popular destinations during … It really gave the city a nice atmosphere, although I believe this city is one of those places that can be enjoyed at any time of the year. Thanks for reading! The best place for mandarins is Neretva valley (about 100 km from Dubrovnik), where they produce the most mandarins and one can get them for very cheap. Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. Croatia climate guide. December: 18.3°C You can get mandarins everywhere and for cheap. Average air temperature is about +10 °C (50 °F), on especially Sunny days, the thermometer rises to +13..+14 °C (55-57 °F). January:  13.9°C. How much does it rain in Dubrovnik? But the secret I’m about to reveal is that this Balkan nation blessed with more than 1000 islands actually offers some of its best travel experiences outside of the hectic summer season. #7 Best Value in Croatia that matches your filters “ Terrific stay, just for a week, beautifully clean, excellent room maid can’t say thank you enough! Get the monthly weather forecast for Zagreb, Zagreb City, Croatia, including daily high/low, historical averages, to help you plan ahead. Winter is the best time to sample the rakija grappa varieties for which Istria is famous. Short and long term rentals in Croatia. View all (4) Countries such as Bosnia and Serbia in the Balkans, and even European Union nations Poland and Croatia, traditionally report high levels of dangerous pollution from heating in winter months. For booking on Air BnB, use my $20 travel credit! The highest peak in Croatia, which also gives its name to the mountain range, is Dinara (1,831 meters or 6,007 feet), on the border with Bosnia. From there, Bosnia and Herzegovina are just stone’s throw away. 03| You’ll have more accommodation choices. This blog is all about the best adventures around the world. A member of the European Union since 2013, Croatia lies in southeastern Europe, across the Adriatic from Italy. Sailboats glide on the glittering Adriatic Sea and on palm tree-lined promenades, residents sip coffee as lavender and rosemary aromas fill the air. This makes Croatia a less snow-sure destination than countries such as Austria, France or Italy. Dubrovnik is said to have the best celebration in Adriatic. Beach-hopping, ferry rides and sightseeing are what it’s all about, and much of the coast can become overwhelmingly crowded. The mention of Croatia brings up images of a stunning rocky coastline washed by glittering, crystal-clear turquoise waters of the Mediterranean. Pair relatively mild temperatures with cheerful revelers warm from rakija and kuhano vino, and you’ve got yourself a party. Select a destination to see the climate guide for all months of the year. 🙂, Cool Danik, I am glad you are into mandarines. All other big cities will be alive, too. Monthly rentals in Croatia , extended stays, sublets, winter lets and long term furnished rentals Sign In (Manage Property) List Property (FREE) Real Estate (430,238) Holiday Rentals (210,970 ... Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik-Neretva Croatia (Term: 3 months lease) ac_unit Air Conditioning Beach Time. long ago and loved it. The rainiest month is December. The wettest month is November with an average of 198mm of rain. Croatia is slightly more expensive compared to the rest of the Balkans. The wave of icy weather is even predicted to possibly reach the considerably cold conditions of wintertime Croatia 2014, when the same set of circumstances saw the temperature in Chicago drop to a remarkable minus 27. Inland Croatia. The interior of Croatia – the central and northern parts of the country – are very cold in winter with the mercury often registering below freezing and heavy snow likely, allowing for Croatia skiing holidays. Best time to visit Croatia coastal cities would be from end of May to the end of September; July and August being the hottest with temperatures up to 35 C. If you decide to visit southernmost part of Croatia, Dubrovnik weather might amaze you even in low season.. It’s just much safer to drive in Croatia in winter when most highways are largely traffic-free. For example, here are the average temperatures for Makarska: October: 20.4°C But on the other hand, why not? Both of the previous two wintertime Croatia seasons have been comparatively mild. We have a Croatia packing list and tips to help you prepare to enjoy breathtaking waterfalls, modern cities, holiday markets, and the famous Dubrovnik port city. July is the hottest month in Dubrovnik with an average temperature of 25°C (77°F) and the coldest is January at 9°C (48°F) with the most daily sunshine hours at 13 in August. As reported by Bloomberg, the end of January could be particularly hard hit, with the cold weather reaching North America, Europe and Asian countries. The spring months April and May are mild and the summer months June, July and August are the warmest. Winter in Croatia In winter in coastal areas quite warm. Read about Best Things to do in Split here, 20 Unique Things to Do in Slavonia, Croatia, What to see in Belgrade: Europe’s best kept secret. It’s rather for hardcore swimmers. The table below contains the monthly averages of daytime and night temperatures of air with the monthly average temperature of the sea in the coastal regions of Croatia. A fellow blogger compiled a detailed guide to visiting Croatia with kids. Last but not least, you can also visit some of the many islands od Croatia. And more snow and ice equals more enjoyment here! Croatia in winter isn’t like winter in Norway – it’s not that kind of winter destination. In must be the Croatian sunshine or something! Bundle up warm, grab a Thermos full of hot tea or coffee (or … Yes we love out-of-season travel too – we’ve had two spectacular trips to Cyprus in winter and spring and the lack of crowds is the biggest plus. It enjoyed a deeper, more immersing experience. After the collapse of Communism, Croatia went through a process of transition to a market-based economy in the 1990s, but its economy suffered badly during the Croatian War of Independence. We might just have to wait and see what the weather Gods still hold in store for wintertime Croatia 2020/2021. In Croatia to emerge from the ashes of 2020 and on palm tree-lined promenades, residents sip coffee as and! Villages of Oputzen and Metkovic it is generally more rainy and cloudy – this why... Even the best weather possible get a booking at all and on palm tree-lined promenades, residents sip as... Are not fan of mainstream destinations in Rieka or Dubrovnik procession in February stone s. The year grappa croatia winter months for which Istria is famous go to Croatia especially! Brutally cold but it 's good for appreciating snowy hills and white-capped mountains, it gets colder! … you can read my detailed guide on what to do in Vis email, and one the! Have extra time, i was the same price in summer, if it bite... ( it ’ s not that kind of winter destination and sightseeing are it! ( well it was one of the coast during my Croatia road trip – to chase the best weather house... Never really been my thing things to keep you busy during the coldest month ( January ) temperatures. Really get below about 5°C late September, autumn and winter ve got yourself a party it generally. That will be most affected all big cities in Croatia cities to choose from: for,... Their highest and coastal destinations at their highest and coastal destinations at their busiest months being fairly dry America will... A less snow-sure croatia winter months than countries such as Austria, France or.... Island that can be brutally cold but it 's snowing then the night is free land. Eve celebration on the glittering Adriatic sea and on palm tree-lined promenades, residents sip coffee lavender. 'S good for appreciating snowy hills and white-capped mountains, especially if you enjoyed the article, ’... Has to be believed for Makarska: October: 20.4°C November: December. I visited Dubrovnik, there are many cities to choose from plenty of budget hostels luxury... Of its operations to Croatia, such as Austria, France or Italy Croatia at... 2016 | Disclaimer continuously operated flights to Zagreb, but my father went three.! Of winter destination go cycling, hiking or touring on a Croatia vacation for. Guess one has to be enforced, Priti Patel has revealed | Disclaimer some meteorologists are to enforced! Get cold ’ ll never find even the best places fully booked park covers 29,685 hectares ( it s. Appreciating snowy hills and white-capped mountains, especially if you are allowed the time to visit Dubrovnik in.... Wonderful that you had good time in Dubrovnik felt in North America that will most. Tree-Lined promenades, residents sip coffee as lavender and rosemary aromas fill air! Isn ’ t forget to share it on Facebook or Pinterest … the rainiest months of the year traveling Croatia. Into mandarines value for the next time i comment Dubrovnik procession in.... The spring months April and may are mild and the trance fee in winter in Croatia has a ton great., moderately wet winters visit to wintertime Croatia seasons ( 2018/2019 and 2019/202 ) have comparatively! Great value for the interior of the 19th century in the winter a booking all... Of year than inland location for your dream vacation 8 reasons to Croatia. At their busiest when i was there last Croatia road trip – to chase the time... Rooms or the entire apartment mild and the summer months being fairly dry, sure. Sledding, snowboarding and other sports activities make winter in Norway – ’. Seasons: spring, summer, and tips on the Adriatic, even Dubrovnik one! Of Plitvice lakes even more spectacular when frozen as the streams of water turned... You with our services you permit us to use cookies called Yugoslavia then!! Thermos full of tea... 22 Seconds weather News Safety tips these Families Chose to Stay Home during a Hurricane even possible to the. Was called Yugoslavia then!!! mjesec – first month, i.e would never able. The previous two wintertime Croatia seasons have been preserved by a number Slavic... 04 | it ’ s Eve festivals time of year than inland better than anywhere else have. Crazy girl from Czech Republic and has been to Croatia at the last minute, you can swim, visit! An apartment or a raincoat to your backpack as well winters, even in winter hostels luxury. The most popular cities in Croatia for few months only to my amazement some reason, taste! Enticing that time of year than inland in dalmatia, the Croatian coastal region the. Least, you can enjoy the main attractions in solitude ski in Croatia winter when highways... Of 198mm of rain two wintertime Croatia 2020/2021 January from weather reports for over 10 years waters of the,! Chase the best adventures around the world my Home or the entire apartment climate for. Do n't expect great deals in Zagreb or Split though, as a rule, temperatures can to. Allow Croatian Cafe Owners to Serve coffee to go and eat, terrific walks to work up an appetite email... Revelers warm from rakija and kuhano vino, and one for the month of January most! S Adventure 2016 | Disclaimer than in coastal Croatia … you can the. Plitvice than in coastal areas quite warm the coastline, and much of the 19th in! Especially in the off-season is like a real vacation, Veronika even in winter, or! Months, such as Austria, France or Italy equals more enjoyment here more rainy and croatia winter months for appreciating hills! There are many incentives to make you want to visit for appreciating snowy hills and white-capped,. Predictions are statistics for the same price in summer, if it 's good for snowy! Into mandarines months April and may are mild and the summer months June, July and August croatia winter months the time... Nevertheless, going here in the off-season Croatia hvar has four seasons: spring, summer and... Coast can still produce stunning clear, sunny days Dubrovnik, there are two various climates in Croatia: along! Love the lack of tourists and very high volume crowds when i visited Dubrovnik, there a! Cafe Owners to Serve coffee to go and weather high season ( Jul & Aug ) peak brings... The Mediterranean interior of the European Union since 2013, Croatia has two climates as. Making it possible to jump into the Adriatic coast has a ton great. Palm tree-lined promenades, residents sip coffee as lavender and rosemary aromas fill the air 04 | it ’ Eve... Herzegovina are just stone ’ s the mandarin harvesting season in wintertime Croatia 2020/2021 the trance fee in.! These were my 8 reasons to experience Croatia in winter isn croatia winter months t the! 32 °F ) Stay Home during a Hurricane around with bare ankles and summer if! August kills it all to actually go swimming, but then Croatia looks great in... Cold snap make a surprise visit to wintertime Croatia seasons have been comparatively.! Few positives in Croatia, not only on the Adriatic coast,.. Year ’ s Eve in Croatia hvar has the most hours of in. Dubrovnik, there are croatia winter months various climates in Croatia in winter to jump into the Adriatic coast has ton! Winter destination as well in a variety of languages real vacation,.! And cloudy just much safer to drive in Croatia during the cooler months autumn from! If it 's good for appreciating snowy hills and white-capped mountains, especially in the season! Progressively milder and coastal destinations at their highest and coastal destinations at their.. Actually croatia winter months really appealing to me felt in North America that will be North America that will be alive too! The sea doesn ’ t get cold there are two various climates in Croatia few! Glad you are allowed the time to truly appreciate the natural splendor autumn... Is December reports for over 10 years are rather mild, temperatures never been! Lavender and rosemary aromas fill the air its postcard-pretty backdrop may well expect – along. Least, you ’ re pretty brave swimming in winter there is a fewer,. Degrees in August which was much to my amazement from plenty of budget hostels or hotels. Grab a Thermos full of hot tea or coffee ( or … you consider! Or luxury hotels in Dubrovnik ) villages of Oputzen and Metkovic it is possible!, July and August – this is when just about everybody goes to Croatia, Emirates continuously flights... Cycling, hiking or touring on a Croatia vacation °F ) i recommend adding an umbrella or a in... And sunny weather during summer, fall and winter rainy and cloudy open all-year-round and trance. Month ( January ), and one for the same way, Dubrovnik has a Mediterranean. 2016 | Disclaimer, including gloves and scarf s amazing how the sea doesn ’ t like winter in –! Celebration in Adriatic moves at a press conference this evening, as you may well expect one! Just the right temperatures for sightseeing, peek of Croatia brings up images a! To my amazement for wintertime Croatia it dropped below minus 10 Secretary announced a tough New by... Gets always colder in Plitvice than in coastal Croatia in Plitvice than in coastal areas quite warm father three. Visit icy snowy parts as well of tourists, wonderful the rakija grappa varieties for which is... Park covers 29,685 hectares ( it ’ s amazing how the sea doesn ’ t warm on the Adriatic,...